IGNORED

Amiibo!

Unbeliever

FYI, Target released Rosalina this morning in the US. Get her before she's gone gone gone!

People are buying all the stock at the department stores as soon as they open so they can resell them. Someone in my city went to a store at 9am and saw people will shopping trolleys full of Amiibo.

I will have to pre-order Pacman and Mr. Game and Watch.

I picked up a few Amiibos when I was out today, although I doubt I'll be opening them unless I actually go ahead and pick up a Wii U. I didn't see Rosalina, since in Canada it'll be sold from like 4-6 different chains instead of being exclusive to the pulling out Target. I guess I'll just make sure I have time to check Toys R Us, Gamestop, and Wal-mart on my way to work this week. If I see one, I'll get it. But I doubt I'll care that much if people with more money than integrity go about buying up the lot of them before I can get one - I certainly won't be one of their customers.

Edited by Mord

Blegh, the day after I was actually AT a Target. Oh well, I was only considering buying Rosalina because I knew she'd be Marth-level rare anyways. Saves me some money for a character I like better, I suppose.

People are buying all the stock at the department stores as soon as they open so they can resell them. Someone in my city went to a store at 9am and saw people will shopping trolleys full of Amiibo.

I will have to pre-order Pacman and Mr. Game and Watch.

I'm just glad I had the foresight to preorder her from across the pond. My Rosetta and Chiko from Play Asia is lovely. I totally dig the purple nail polish. :love:

C9C2FB0E-E261-1DA2-8D13F82C58416B84.png

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

I'm just glad I had the foresight to preorder her from across the pond. My Rosetta and Chiko from Play Asia is lovely. I totally dig the purple nail polish. :love:

I wound up doing the same thing with Meta Knight. I wanted to get all the Kirby characters, but Best Buy was out of preorders, and the only stores close to me are over an hour away anyways, so I just decided to pay a bit more to avoid a few headaches. Mine's not here yet, but the pics I've seen of other peoples' Meta Knights look great. Definitely looking forward to getting my figure.

I remember when Skylanders launched. A few months into 2012 you couldn't walk into a Wal-Mart or Target in this area and not see empty pegs in the Skylander displays. Online shops were sold out except for 3rd party sellers gouging for 3 to 4 times the figures worth. Now those same figures can be found just about anywhere for $5 new. I got caught up in all that and vowed never again. Now I have a huge collection of Skylanders that are for the most part not worth much but take up a lot of room. I've actually opened about half of them just to try and free up some space. I did snag 3 Amiibo's on a CheapAssGamer deal for $8.60 apiece. Now I can say I have a few anyways. Wish the bubbles weren't so large on these things.

I remember when Skylanders launched. A few months into 2012 you couldn't walk into a Wal-Mart or Target in this area and not see empty pegs in the Skylander displays. Online shops were sold out except for 3rd party sellers gouging for 3 to 4 times the figures worth. Now those same figures can be found just about anywhere for $5 new. I got caught up in all that and vowed never again. Now I have a huge collection of Skylanders that are for the most part not worth much but take up a lot of room. I've actually opened about half of them just to try and free up some space. I did snag 3 Amiibo's on a CheapAssGamer deal for $8.60 apiece. Now I can say I have a few anyways. Wish the bubbles weren't so large on these things.

Yeah, but you know Nintendo. I suspect they are intentionally limiting stock or outright discontinuing certain characters. I'd love to be proven wrong though. Sick of seeing Mario, Peach, et al everywhere. The only Wave 3 Amiibo I've seen yet on a peg in a store is Bowser.

Yeah, but you know Nintendo. I suspect they are intentionally limiting stock or outright discontinuing certain characters.

Near as I can tell Amiibo's saved Nintendo this gen.

My guess is they just can't out produce the current frenzy but would love for everyone to purchase in a way that N will get a cut of the $$.

They would be really foolish to NOT cash in on figures and maybe inspire some consoles and software sales. But yeah, who knows.

My Amiibos so far. Trying to get all of the Smash Brothers + Toad!

Somebody posted on NintendoAge Toad is already sold out at Gamestop... :_(

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/toad-super-mario-amiibo-figure/120252

Really getting old. And I really wanted Toad to play with the upcoming Treasure Tracker update... :_( :_(

Somebody posted on NintendoAge Toad is already sold out at Gamestop... :_(

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/toad-super-mario-amiibo-figure/120252

Really getting old. And I really wanted Toad to play with the upcoming Treasure Tracker update... :_( :_(

Thanks for the heads up! I went to Gamestop today and was able to preorder Toad from the store.

I put bids on two different Rosalina Amiibos on ebay yesterday. I was hoping to win one but really I didn't expect to win either but I won both. We already have some duplicates in our house due to Xmas present but they all get used, won't sell or swap them.

I will definitely have to do some pre-ordering very soon.

Unfortunately, it seems like you have to preorder to get them now. I have had many opportunities to buy the rare ones in store (Villager, Wii Fit, Marth, Little Mac, etc.) but I refuse to buy them to scalp them. All of mine are open and the kids actually play with them. I collect them, but I also see them as toys and not just for display. Same goes for my games. It doesn't mean we are not careful with them though!

Unfortunately, it seems like you have to preorder to get them now. I have had many opportunities to buy the rare ones in store (Villager, Wii Fit, Marth, Little Mac, etc.) but I refuse to buy them to scalp them.

Same here, I saw three toon Links at Toys R' Us last week and I bought one of them. I left the other two knowing someone would probably buy both.

The problem is worse than we realize, scalpers come from every corner. People who could care less about Nintendo or video games and only to make money off of the collectability of stuff. I had a relative ages ago who made a small fortune off of Beanie Babies if anyone remembers that crap. She was really into the whole thing and invested a lot of money and made a lot of money back. It was insane.

Saw Sheik and Toon Link at ebgames today so picked up one each. Also ended up getting a yoshi. :ponder:

Still yet to see any Rosalinas around, but I suspect if those are being released already (Futureshop supposedly started releasing them on feb 1st in Canada) then they're just being bought up before I see them. I'll just continue keeping an eye open for it in case I get lucky I guess.

Saw Sheik and Toon Link at ebgames today so picked up one each.

Sheik and Toon Link are available on Game Stops website at regular price as I suspect most will be once the frenzy dies down, and the scalpers stop buying every thing in sight freaking out the collectors who are sure they will never come back in stock. Wouldn't surprise me to see Wii Fit Trainers and Villagers back on pegs before Xmas.

Got my Meta Knight in the mail yesterday. It's a really nice figure, actually. I wasn't sure how it'd turn out, but the paintjob is pretty perfect, and the back support is barely visible from the front. Got a pic below.

NZpbkuV.jpg

I think the Dedede I preordered from GameStop is also coming in on Friday, so I'll definitely post a pic of that one when I get it, and then maybe snap a pic of all three Kirby character Amiibos together.