IGNORED

looking for demo from zelax?

matosimi

hi, i've seen one demo from group zelax (i believe it is correct name of group)...

i think it should be not older than 5 years...

The only significant effect i remember there was goraud shaded (gtia) object rotating, but in very uncommon way:

- it was figure of soldier or knight

- there was pmg light (sun) circulating around gtia object

- object threw shadow according to sun's position

Do you know name of this demo?

I would like to watch it again...

thanks in advance

Martin

Edited by matosimi

Reditus bumps everything on the graphical side ...

But Maze is my favorite. The style of "3D Presentation" is just WOW.

i've never seen Maze before... quite nice, but numen was more advanced in terms of 3d presentation.

Maze looks like it was quite fast job, like old effects fabricated together... (but maybe im wrong, im not demo coder)

+10 points for the effects, -100 points for a demo that would work perfectly fine in NTSC except for a bulls--t "upgrade to PAL" check at the beginning.

I know I've said this before, but...

I wish game and demo coders would quit this crap. My NTSC 800 has a PAL ANTIC chip and would most likely run any PAL game/demo thrown at it, except it still detects as an NTSC machine. Just let the program try to run... if it crashes, so be it. Quit the 'smarter than thou' software checks....

I don't have a problem with demos that have problems in NTSC and check for that, but I have a problem with the suggestion that PAL is an "upgrade" from NTSC. Several demos use this text and it's rude.

I always found it humorous and meant in jest. If you think about it, it's true. The PAL machines can do more calculations in VBI so they are a bit more powerful. I'm just glad I have a real PAL machine alongside my other NTSC machines.

Feel free to do... Source code is at numen.scene.pl ;)

And pal more cycles available so in general difficult to adapt pal high end demos.

It helps to use the stock hardware, instead of the "fake" double Pokey.... means : use the half VBI time.

It also could help, NOT to wait for the full scene to be rendered. . Make it "C64" like : Many demos create the movement in a line shifted method. It makes it look working at the double speed and looks like interlace. As "interlace" is only interfering" static pictures, moving pictures get more fluent to the eyes..

So the demo runs fine in 50Hz and shows some tearing in 60Hz .... would be better than showing nothing.