IGNORED

Happy New Year 2015 Demo

Asmusr

happy new year!

sorry for the question, but how to run it in classic99?

I mounted the disc as dsk1 and executed editor/assembler

Which name have I to type under option 3 - Load and run -?

I just mounted it as DSK1 and started Extended BASIC. It auto-loads.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, time flies, and I guess my Happy New Year demo can't wait forever. Looks like it began on January 4th and ended the 7th. I'm having the usual laid-back fun with a constant flow of ideas and new projects. It's actually pretty bad, since part of my brain seems slightly hardwired into that dreadful old graphic mode (the one TI Basic uses).

Had several, or should I say tons of ideas, like drawing with a crayon (yep, all up on the screen), or instead using an eraser, like introducing blop (blit of shape). And I've played around with the piano/keyboard (synth) composing and playing "live", recording it with intent to pass it somehow using MIDI to whatever to get it into a rather plain ISR driven sound-list. Perhaps with an overall custom ADSR (obviously then having to pull my own driver). - Ever so often my projects have been silent, runs into the sand, or the usual distraction (work with something else) and in this case too, I haven't found time or momentum to go all the way.

What I did do is, take a simple bitmap image, usually 12 KB, reducing size using monochrome (2 colors) to 6K and then using some sort of RLE, to reduce it further to just above 2 KB. Using C# and Visual Studio.

I was also playing around with the idea of having snow fall to the ground etc. - apart from some stars rotating. I worked a bit forth and back with the colors schemes and decided that the original white background was best, effectively dropping the idea about snow (would obviously have been using sprites for that). Anyway, went through the stages of making the star rotate, thinking 6 frames would make it look smooth, and reducing colors to only one. Using ActionScript and Flash Pro.

Here you go, - Happy New Year. It should play Silent Night, but obviously too silent for the human ear to pick it up. Total size less than 3 KB.

Files for MESS (mess ti99_4a -cart newyear.rpk) and Classic99 (use Cartridge, User, Open and find newyearc.bin):

• Like 5

Well, time flies, and I guess my Happy New Year demo can't wait forever. Looks like it began on January 4th and ended the 7th. I'm having the usual laid-back fun with a constant flow of ideas and new projects. It's actually pretty bad, since part of my brain seems slightly hardwired into that dreadful old graphic mode (the one TI Basic uses).

Hmmm, not sure about that one. You of all people seem to have a knack for creating elegant, modern looking graphics with the limitations of our poor old 9918a. I wasn't around yet, way back when you were making all those demos, but I've always thought that they were some of the nicest looking things I've seen on the TI.

• Like 1

about yours nice demos i wonder to find an old video where you mixed all them but i can't be able to find it... maybe you can help please ?

Ah yeah, it was a relatively popular video. At some point the number of demos had doubled, so I wanted to make something new, but then got distracted. I'm afraid I don't have a backup. Thanks for the interest. I guess it's on my list (to do a video like that), but it has low priority.

You of all people seem to have a knack for creating elegant, modern looking graphics with the limitations of our poor old 9918a. I wasn't around yet, way back when you were making all those demos, but I've always thought that they were some of the nicest looking things I've seen on the TI.

Thanks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And as much as the next guy I get "inspired".

• 2 months later...

Wow i am very impressed, i am sure that TI99 could do it too :D :D ... i remember some really great "short" demos from SOMETIMES99ER, they was really nice... and them all had old programming techniques because programmed some years ago...

post-24673-0-19739000-1427056530_thumb.jpg post-24673-0-11996600-1427056531_thumb.jpg post-24673-0-26197100-1427056532_thumb.jpg post-24673-0-16551200-1427056533_thumb.jpg

at today we have really great programmers minds added in this community... and new discovered tecniques for Programming something really special like a goo demos :D

Edited by ti99iuc