IGNORED

Pac-Man Movie Fanfic Artwork.

Atariboy2600

As I was offline for almost 10 years I got alot of time to kill and I wanted to do some fan art on my fave game Pac-Man. So I started drawing it all on inkscape a program that I got it for free from my freind.

The whole back story on making this fanfic is that I wanted to have Pac-Man to be someone like George Bailey from 'It's A Wonderful Life' that it's his birthday and thinks he got to the point nobody seem to cares about him and as Sam from 'Quantum Leap' from leaping in other video game characters seeing that he's not alone in the universe. And the whole plot of the story is that way back in the Pac-Land he save a little fairy and took her back home. Well here the fairy onces again need his help and trying to bring him to her but got lost in the doorway and gone to other worlds from Super Mario to Sonic world and like 'Quantum Leap' jumping from one game character to an other to to get to the fairy that beeing held by the evil Mezmaron that wanted to use the fairy's powers to enter many other world to rule.

Before the main Pacman movie start it begin with a classic 1930s BW toon.

black_and_white_pac_man_01_by_atariboy26

Met the Pac-Family. Theres Pac-Man (far right) Jr Pac-Man, Ms.Pac-Man and there little girl Baby Pac.

black_and_white_pac_man_02_by_atariboy26

As he's heading to his work he hears a cry for help in the middle of the road.

black_and_white_pac_man_03_by_atariboy26

Then he found a small fairy thats seem to be hiding from someone.

black_and_white_pac_man_04_by_atariboy26

Then the little fairy princess asking Pac-Man to help finding a magic door to get back to her home. For your information if you ever played the classic 1984 Pac-Land then you know whats going to happen next.

black_and_white_pac_man_05_by_atariboy26

Getting out of the Pac-Land City is not that easy if you'll about to be run over by a Pac-Ford style model-T=p.gif

black_and_white_pac_man_06_by_atariboy26

Then Pac-Man found a house to hide from the Ghost but then he finds out that its a haunted house. As he trying to fine a way out he soons fine out that it was the evil wizard Mezmaron that wanted to use the fairy's powers to enter many other world to rule.

black_and_white_pac_man_07_by_atariboy26

As Pac-Man was fast on his feet he found the magic door to fairy land and gotten away from the keystone ghost.

black_and_white_pac_man_08_by_atariboy26

As Pac-Man falls on to a flower garden the fairy princess mother The Fairy Queen walls up to Pac-Man thanking him him by saving her little girl with a gift of Winged Red Boots thats gives him Air Jumping and will help him to reach his home safely.

black_and_white_pac_man_09_by_atariboy26

Need I say more?

black_and_white_pac_man_10_by_atariboy26

Pac-Man returns home the wife and kids are jumping for joy and then the whole family walk off the stage and takes a bow the crowd.

black_and_white_pac_man_11_by_atariboy26

You think its the end fo Pac-Man's story? Nope its just only the beginning.

black_and_white_pac_man_12_by_atariboy26

• Like 3

And now the Pac-Man fanfic movie starts now. Here's a mockup movie poster.
pacman_fanart_poster___type_b_by_ataribo

Screen: Movie Title
Background Song: Styx - Come Sail Alway

I wanted to give it a movie like style form the late 70s or early 80s looks. I know it's kind of Superman style here but I still like it.

pacman_fanfic___main_title_card__by_atar

Screen: The Pac Family
Background Song: Supertramp - Goodbye Stranger

Here we start seeing Pac-Man getting ready to go to work and seeing his family doing there thing, His older daughter Pac-Gal is going out her date. His first born JR Pac-Man playing his game. And his wife Ms.Pac-Man and his little girl Baby Pac-Man playing some keys.

pacman_fanfic___the_pac_family__by_atari

Screen: Pac-Man 1980
Background Song: Rush - New World Man

I wanted him to work not just a maze but a power plant like that powers the whole city of Pac-Land well is was running okay untill something gone wrong and on top of that the plant is about to blow and worst 4 ghosts are making things from bad to well you can see whats happening.

