IGNORED

Translucent Jaguar Console Pre-Orders

Parrothead

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

Ok, shipping:

Canada: $16 First Class OR $31 Priority Mail

Other International: $24 First Class OR $45 Priority Mail

If you are in the USA, you can paypal $40 for each shell and $8 for each cartridge to admin@gamegavel.com. Please put your quantities and item in the Paypal subject line or message.

If you live outside the USA, then just add your shipping method cost to your order and again, detail the quantities of the items you are ordering within the Paypal subject line or message.

For now, I am not going to do a run of the CD ROM units, as there are quite a few parts involved with that and I've yet to discuss my costs with the injection molder. Might make these available in the future though.

I will begin mailing these in February/March timeframe. Also, I will be able to manufacture the console bottom with backing plastic but won't be able to recreate the PCB post locations because of how the molds were modified. I believe you should be able to cut them away and relocate them IF you know what you are doing? Does anyone who purchased the white molds off eBay have anything to say about doing this? Please help out the others :)

Any questions, let me know. Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Parrothead

I cut off the posts with a junior hacksaw blade. Then super glued them in the correct place. I take it you now have the kit that the dentist had?

I will definitely take a shell and four carts but would also like photos.

this might or might not work, a hacksaw blade has a thickness and this thickness will be removed from the posts when you glue them on resulting an shorter posts after they are glued on. i dont know how forgiving the board is for inconsistencies but i personally would prefer the right dimensions for the posts to make it fit the best it can do

this might or might not work, a hacksaw blade has a thickness and this thickness will be removed from the posts when you glue them on resulting an shorter posts after they are glued on. i dont know how forgiving the board is for inconsistencies but i personally would prefer the right dimensions for the posts to make it fit the best it can do

The glue will add about the thickness of what is taken off with the blade. I'm interested in checking these out once some pics are up. I didn't want to mess with the posts but if the backing is back in place I might think about it..

While I wouldn't use a hacksaw blade (jr. or otherwise), do have some super sharp electronics snips that should work pretty well. Could maybe even use an Xacto blade, razor blade or dremmel instead?

Kind of why I was asking how important the posts really are. If they're more for support as standoffs or stability.

It probably fails the radio-frequency emissions test without the metal cage, so you may get interference on other devices nearby. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the JagCD may not work correctly in this case.

Never had an issue with my uncaged Jaguar, of course, doesn't mean it will be the same for everyone.

• Like 1