IGNORED

Friday the 13th game

cimerians

• 2 months later...

Absolutely my favorite cheesybad horror franchise. I actually LIKE the NES game, which has a few minor annoyances but for the most part is pretty cool and ambitious given the limitations of the NES. I'll be keeping an eye on this one. It'll probably be one of those fun blast through in a few hours type games.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

They need 700K to do this cause they don't want censorship from a publisher etc. Adam Sessler is involved as well:

The physical copy is not $60 but $75. You get your name in the credits and some swag for the extra money.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/613356213/friday-the-13th-the-game?ref=category_newest

I don't normally Kickstart anymore but I think I trust them on this and I'm a fan so I pledged.

Looks pretty cool though it seems like it will be multiplayer focused unless their campaign becomes very successful. Scenarios would be cool with bots so you don't have to rely on people in order to enjoy the game. I'm surprised someone hasn't made a Half Life 2 mod or something before because I'm sure it would have been popular especially if there was a Michael Myers mode too. There's a game called Damned that is multiplayer only and inspired by horror movies where one person plays as the monster. The only reason I haven't bought it is because it's multiplayer only. If this comes out with a single player mode then I'd really be interested in it.

Im normally not a multiplayer guy but this 7 on 1 sounds cool. Sort of like Juggernaut in Halo, one of my favorite modes.

I too hope the single player stuff happens but it sounds like they have a good base plan if they only raise the base goal.

• 1 year later...

I'm not ashamed to say that I'm looking forward to this even if its awful:

So I got the code to download the DLC game, prior to receiving the physical copy and was able to play a game a few minutes ago.

You for one won't be ashamed cimerians. :lolblue:

If I had known this was one of those online only, Bullshit PvP games that relies on a large group of people, remaining in game till the end. (Which of course rarely happens) I wouldn't have given these people even .99. First impression...."Awful" is the key word for this drek.

• Like 1

So I got the code to download the DLC game, prior to receiving the physical copy and was able to play a game a few minutes ago.

You for one won't be ashamed cimerians. :lolblue:

If I had known this was one of those online only, Bullshit PvP games that relies on a large group of people, remaining in game till the end. (Which of course rarely happens) I wouldn't have given these people even .99. First impression...."Awful" is the key word for this drek.

Ohno! I just got my code last night....going to try it out and try not to vomit

It's basically a slower paced version of the game Evolved with Jason as the main protagonist. Evolved tanked for the same reason this will, you can't rely on real world players to FINISH A FUCKING GAME IF THEY ARE LOSING. Human nature I guess. It's not that the game itself is terrible, I felt real confusion and tension as a scared counselor playing out his role in this game, but many will experience the scenario i did, 20 minutes into a game, someone quits and it ends. I had to be one of the first people to play this game, and 5 games in, there were already complaints in the lobby about that. It's bullshit and it doesn't end, If I had known that was type of game they were setting out to make, I wouldn't have given them a penny.

• Like 2

It's basically a slower paced version of the game Evolved with Jason as the main protagonist. Evolved tanked for the same reason this will, you can't rely on real world players to FINISH A FUCKING GAME IF THEY ARE LOSING. Human nature I guess. It's not that the game itself is terrible, I felt real confusion and tension as a scared counselor playing out his role in this game, but many will experience the scenario i did, 20 minutes into a game, someone quits and it ends. I had to be one of the first people to play this game, and 5 games in, there were already complaints in the lobby about that. It's bullshit and it doesn't end, If I had known that was type of game they were setting out to make, I wouldn't have given them a penny.

I agree, I haven't been doing any kickstarter's for years because of this, was willing to take a risk because I want a Friday the 13th game..hopefully they add to it, like a campaign mode or something, until then Until Dawn is a nice substitute

Theyre suppose to patch the game later in the summer and add an offline campaign for people who want single player.

Where they give you missions as Jason and make the counselors as bots. This is what I was told by people on Twitter who have been following the game closely. Overall it sounds promising but I'm in the same boat as you guys...I won't touch this without a proper offline campaign. I've dealt with way too many ass hats online,my faith in playing a game around multi player is dead. LOL.

I agree, I haven't been doing any kickstarter's for years because of this, was willing to take a risk because I want a Friday the 13th game..hopefully they add to it, like a campaign mode or something, until then Until Dawn is a nice substitute

• Like 1

I remember reading the kickstarter and pretty much guessed this was the type of game they were making. To quote their own words on the kickstarter "Friday the 13th: The Game is a third-person, asymmetrical multiplayer title where one player controls Jason Voorhees while the remaining seven control camp counselors trying to survive the night.That's right...1v7 multiplayer set in the semi-open world of Camp Crystal Lake!"

Or did they add/change that description part way through the kickstarter?

So will the single player campaign be on the disc or just via dl?

I don't think they've said exactly when it was coming out. I've seen it noted that the Campaign will be out 3rd Q 2017. I know a physical version was an option for Kickstarter funders, but I've also read that they ran into issue with that. Truthfully, it wouldn't surprise me if neither materialize.

• Like 1

I don't think they've said exactly when it was coming out. I've seen it noted that the Campaign will be out 3rd Q 2017. I know a physical version was an option for Kickstarter funders, but I've also read that they ran into issue with that. Truthfully, it wouldn't surprise me if neither materialize.

If the campaign isn't on the disc I'm not buying it.

Or did they add/change that description part way through the kickstarter?

I'm not sure. What I do know is that pretty much every article I read about the game in the last year has said it's a multiplayer game. I never once got the idea it should have been single-player focused.

I'm not sure. What I do know is that pretty much every article I read about the game in the last year has said it's a multiplayer game. I never once got the idea it should have been single-player focused.

From what I recall early on the single player mode was a stretch goal, which I don't believe was actually met, but at some point during the fundraiser it was announced would be happening regardless.

From what I recall early on the single player mode was a stretch goal, which I don't believe was actually met, but at some point during the fundraiser it was announced would be happening regardless.

Based on earlier posts in the thread, it sounds like it still is, just at a later date.