pacman_fanfic___pac_man_1980__by_ataribo

Screen: Space Warp
Background Song: Boston - Foreplay Long Time/Long Time

It seem that the plant's power did stop the then at the canter of the maze a worm hole open and pull Pac-Man what seem to be space time warp and flying into and other galaxy. what will happen next?

pacman_fanfic___majestic__by_atariboy260

Screen: Super Mario Bros 1985
Background Song: Van Halen - Jump

Now the fun begins. In this story I wanted Pac-Man live the life of other video game characters to give you an idea ever seen the sci-fi tv show Quantum Leap where Sam is leaping on into other people's body and we can only see Sam but where he's near any mirror we can see the body of the other person well here Pac-Man is leaping into other video game characters as the world see only the main character like Mario but we see only Pac-man as Mario.

pacman_fanfic___super_mario_bros_1985__b

Screen: Frogger 1981
Background Song: REO Speedwagon - Roll With The Changes

I love the old Saturday Supercade that aired in Saturday in 1983 and seeing some of my fave arcade games come to life and one of there show was Frogger, in the cartoon Frogger he plays as a ace reporter of the swamp who works at the Swamp Gazette. He and his friends Shellshock "Shelly" Turtle and Fanny Frog go out in search of crazy stories (sometimes about human behavior) to publish in the swamp's newspapers. Frogger also has to deal with his gruff boss and editor-in-chief Tex Toadwalker but we all know in the game, he often gets flattened or has an encounter with an alligator.

pacman_fanfic___frogger_1981__by_ataribo

Screen: Q*bert 1982
Background Song: Boston - Something About You

To continue on using Saturday Supercade cartoons next is one of my fave arcade classic game Q*bert. In the cartoon it's set in a 1950s inspired world set in the town of Q*Berg, a teenage fur-covered creature named Q*bert, his girlfriend Q*Tee, his brother Q*Bit, and his friends Q*Ball, Q*Val and Q*Mongus must deal with the resident bullies Coily, Ugg, Wrong Way, and Viper. Features both "block-hopping" scenes, "swearing" bubbles and occasional flying disc, all from the original game. New to the cartoon was Q*bert's use of "slippy-doos", a black ball projectile which he loaded and fired through his nose, producing an oil slick wherever the balls splattered. Slick and Sam.

pacman_fanfic___q_bert_1982__by_atariboy

Screen: Metal Gear 1987
Background Song: Rush - Tom Sawyer

Metal Gear is one of my all time fave MSX2 game and yes I have a Sony Hitbit MSX2 and lots of games and one of Metal Gear I have both the Eng and Japanese version but I also still love to play the NES even if its a water down game.

If you dont know thw back story on the game heres a quick info. In Metal Gear for the MSX follows Solid Snake, a rookie member of the FOXHOUND special operations unit. He is sent by his superior Big Boss to the fictional South African fortress Outer Heaven, with the goal of finding the missing squad member Gray Fox and investigating a weapon known as Metal Gear. However, Big Boss is later revealed to be the leader of Outer Heaven, which he has created as a place for soldiers to fight free of any ideology that he believes has been forced upon them by governments. He fights Snake and, although he loses, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake reveals Big Boss' survival. The two face off, with Snake once again achieving victory.

pacman_fanfic___metal_gear_1987__by_atar

Screen:The Legend of Zelda 1986
Background Song: Styx - Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)

This game just rock and I love it so much I even have for both Famicom Disc and cart and I have a complete set in box for the NES. If you dont know the stopy and why for the life of me but anyway in the game the evil Ganon, the King of Evil, breaks free from the Dark World and captures Hyrule's beloved Princess Zelda. Before she is caught, Zelda manages to shatter the Triforce of Wisdom and scatter its eight pieces throughout Hyrule. Link swears to recover the Triforce pieces and rescue Princess Zelda from Ganon's clutches.

pacman_fanfic___the_legend_of_zelda_1986

Screen: Double Dragon 1987
Background Song: Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane

