IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Oh my goodness they made a fanny pack for the GameBoy? That's awesome actually!

Party on, Space Cowboy.

They actually made a couple different ones. I went for the best padded though slightly less rad looking third party one from InterAct, but if you're not so concerned about padding then nothing says 90's quite like Nintendo's official offering:

ClCDvnM.jpg

They actually made a couple different ones. I went for the best padded though slightly less rad looking third party one from InterAct, but if you're not so concerned about padding then nothing says 90's quite like Nintendo's official offering:

ClCDvnM.jpg

I still have this one, and I still use it! I bought mine in the early 90's from Lechmere (a defunct electronics retailer in the Boston, MA area). It came in a bundle with the multiplayer adapter, a link cable, and F-1 Race. It currently houses my GB and GBC games.

Little package showed up at the door yesterday ;-) Having only recently jumped back on the 2600 wagon since the 80s ... and have gotten the 'must buy every local game available' bug out of my system :P .. I'm starting to pick and choose mostly class playing titles for now. Being from Oz .. all PAL.

In this case .. Defender II, Q-bert, Wizard of Wor, Ms. Pac-man, Crystal Castles, Dragster, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Dig Dug, Winter Games, California Games, Keystone Kapers.

post-52250-0-73584600-1493345242_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Forgot to post these earlier, but I got a few odds and ends of PS1 games: Soukaigi JP, Mobile Suit Gundam Version 2.0 JP, Off-World Extreme Interceptor US, and Ball Blazer Championship US.

I got both of the imports off of eBay at a decent price since I've been looking for more obscure games to play, and the two domestic games at the goodwill because they looked fun. I have no clue what either of the games play like or are about, I just thought the screenshots and advertisement blurbs were cool so I intend to try them when I have free time. :D

I bought this yesterday at Wally World for $19.96 (full price) simply due to the artwork and screen shots. Never heard of it before. It's a Dungeon Crawler type game with graphics that look like they could be from the TRON universe. Can't wait to install it and fire it up!

post-4026-0-96622600-1494045355_thumb.jpegpost-4026-0-01773300-1494045373_thumb.jpeg

I've been on a PC games purchase kick lately...mainly with Sierra titles I used to have back in the late 80s early 90s. But I've picked up a few other things as well. Will have to get a picture uploaded later to show.

I had some surprising luck today. Cassette deck was only $5, Voodoo 3 2000 (working!) was only 75 cents, and the PS1 game was $2. I do already have a Voodoo 3 with more features and higher power, but I'd like to have a secondary one as a backup in case mine dies.

C_fkEFtVYAAmd78.jpg

Edited by Noah120

Two separate purchases today; one was a big win, the other not so much.

I ebayed two Epyx 500XJ NES controllers for use with the Analog NT Mini (need a stick for the 2600/7800 games - the NES gamepad just doesn't feel right). I asked the guy before ordering if they worked - no dead buttons, no sticky buttons. Of course not! he said. They both work great! They arrived, and one has a sticky A button, the other one has a flaky B button. Back they go! Finding 100% working 500XJ NES controllers is a bit of a challenge - I'm currently 0/4.

On the other hand, there was a mystery box of Atari controllers that popped up on Varagesale today. I saw the usual suspects in the photo - paddles, a 5200 connector, a CX40. But I also spied what looked like a Competition Pro in there as well.

For $15 I figured I'd take a chance. Got home, dumped out the box... two pair of paddle controllers, a driving controller, two CX40s, two CX52s (broken, of course), and the real score - two working Competition Pro 5200 controllers! I'd say I came out ahead on that transaction. Makes up for the lame eBay seller.

Edited by Laner

!!!!!

Ok Jin, we need to know the full story behind this one.

lol You got it RJ! The story goes like this...

Last Thursday morning I had surgery to have a total thyroidectomy done, and I was stuck in the hospital for a day because of it. I got out of the hospital on Friday, came home, and slept for a good long while. When Saturday morning rolled around I decided I needed to get out of the house and stretch my legs for a bit so the misses, myself, and our housemate all took a trip out to the suburbs to browse around the local retro game stores.

At the first store we went to I asked if they had any Atari 7800 games and was told that all they had was Hat Trick, which I wasn't interested in. I did buy a copies of Venture and Frogger for the 2600 from them though, then we headed off to a couple other stores. But while in the car between stores I noticed that the copy of Frogger I bought had someone's initials scratched into the label, so after we hit up a few other stores I went back to the first store to see if I could exchange Frogger for a different game with a better condition label.

The store owner said sure, then mentioned that after I left they checked in back and found one other Atari 7800 game: Ninja Golf. My eyes perked up right away, since I had been looking for Ninja Golf for a long while, so I asked the store owner how much he wanted for it. He said that if I wanted to trade Frogger back to them towards Ninja Golf then $7.50 should be about right, since he knew that Ninja Golf was a pretty rare game.

I did my best to keep my complete and utter shock in check, said that his asking price was totally fine by me, then paid the $7.50 and walked out with my new copy of Ninja Golf. Since then I've played through and beaten Ninja Golf on Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulties and I'm totally thrilled to have this added this awesome game to my Atari 7800 library; and for an insanely good price no less. :)

• Like 1

Well thats funny b/c last time I was in that same store (according to your pic's receipt) I had a conversation about rare 7800 games with another fellow customer, he was near the counter/register, & I was by the door/Playstation games so we were basically talking the length of the store, so anyone in the place HAD to hear us- including the owner.

I mentioned I used to have some of the rarer 7800 titles- Ninja Golf, Commando, Alien Brigade, but since sold them years back. & Im pretty sure the other guy started rattling of what these titles are currently worth.

So the owner almost certainly knew what he had there...usually that place is too expensive for my tastes, but thats a damn good find.

Edited by RJ