IGNORED

Sporadic colored "vertical lines" on screen?!?!?!

tonyankyfan1

Greetings guys-

I picked up another CV and have an issue with "sporadic vertical colored lines" on the screen when playing any games, it is not an isolated thing. If i turn the power on and off, or hit reset or pop the cart in and out, it sometimes goes away, but comes back. What is this issue??? Can it be fixed???....

Thanks Anthony

It might just be a dirty power switch. You can have the power switch cleaned or replaced and that will probably fix it. There's a technique around the forums somewhere.

I replaced my power switch like this and now it works great almost always.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/233321-cv-power-switch-replacememt/

Greetings guys-

I picked up another CV and have an issue with "sporadic vertical colored lines" on the screen when playing any games, it is not an isolated thing. If i turn the power on and off, or hit reset or pop the cart in and out, it sometimes goes away, but comes back. What is this issue??? Can it be fixed???....

Thanks Anthony

Definetely the power switch and you need to refurbish it following Yurkie's instructions that he just posted in another thread or hve someone do it for you. There are quick remedies to the power switch issue, but it won't last long as many have found out over the years, so mine as well get it fixed right and then you should have a reliable system for hopefully years to come.

• 3 weeks later...