IGNORED

What Computer games are you currently playing?

cimerians

I've been pretty into Crimzon Clover World Ignition for a couple weeks now. It's close to the perfect modern shmup, IMO. There are a lot of bullets on screeen at once, but the game does a great job of easing players into it with a novice mode, offering practice modes to quickly increase skills, and a nice replay feature to for kicking back and actually enjoying the graphics/music. I do wish they had done more with online highscore chasing than simply hosting a giant score table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHKmWPrtHMY

• Like 1

Currently playing Telltale Games' Poker Night 2. I really like the concept and it's very hard to stop playing, even though I'm not a big fan of poker by any means. Too bad Bruce Campbell couldn't do the voice of Ash, but the voice actor who does is alright. I'm very happy Patrick Warburton voiced Brock at least. I really hope they make another game.

Edited by xenomorpher

Main games I'm playing on the PC right now would be Minecraft (In trying to build a guardian farm in 1.8, I seem to have started building a massive industrial complex because the farm itself was too efficient.) Chantelise on Steam (on and off), and I'll probably start in on Recettear sooner than later, assuming it'll work on my computer. (I have less than a 50/50 chance on this comp. I really need to upgrade. ^^)

Heard many great things about this game, it's on my to play list soon.

Heh..King of Dragon Pass

It is a really fun RPG, definitely something I sink a fair amount of time into. The story is intriguing enough that you want to keep moving forward, it has a great look to the game, and there's a lot to do. I picked it up on Steam Sale for $5, but it would be worth it even not on sale in my opinion.

I didn't even know they ported King of Dragon Pass to mobile devices, that's awesome! But also a big problem, because it means I'll be tempted to play it at work :P

• Like 1

Started Dishonored again. I tried it when it was new but found the abilites (the main selling point) to be too limited, and the writing to be WAY dorky and ham-fisted. I thought "that new Thief game is coming soon, I'll wait for that." Well, that Thief game was trash, and Dishonored was on sale for $5 so I'm goving it a second chance. I'm getting into the gameplay more but the writing still makes me cringe. Can't have it all, I guess.

I'm getting into the gameplay more but the writing still makes me cringe. Can't have it all, I guess.

We're stuck with Dishonored until the people that own Thief get it right. After playing Thief and forcing myself to finish it, I don't think they ever will. Yeah the story is pretty much a non factor but the gameplay is nice in Dishonored. Really nice, I wish Thief would have been just as good. If I remember, the choices you make in the game determine the ending, you kill too much then your a "bad guy" and if you play the whole game without killing anyone you get something somewhat different. You can mix it up but I'm not sure what ending you'll get doing it that way. I never went back to play it twice to see the differences but someday I will, it was fun. This and a billion other games on the "to play" list.

Final Fantasy IV (Steam Edition...couldn't pass it up during the sale). More or less a decent port (Android) of a nice upgraded port (on the DS) of one of my favorite games ever being (possibly) emulated very, very poorly on the PC, but I'm playing it nonetheless. It's actually worse than Final Fantasy III, which at least wouldn't crash my PC during video playback.