IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

A pretty eclectic pickups assortment today!

8EYnnN3.jpg

And yeah, I know the Star Wars: Special Edition trilogy is the one that Lucas started screwing around with and making CGI additions to, but at $3 for a pretty mint condition boxed set I couldn't pass it up. :)

Best of all, this edition of Star Wars isn't called "A New Hope" :)

• Like 1

Best of all, this edition of Star Wars isn't called "A New Hope" :)

I watched all three movies over the last few days and the changes and CGI additions weren't nearly as bad as I was expecting, a few of them actually worked pretty well. I do prefer the original films and will be keeping an eye out for the unaltered 1995 VHS boxed set, but the Special Edition set was still Star Wars so it was still fun to watch. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

I watched all three movies over the last few days and the changes and CGI additions weren't nearly as bad as I was expecting, a few of them actually worked pretty well. I do prefer the original films and will be keeping an eye out for the unaltered 1995 VHS boxed set, but the Special Edition set was still Star Wars so it was still fun to watch. :)

There was a Blu-ray special edition release that had the original, unedited movies as bonus discs. This is the one to get. Looks beautiful! Now, I just have to get my copy back from a friend.

On another note, I still have to get the first No More Heroes (I have the second one)

-Allen

• Like 1

A few pickups for my Wii collection today!

umtdc5J.jpg

Need for Speed: Nitro and Trauma Center: Second Opinion were scores from a local game store for $3 and $5 respectively, and Reader Rabbit: 2nd Grade was generously donated to my collection by a fellow AtariAger. Now I just need to track down copies of Reader Rabbit: Preschool, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade to complete the set! :D

• Like 2

For Halloween I'm picking up all the obscure horror games for the Wii that aren't in my collection yet, and I scored two from GameStop today for $3 each. Against all odds, Radical Reggie was right. I played through Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai tonight and it was awesome! Hilariously well written dialog, a pretty spooky story, and fun gameplay that feels a lot like Uncharted. Highly recommended!

4nRTyQC.jpg

Edited by Jin
  • Like 2

I didn't buy today, but the last item got here yesterday.

A Dell 27" Monitor and a new Dell tower with an Intel i7 8700, 16GB RAM, SSHD primary drive, 2TB mechanical HD, optical drive and a 6GB Nvidia GTX 1060 video card.

The Bose speakers are still on the way, so until then I'm using that dorky little Bluetooth speaker in front of the monitor.

The Classic 99 TI-99/4A emulator runs quite smoothly on it!

post-35324-0-94518000-1538706459_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The Apple 2e is fully functional. Only missing one key. I have yet to test the two Disk II drives. Will clean and lubrificate them first. Of the two TI99, one's a dud and the other one is missing a key. But for $60Cdn I'm satisfied even if I hade to make a 650km round trip to get it.