Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:38 PM

This is probably why:

http://www.joystiq.c...mings-dreamcas/

#27 Hatta OFFLINE  

Hatta

Stargunner

• 1,342 posts

Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:48 PM

I can't put my hands on it at the moment, but do you remember a flying game with a city inside a mountain?

Crimson Skies?

#28 Nebulon OFFLINE  

Nebulon

Stargunner

• 1,927 posts

Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:06 PM

Gungriffon : Allied Strike  <-- a truly awesome Mech combat game with freakin' excellent kinetics.

#29 roryjr OFFLINE  

roryjr

Chopper Commander

• 236 posts

Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:13 PM

Crimson Skies?

Exactly.  Was it exclusive?

#30 Metal Jesus OFFLINE  

Metal Jesus

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,272 posts

Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:21 PM

Exactly.  Was it exclusive?

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge is exclusive to the XBOX and is a fantastic game! It's going to be in Part 2 of my video actually :)

#31 FastRobPlus OFFLINE  

FastRobPlus

Stargunner

• 1,617 posts
  • TheBitPlanes.com

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:31 PM

I second Fable, but I may be biased :)

Out of curiosity, have Battlefield Pizza Girl or the Kameo demos ever been leaked?

#32 Metal Jesus OFFLINE  

Metal Jesus

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,272 posts

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:49 AM

And...here is Part 2 of Original XBOX Exclusive Games:

Games Shown:

Steel Battalion
Shenmue II
Nightcaster
Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball
Sega GT 2002 / JetSet Radio Future
Kung Fu Chaos
Yager
Gunvalkyrie
AMF Bowling 2004
Burnout 2: Point of Impact Developer’s Cut
Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer
Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon
Star Wars: Obi-Wan
Fuzion Frenzy
Forza Motorsport
Tecmo Classic Arcade
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Blood Wake
Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller
Toxic Grind

#33 Lost Dragon OFFLINE  

Lost Dragon

River Patroller

• 3,828 posts

Posted Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:45 PM

I actually bought a copy of Bruce Lee on Xbox just to lend it to Opa-Opa for feature on his Weekend Gamer show, as he'd heard it was awful and wanted to see just how bad it was.

Amazed they screwed the rich potential of the game so badly.

Anywho, rather taken with Stubbs The Zombie at the moment.Owned for years, dipped into on/off, only now finding it a good laugh in short bursts.

Kung-Fu Chaos i also loved, nearest thing i'd played to DC Powerstone at the time.

Appreciate the vids, Metal.

#34 Unbeliever OFFLINE  

Unbeliever

Stargunner

• 1,485 posts
  • I don't believe in you....

Posted Wed Feb 4, 2015 8:19 AM

Thanks for the video!

#35 Asaki OFFLINE  

Asaki

River Patroller

• 2,369 posts

Posted Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:34 AM

The House of the Dead III

I have that game on the Wii, unless the XBox version is drastically different.

I've read about it and it sounds like an easy-ish solder job.

I had to do that with mine. I wouldn't call it "easy-ish"; the traces you have to solder to are incredibly tiny, but I managed it somehow.

I think a lot of the visuals look like ass today. There are exceptions of course, like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Kakuto Chojin, OutRun 2, Darkwatch, etc.

OutRun 2 looks (and plays) fantastic today, probably my favorite XBox game(s) (though not exclusive). I always wonder how the game would have been if it had been released on the DC.

#36 Nebulon OFFLINE  

Nebulon

Stargunner

• 1,927 posts

Posted Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:52 PM

I had to do that with mine. I wouldn't call it "easy-ish"; the traces you have to solder to are incredibly tiny, but I managed it somehow.

OutRun 2 looks (and plays) fantastic today, probably my favorite XBox game(s) (though not exclusive). I always wonder how the game would have been if it had been released on the DC.

That and both Burnout Revenge and Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Bucher Bay are seriously great-looking original XBOX games.

#37 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• 27,160 posts

Posted Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:32 PM

Technically Shenmue II was also released on the DC (Europe and Japan).  Not sure what the Xbox version added.

#38 Greg2600 OFFLINE  

Greg2600

River Patroller

• 3,139 posts

Posted Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:57 PM

Technically Shenmue II was also released on the DC (Europe and Japan).  Not sure what the Xbox version added.

For some reason "Shenmue fans" hate it.

#39 Asaki OFFLINE  

Asaki

River Patroller

• 2,369 posts

Posted Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:27 PM

XBox version has English voice acting.

There are hacks that add the voice acting into the DC version, but they had to chop out a lot of stuff to fit it (unless you're able to burn GD-ROMs).

#40 Major Havoc 2049 OFFLINE  

Major Havoc 2049

Dragonstomper

• 967 posts

Posted Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:10 PM

Another great series, Metal Jesus! :-D  :thumbsup:   I'm one of those Gunvalkyrie fanboys.  Gunvalkyrie is one of my favorite games of all time.  Smilebit was so money back in the day.

Unless you include the arcade version, Outrun 2 is exclusive to the Xbox.  Outrun 2006 was multi-platform.

The Xbox version actually has a bunch of enhancements over the DC version.  Sega and Microsoft (publisher) brought back the original DC English dub cast from Shenmue.  A camera/photo mode and photo scrap book was also added.  If you took photos of certain locations and characters, it unlocked manga style side stories on those characters and locations.  The DC version also had an unstable frame rate, but the XB version runs at a constant 30 fps.  The Xbox version also includes Shenmue: The Movie, which was only released in Japan.  The audio in the cuts scenes were also upgraded to Dolby Digital 5.1.  Shenmue II also utilizes the extra power of the Xbox and added anti-aliasing, upgraded water effects and bloom lighting. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Original XBOX, Xbox, Microsoft, Games, Exclusives, Metal Jesus

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users