I freaking love playing this game I have just one brother and we always play this game on the NES. In this story Pac-Man plays the part of martial artist Billy Lee, or his twin brother Jimmy (also known as Hammer and Spike in the supplementary materials for the American arcade release), as they fight their way into the turf of the Black Warriors gang in order to rescue their common love interest Marian.

pacman_fanfic___double_dragon_1987__by_a

Screen: Mega Man 1987
Background Song: Styx - Mr. Roboto

The story begin with Pac-Man waking up in a lab and plays as a humanoid robot Mega Man against the mad scientist Dr. Wily and the six Robot Masters under his control.

pacman_fanfic___mega_man_1987__by_atarib

Screen: Kid Icarus 1986
Background Song: Rush - Fly By Night

This is one of the earlyer games I played on the NES that I love alot. The plot of Kid Icarus revolves around protagonist Pit's quest for three sacred treasures, which he must equip to rescue the Grecian fantasy world Angel Land and its ruler, the goddess Palutena.

pacman_fanfic___kid_icarus_1986__by_atar

Screen: Sonic the Hedgehog 1991
Background Song: Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)

Man I remember the day I got the Sega Genesis and packin with a kick ass game Sonic the Hedgehog it was a blast! Anyway. In this part Pac-Man pays the part of Sonic running through the world mobius in order to stop Doctor Robotnik from taking over the world as aways and save princess sally. I know that Sally is not in the first game but hey it's my story.

pacman_fanfic___sonic_the_hedgehog_1991_

Screen: Asteroids 1979
Background Song: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

Okay I was thinking how could I make a story on a Atari game Asteroid? You're just a triangle ship in space and shotting rocks well I found an idea. I used one of my 1982 book call "The Story of Atari Asteroids 1 edition" its a read-along audio recordings, each book has black and white illustrations on each page, as well as the text of the story. This is a story book that tells of a Recon Patrol pilot named John Strohmeyer and a female android co-pilot, who is investigating the disappearance of an ore-carrier. He enters a asteroid belt, where he meets a Cosmic Space Patrol, and they are attacked by pirates that have hijacked the ship they where supposed to investigate. The ore ship is destroyed by the pirates, and then the asteroid rushes at his ship, but is the asteroid is destroyed by the Cosmic Space Patrol ship, revealing a hidden pirate command center as it explodes. After battle and suffering from some damage, John's ship is towed to safety. Some of the images here will look very similar to other classic Atair art works but I just love to see them oin this story.

pacman_fanfic___asteroids_1979__by_atari

Screen: Fairy Princess
Background Song: Journey - People And Places

More info:

Now it seems that Pac-Man fines out that it was the (not so little) fairy princess (remember the Black and White pics?) that was taken but the evil wizard Mezmaron once again wanted to use the fairy's powers to enter many other world to rule blah blah blah.
But she got away and then send out a bunch of butterflys (if you go back and see if yon can fine some in the Pacman art pics) to seek out Pac-Man's help.

pacman_fanfic___fairy_princess__by_atari

Screen: Epic Failure.
Background Song: Boston - A Man I'll Never Be

More info: As He trying to save the fairy Mezmaron found them and zaped Pac-Man into a alternate universe where Pac-Man fail to save his world and his family turn into Ghost.

pacman_fanfic___epic_failure__by_ataribo

Screen: Wizard.
Background Song: Rush - Losing It

More info:

Now that Mezmaron capture the Fairy Princess he now zapping her magic (turning her outfit from blue to green) to open all the doorways to the universes. But Pac-Man is not giving up.

pacman_fanfic___the_wizard__by_atariboy2

Screen: Never Alone.
Background Song: Styx - Castle Walls

More info:

It seem all but lost but then again he had made some friends in his journey.

pacman_fanfic___never_alone__by_atariboy

Screen: Escape
Background Song: Journey - Escape

More info:

As Mezmaron try to stop Pac-Man from getting to the fairy princess he throws everything but the kitchen sink at him but Pac-Man getting a helping hands from many of the cast members to reach his gold in saving the fairy and to get back home.

