• Atari rocks!

Posted Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:49 PM

I'm waiting for photos.

#52 save2600 ONLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 15,586 posts

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:39 PM

Just took a leap of faith on this and paid for my order.   :)

#53 Guitari OFFLINE  

Guitari

Stargunner

• 1,719 posts

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:02 PM

I don't quite have your courage. Almost, but not quite.  :)

#54 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,641 posts

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:32 PM

I am done doing leaps of faith . Show pictures of this and I may be interested otherwise I will pass . 

#55 Clint Thompson OFFLINE  

Clint Thompson

River Patroller

• 4,424 posts
  • Kiss Reality Goodbye.

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:48 PM

I don't see how this isn't going to look like any other frosted translucent case? At least, I'm hoping it looks like the clear 2600 cases that VGWIZ used to offer.

#56 save2600 ONLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 15,586 posts

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 PM

Translucent by definition is 'not exactly clear' so am hoping it *is* going to be a bit frosted. Would rather see that than a perfectly clear case where you'll be able to see any and all manufacturing flaws or future scratches and scuffs.

#57 sh3-rg OFFLINE  

sh3-rg

River Patroller

• 3,397 posts
  • doge + tie = dothemath

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:21 PM

Translucent by definition is 'not exactly clear' so am hoping it *is* going to be a bit frosted. Would rather see that than a perfectly clear case where you'll be able to see any and all manufacturing flaws or future scratches and scuffs.

And you wouldn't be able to stop yourself looking inside and asking "Does that say CPU...?               or does it say GPU...?              CPU...?             or GPU...?            GPU...?              or CPU...?                " and that could get a bit unhealthy.

#58 NeoGeoNinja OFFLINE  

NeoGeoNinja

Dragonstomper

• 825 posts

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:35 PM

And you wouldn't be able to stop yourself looking inside and asking "Does that say CPU...?               or does it say GPU...?              CPU...?             or GPU...?            GPU...?              or CPU...?                " and that could get a bit unhealthy.

Haaahahahahaha!

#59 Parrothead OFFLINE  

Parrothead

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,624 posts

Posted Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:00 PM

** UPDATE **

Ok, I should have the tools delivered to my injection molder this week, I hope. After they arrive I will be running test molds through them and will drop a photo on here of what they will look like. After this, I am asking that everyone who wants either the console or cartridges to pay within a 24-hour period because I will only be running these translucent components once before I start using the tooling/molds for their new purpose - teaser - http://www.twitter.com/retrovgs.

#60 Guitari OFFLINE  

Guitari

Stargunner

• 1,719 posts

Posted Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:28 PM

Happy to pay in the 24 hrs after photos are posted. But please be mindful of time differences.
All the best.

#61 masematte OFFLINE  

masematte

Dragonstomper

• 678 posts

Posted Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:37 PM

What is the shipping price for europe/germany and i also wait for pics

#62 sirlynxalot OFFLINE  

sirlynxalot

Dragonstomper

• 551 posts

Posted Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:54 PM

** UPDATE **

Ok, I should have the tools delivered to my injection molder this week, I hope. After they arrive I will be running test molds through them and will drop a photo on here of what they will look like. After this, I am asking that everyone who wants either the console or cartridges to pay within a 24-hour period because I will only be running these translucent components once before I start using the tooling/molds for their new purpose - teaser - http://www.twitter.com/retrovgs.

Hmm, I see a corner of a white jaguar case, but that's what was previously offered by the dental folks? Intrigued for what the "new purpose" might be.

#63 mickcris OFFLINE  

mickcris

Moonsweeper

• 485 posts

Posted Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:29 PM

Hmm, I see a corner of a white jaguar case, but that's what was previously offered by the dental folks? Intrigued for what the "new purpose" might be.

Here is a link with more info about the "new purpose":

http://www.nintendoa...threadid=141995

#64 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 4,537 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:10 PM

Oh cool there is a console coming out that looks like the Jaguar, plays cartridges, and will play a bunch of new homebrews that are coming out currently?  I think I've heard of that system, its called the ATARI JAGUAR.

