IGNORED

Intellivision Playcable for Sale

virtualduck

You'll be asked soon for 2 things. First would be to provide some references. Who are you? Why should we trust you on AtariAge?

Second would be to provide a price you want for the item. Most deals on AA go down with the seller setting the price and others making offers in private messages. Make it really high if you like and let people stack up their offers.

For this item you will also likely be asked if you are willing to ship outside the US.

You'll be asked soon for 2 3 things. First would be to provide some references. Who are you? Why should we trust you on AtariAge?

Second would be to provide a price you want for the item. Most deals on AA go down with the seller setting the price and others making offers in private messages. Make it really high if you like and let people stack up their offers.

Third, you will be asked to change your avatar to a picture of Shatner!

Fixed that for you! :P

• Like 4

You'll be asked soon for 2 things. First would be to provide some references. Who are you? Why should we trust you on AtariAge?

For this item you will also likely be asked if you are willing to ship outside the US.

These things. :)

• Like 1

Anyone have a record of what any sales of these over the last 3 years? I'd love to add it to my collection can't find any recent purchases. This is more like a "Hey what's this worth" thread than a selling tread.

Let me ask you. What do you want for it?

• Like 1

"Hi I would like to seriously sell you my playcable."

1) What do you want for a reference? I'm a System Administrator for a financial institution in Corning, NY. Corning was one of the test markets for these things due to all the fiber in town from Corning, Inc. I remember playing Motocross (I think - side scrolling dirt bike game) on it with my cousin when we were kids. I found it while going through items in an old chest in what's now our house. I initially googled it to see if there was a chance to get it going. My boys love the old consoles and spend a lot of time on my old Genesis, etc. I stumbled in here and found out they were worth some money so I figured I'd see if I could sell it instead.

2) I have no experience with shipping outside the US - I'm pretty sure it's easy to Canada, but other than that, I don't know. The real question is - does UPS or FedEx come to you without me having to get cavity searched?

3) I got two offers PM'd - one OK, one a lot better. I'm not sure if it'd be fair to those people to place a price now? I'm not sure - you guys can let me know how stuff is usually done. I'll put more weight on feedback from the two who PM'd me. I can put it up for a short auction on ebay if that's easiest. I do have a paypal account. I'd like to get it to someone while there's still time to get some presents with the $$.

Please let me know if you want other angles, etc for the pics. Or any other info on me short of getting my ID stolen.

Edited by virtualduck

"Hi I would like to seriously sell you my playcable."

1) What do you want for a reference? I'm a System Administrator for a financial institution in Corning, NY. Corning was one of the test markets for these things due to all the fiber in town from Corning, Inc. I remember playing Motocross (I think - side scrolling dirt bike game) on it with my cousin when we were kids. I found it while going through items in an old chest in what's now our house. I initially googled it to see if there was a chance to get it going. My boys love the old consoles and spend a lot of time on my old Genesis, etc. I stumbled in here and found out they were worth some money so I figured I'd see if I could sell it instead.

Ebay account names are often provided as a reference. Awesome find on the Playcable. Do you happen to have the box and the manuals as well?

I'm sure this is out of my price range, but just wanted to say that I think you're being very accommodating. Thanks for understanding the skepticism. Scammers occasionally pop up with 'great deals', so people expect some sort of validation.

Someday I'll have a Playable :) Someday...

Someday I won't have a Playcable :_( .... barring one of those once in a lifetime finds or me hitting the lottery big! I'd love to have that in my collection, but would never pay what it would go for for anything! Best of luck in your sale. Very nice piece!

If we don't know who the buy is what is the big deal on listing price. You could lie and say "One Million Dollars" and we would never really know.

That is the problem with treads like this. It doesn't serve the community as a whole.

I'm probably talking out of my ass here, but I'd estimate it's value (loose) around $300-800. $300 is probably a little low, but I know I'd definitely pay that :) so it works as a low end of the range. I could also see a bidding war drive one over $800, but I'd say $450-550 is about right most days. Again, all just my opinion. Not many of these become available. Many people would like one, but few are willing to pay for one...but it only takes one :)