pacman_fanfic___escape__by_atariboy2600-

Screen: A Long Way Home
Background Song: Supertramp - Take The Long Way Home

More info:

After he saved the fairy princess he open his only to fine himself on ground in the middle of a trashed power factory and worst his boss fired him on the spot. Pac-Man walks home thinking to him self did he really gone to all many worlds or was it all a dream. Or was it.

pacman_fanfic___a_long_way_home__by_atar

Screen: Happy Birthday Pac-Man
Background Song: REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling

More info:

Pac-Man came back home but evey seem to be in bed so he walks in up near the kitchen table sat down alone with a note from the job feeling like a looser then with a warning a small cup cake with one lid candle place there by his wife Ms.Pac-Man thinking every body forgot his birthday.

pacman_fanfic____happy_birthday_pac_man_

Screen: Wish Come True
Background Song: Journey - Any Way You Want It

More info:

After Ms.Pac-Man gave him the cake and a kiss on his forehead Pac-Man got up from the chair, took her hands, huging her and begin doing a a slow dance on the kitchen. But atfer he open his eyes he saw a greeting card on the table thats shape like a butterfly. He pick it up opens it saying 'For Saving My Daughter You have One Birthday Wish' Sine The Fairy Queen. He then close his wishing something he wanted to do for a long time. Then as he open his eyes seeing tha his wish came true that can fly it the air then with he see that every body he knows and meet joining the fun.

The End.

pacman_fanfic___wish_come_true__by_atari

• Like 4

Damn, you put a lot of work into this! The illustrations look really great, and the ideas you have are solid! You should ask a moderator to move this to the General forum, I think you'll get a lot more views there.

You did an awesome job covering a wide range of games, and fitting Pac Man into them.

Okay but how can I do that whos the moderator?

Damn, you put a lot of work into this! The illustrations look really great, and the ideas you have are solid! You should ask a moderator to move this to the General forum, I think you'll get a lot more views there.

You did an awesome job covering a wide range of games, and fitting Pac Man into them.

Wow thanks and yes I would love to go back doing label art I found out that some one is making a better Pacman for the 2600 wonder if I could do some.

These was not the first time I drew Pac-Man on inkscape this one I did here from 2010 to celebrate his 30th anniversary:

happy_30th_pac_man__by_atariboy2600-d88z

I've moved this into the Classic Gaming General forum, where it'll definitely get more views. I am astounded at the work you put into this, and need to take the time it deserves to read through and look at all the images..

..Al

Nice illustrations! I like the 30's cartoon style most.

agreed! All the illustrations are good, but the 30's-style posters were stunning and unexpected, to me. There's a lot to take in with all the illustrations contained in one recent post, so I'll be looking at them some more to mentally digest it all. Nice attention to detail!

agreed! All the illustrations are good, but the 30's-style posters were stunning and unexpected, to me. There's a lot to take in with all the illustrations contained in one recent post, so I'll be looking at them some more to mentally digest it all. Nice attention to detail!

Thanks IM a huge fan of classic cartoons for the 20s and 30s and I had been collecting many of them from Felix the Cat, Betty Boop And And many classic B&W Warner Brothers and Disney shorts on VHS and later DVD. I had to draw not only the classic style of art work both characters and backdrops but also had to recreate the films dust and scratches as if it age tye same way using inkscape vector by hand. Plus I wanted to draw Pac-Man as a classic 30s cartoon because of two reason. One in the video game world Pac-Man was THE very first video gaming start as like Charlie Chaplin was the first Hollywood mega or Mickey Mouse was the first true cartoon star so I wanted to make a link of that with Pac-Man. And two In a way Pac-Man was drawn like a classic classic silent cartoon character with both his eyes and his outfit with red gloves and shoe so its seem to fit right. And yes I also love to see how Ms.Pac-Man would look as a retro toon with her Betty Boop style legs^^

• 6 years later...