:grin: (yes I still want my translucent case)

Edited by travistouchdown, Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:11 PM.

#65 MattelAquarius OFFLINE  

MattelAquarius

Moonsweeper

• 479 posts

Posted Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:26 PM

Once the 24 deadline has begun, I'd like 1 console and 1 cart case.

If/when the CD becomes available, I'd like that too.

With a translucent case, we'll finally be able to see all the Jaguar's bits. (Yes, of course I meant it "that" way.)

#66 Guitari OFFLINE  

Guitari

Stargunner

• 1,719 posts

Posted Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:30 AM

Any idea when this 24hr period is going to be Mike?

#67 magmon51 OFFLINE  

magmon51

Space Invader

• 22 posts

Posted Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:49 AM

Here is a link with more info about the "new purpose":

http://www.nintendoa...threadid=141995

It's so vague that I'm not sure if I'm ready to fork out cash, but it has potential. If this is a new cartridge based console, I may have to jump on board.

#68 doctorclu OFFLINE  

doctorclu

***Moon Patrol 5200*** *Moon Master2015* *Blue Max:Class 4*

• 7,729 posts
  • *Star Raiders 2* **Captain -CL 2**

Posted Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:38 PM

Put me down for one white CD unit and 2 white cartridges.

#69 Parrothead OFFLINE  

Parrothead

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,624 posts

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:32 PM

Ok.  Tooling should be delivered to its new home, an injection molding company here in So Cal. It should arrive tomorrow or Friday.  I will then need to schedule with the mold shop to set up the tooling and start the runs.  I will then post a photo of one of them as soon as we can.  Maybe as early as Mon or Tues of next week.  If not by then it would have to be the following week because I am heading to the Game Developers Convetion next Wed-Fri.  But we are getting close!  So just continue to watch this thread for news.

Also, we should have some official word up on ReadRETRO.com by day's end about the new console that will be the Jaguar repurposed, rebranded and reengineered. 

Thanks guys!

Mike

Edited by Parrothead, Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:32 PM.

#70 save2600 ONLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 15,586 posts

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up Mike! BTW: Sent you a PM, but doesn't look like you've read it yet… just wanted to let you know I botched the instructions and paid via your socal account. Hope you got it okay! 

#71 sh3-rg OFFLINE  

sh3-rg

River Patroller

• 3,397 posts
  • doge + tie = dothemath

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:57 PM

about the new console that will be the Jaguar repurposed, rebranded and reengineered. 

interested to see how far the reengineered part goes.

#72 Clint Thompson OFFLINE  

Clint Thompson

River Patroller

• 4,424 posts
  • Kiss Reality Goodbye.

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:11 PM

Are you also re-engineering the cart cases after also or are they going to basically stay the same so more clear cart variants can be molded in the future?

#73 jaybird3rd ONLINE  

jaybird3rd

Quadrunner

• 9,190 posts
  • "Excuse me, sir? I have a question ..."

Posted Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:49 AM

Thanks for the updates! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the new shells, and depending on how they turn out, I'll probably add some cartridge shells to my order, too. I'm intrigued by the new console project also!

#74 ls650 OFFLINE  

ls650

Quadrunner

• 7,440 posts
  • Atari rocks!

Posted Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:48 AM

Something I'd like to see once some shells are completed: details on assembly: is this going to be a straight-forward task for someone handy with a screwdriver?

Or will this be a "90% complete" item, where the buyer will be expected to do some drilling, soldering, or other assembly?

#75 Parrothead OFFLINE  

Parrothead

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,624 posts

Posted Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:13 PM

Something I'd like to see once some shells are completed: details on assembly: is this going to be a straight-forward task for someone handy with a screwdriver?

Or will this be a "90% complete" item, where the buyer will be expected to do some drilling, soldering, or other assembly?

I will include the top and bottom shell case + button, light pipe and spring.  No fasteners.  You guys will have to assemble.  Also, you all might want to go follow our Facebook page to stay in the loop on the repurposing of the Jag as the RETRO VGS.

https://www.facebook...783316545070951

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users