IGNORED

The Atari 7800 Game By Game Podcast

Let me know what you think when you play them again!

I played both of these with my Super twin 78, and I can say they look and play great. But I think that's mainly due to my svideo and awesome edladdin controller. I give Mario Bros a Solid. I like the homebrew version on the colecovision a bit more. Fight night was a Meh for me.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ep 22 of The Atari 7800 GBG Podcast covering Motor Psycho & Fatal Run is now on iTunes and YouTube.
The next ep will cover Tower Toppler and Alien Brigade.
You can also send any 7800 Christmas memories, if you got any.
If you send it by Dec 19 at 6pm EST, it should make the show.

Looks like I will have a huge ketchup segment for episode 24. HOW ARE YOU DOING ALL OF THIS?!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, I recently put Alien Brigade back in my 7800, and I have to say that it's a lot better than I remember it being. I'm waiting for my Edladdin adapter so I can play it with my Genesis gamepad. (It should arrive TODAY!)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Would have taken more of one if Phil had remembered my audio submission. :P ;)

Poor ol' Gramps.

I think the game awards you low (10?) points for shooting bottles right above Gramps as a deterrent to "camping out" on the spot where the bottles are initially released.

Wish they'd made Crime Buster for the 7800, that one seems to have potential. Same kind of game though.

& I dont recall if Dauber had the BB box, but on the back of it, the 2nd of 4 bullet points says "For use with Atari light gun". & I recall back in the Phil, Software Etc. had an Atari XE gun (or equivalent knockoff) pkged in styrofoam & shrinkwrapped for $25-$30. I got mine yrs back from Video61.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 2

Would have taken more of one if Phil had remembered my audio submission. :P ;)

It was a mutual agreement between ASTEHGBGPC and PFPC -- since you had an audio submission in our most recent episode, it would have made sense to have another of your audio submissions in another podcast that came out just a few days later. So as per the rules of the International Council on Video Gaming Podcasting, yours was dropped in favor of the podcast who pays more respect to Tinkle Pit. After all, too much Greg makes the baby go blind.

• Like 2

You have to love Atari's Barnyard Blaster blunder. You need an entirely different console(and just 1 part of that) to play it. But what if you left it at your ski home? Also, how many people in the 80s had an entirely separate home, JUST for skiing? I pondered this question while on my 800 foot yacht.

And we wonder why Atari is no more.

• Like 3