Photo

What did you buy today?.........

1234 replies to this topic

#1226 Jin OFFLINE  

Jin

Solar Striker

• 3,219 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 1:44 AM

How's Mega Bomberman? I know it's good but what's like compared to the PC Engine/TG-16 and SNES/SFC versions?

I've only put a few hours into it and gotten through the first three worlds so far, but I really like it! The single player mode has got a lot of variety and the Louies are adorable as all get out. Unfortunately the only other Bomberman games I've ever played were the original on the NES and Bomberman 64, so I can't comment on how Mega Bomberman compares to the PC Engine and Super Famicom games, but I can tell you that it looks great and is a ton of fun to play! :)

#1227 Iwantgames:) OFFLINE  

Iwantgames:)

River Patroller

• 2,490 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 5:43 AM

Got this beauty in the mail yesterday :)

Attached Thumbnails

• KIMG1106.JPG
  • KIMG1108.JPG

#1228 DragonGrafx-16 OFFLINE  

DragonGrafx-16

Dragonstomper

• 536 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 4:40 PM

I've only put a few hours into it and gotten through the first three worlds so far, but I really like it! The single player mode has got a lot of variety and the Louies are adorable as all get out. Unfortunately the only other Bomberman games I've ever played were the original on the NES and Bomberman 64, so I can't comment on how Mega Bomberman compares to the PC Engine and Super Famicom games, but I can tell you that it looks great and is a ton of fun to play! :)

You really should grab Super Bomberman 1 and 2 on Super Famicom (not the overpriced SNES versions). They are fully in English and both cost $5 or less even shipped from Japan.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16, Wed May 8, 2019 4:41 PM.

#1229 Iwantgames:) OFFLINE  

Iwantgames:)

River Patroller

• 2,490 posts

Posted Fri May 10, 2019 11:10 AM

I got this 486 yesterday :) just needs a bit of whitening. I got a CRT coming but won't arrive till Monday

Attached Thumbnails

• KIMG1123.JPG
  • KIMG1124.JPG

#1230 Atari_Bill OFFLINE  

Atari_Bill

River Patroller

• 2,091 posts

Posted Sat May 18, 2019 11:19 AM

With the price of this one on the rise I was beginning to think Id never find an affordable copy. Finally hit a decent BIN. Very excited to get it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 5A8E8C57-3764-4A46-A2E5-388B2BCBA11E.jpeg

#1231 stupus OFFLINE  

stupus

River Patroller

• 2,217 posts
  • pixel obcessed yeti

Posted Sat May 18, 2019 7:03 PM

Congrats Bill!
That manual is very hard to find too!

#1232 Atari_Bill OFFLINE  

Atari_Bill

River Patroller

• 2,091 posts

Posted Sun May 19, 2019 7:08 AM

Congrats Bill!
That manual is very hard to find too!

Yeah, I was surprised to find an affordable cart, let alone with manual. These things are pricey anymore. You also have to watch out for so many fakes with these titles.

#1233 GoldLeader OFFLINE  

GoldLeader

River Patroller

• 2,655 posts

Posted Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 AM

For less than $5 on ebay, I got a game I've needed for years now.

I'll explain,  I used to own this game.  Stupid cover art, but Great Game!

It was 2002 when a girlfriend's 3 year old kid wrecked my copy of Super Bust A Move. I don't know what he did, but I found my game CD in 2 pieces...Needless to say he wasn't allowed to touch my video games after that.

When that relationship ended it was for the best, even if I was a bit depressed at the time...but I always wanted to get that game again!

Not sure what took me so long :D

$_12.JPG

• Jin likes this

#1234 Atari_Bill OFFLINE  

Atari_Bill

River Patroller

• 2,091 posts

Posted Tue May 21, 2019 6:58 PM

A pick up from this weekend at the Detroit Comic con. A business from Wisconsin was selling shadowboxes of all kinds of retro games. They all have a great 3D look with different levels of perspective. I had to pick up one of my favorites! Considering buying more they looked so nice.

Attached Thumbnails

• C8E03291-09ED-47C5-AFF6-8AFF393F3097.jpeg

#1235 DragonGrafx-16 OFFLINE  

DragonGrafx-16

Dragonstomper

• 536 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:56 PM

Nanostray-Nintendo-DS-Lite-DSi-XL-3DS-2D

Not the actual image but I picked this up at my local game store today...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users