IGNORED

Atari 7800 Pit Fighter: Hot or not?

Mister-VCS

Just wanted to say that I always felt that Pit Fighter is actually alright & pretty fun to play on the Genesis. They did a good job of making it as "complete" of an arcade translation as possible, given the limitations. It has the intro sequences, pretty descent animation, graphics, music, & sound effects, and tons of voice samples. The whole game is pretty much there and after playing it for awhile you get accustomed to it. It does play well and is just as enjoyable as the arcade version.

Granted, the arcade is the arcade, and is always superior. And also granted, not many people liked Pit Fighter anyhow; arcade or otherwise. But Genesis absolutely wins over SNES hands down on this one. I still play it on Genesis every so often as it is not only fun but very funny too. I love the voices and sound effects.

I also remember being so let down by the SNES version when it came out. Reason being, I just assumed it would be even better since it had more to work with. But of course, I was seriously let down. Same thing happened with Hard Drivin'. I enjoyed the Genesis version for a while when it came out and got used to it. Then saw Race Drivin' for the SNES and figured awesome! But again, was majorly disappointed and let down by what turned out to be a horrible and far worse version. And yeap, that was also handled by THQ. Go figure...