IGNORED

Translucent Jaguar Console Pre-Orders

Parrothead

Translucent by definition is 'not exactly clear' so am hoping it *is* going to be a bit frosted. Would rather see that than a perfectly clear case where you'll be able to see any and all manufacturing flaws or future scratches and scuffs.

And you wouldn't be able to stop yourself looking inside and asking "Does that say CPU...? or does it say GPU...? CPU...? or GPU...? GPU...? or CPU...? " and that could get a bit unhealthy.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

** UPDATE **

Ok, I should have the tools delivered to my injection molder this week, I hope. After they arrive I will be running test molds through them and will drop a photo on here of what they will look like. After this, I am asking that everyone who wants either the console or cartridges to pay within a 24-hour period because I will only be running these translucent components once before I start using the tooling/molds for their new purpose - teaser - http://www.twitter.com/retrovgs.

** UPDATE **

Ok, I should have the tools delivered to my injection molder this week, I hope. After they arrive I will be running test molds through them and will drop a photo on here of what they will look like. After this, I am asking that everyone who wants either the console or cartridges to pay within a 24-hour period because I will only be running these translucent components once before I start using the tooling/molds for their new purpose - teaser - http://www.twitter.com/retrovgs.

Hmm, I see a corner of a white jaguar case, but that's what was previously offered by the dental folks? Intrigued for what the "new purpose" might be.

Oh cool there is a console coming out that looks like the Jaguar, plays cartridges, and will play a bunch of new homebrews that are coming out currently? I think I've heard of that system, its called the ATARI JAGUAR.

:grin: (yes I still want my translucent case)

Edited by travistouchdown

Ok. Tooling should be delivered to its new home, an injection molding company here in So Cal. It should arrive tomorrow or Friday. I will then need to schedule with the mold shop to set up the tooling and start the runs. I will then post a photo of one of them as soon as we can. Maybe as early as Mon or Tues of next week. If not by then it would have to be the following week because I am heading to the Game Developers Convetion next Wed-Fri. But we are getting close! So just continue to watch this thread for news.

Also, we should have some official word up on ReadRETRO.com by day's end about the new console that will be the Jaguar repurposed, rebranded and reengineered.

Thanks guys!

Mike

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 3

Something I'd like to see once some shells are completed: details on assembly: is this going to be a straight-forward task for someone handy with a screwdriver?

Or will this be a "90% complete" item, where the buyer will be expected to do some drilling, soldering, or other assembly?

Something I'd like to see once some shells are completed: details on assembly: is this going to be a straight-forward task for someone handy with a screwdriver?

Or will this be a "90% complete" item, where the buyer will be expected to do some drilling, soldering, or other assembly?

I will include the top and bottom shell case + button, light pipe and spring. No fasteners. You guys will have to assemble. Also, you all might want to go follow our Facebook page to stay in the loop on the repurposing of the Jag as the RETRO VGS.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RETRO-VGS/783316545070951