Adventure Module adventure editor/creator

22 replies to this topic

#1 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• 1,030 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:31 AM

I thought there was a program out there a long time ago that let you either create new adventures for the Adventure module, or edit existing ones.  Does anyone have a disk image or link to it?  I can't seem to find it, even on WHTech.

Thanks!

#2 mizapf OFFLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 2,623 posts

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:14 AM

The Adventure Editor? Got it somewhere on my disks, but I have to look for it. I don't know whether there were more than one.

#3 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Dragonstomper

• 801 posts

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:21 AM

Check your incoming mail - just sent you a copy.

#4 rhcocker OFFLINE  

rhcocker

Moonsweeper

• 366 posts

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:48 AM

Check your incoming mail - just sent you a copy.

Ohh... Can I get one too?

#5 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,030 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:42 PM

Thanks!

#6 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• 1,958 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Sun Feb 8, 2015 10:09 PM

I finally got around to creating my first adventure late in 2014.  A simple riddle adventure game called 'The Locked Room'.  For as small as it is, it took me a while to get it all figured out.  I had to read the manual of course (most of us IT guys never read the manual) and after reading it and going back to other parts, it finally clicked.  The Locked Room can be found on the FTP site under my directory.  Give it a whirl..No treasures to find, just have to accomplish 3 simple tasks.

I plan on creating some more in-depth adventures with the Adventure Editor, but finding the time is another thing.

I actually have a small section on a review of the Adventure Editor in my upcoming newsletter.

#7 S1500 OFFLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 4,582 posts

Posted Sun Feb 8, 2015 11:21 PM

I had this editor when it first came out. Felt bad when I didn't make any full games out of it. Had a bug in my code, where there was a high random percentage you would get sent to a "prison cell" room. Never figured out why until later. Was my own fault. 

#8 etownandy OFFLINE  

etownandy

Chopper Commander

• 190 posts

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:12 PM

I found the TOD Editor online, but can't find the Adventure Editor.  I stumbled on this year-old post.  Anyone have a lead?

#9 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• 1,958 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:21 PM

I found the TOD Editor online, but can't find the Adventure Editor.  I stumbled on this year-old post.  Anyone have a lead?

Here you all go...

If you are using an emulator like Classic99 it can be mounted directly.

If you want to get it to your TI you will need to open the DSK file of course and copy the files out of it and convert to TIFILES headers before XFER to the TI.

If you have any questions on the programming let me know.  I can try to help.  I have written two adventure games with this editor.

It takes some getting used to for the code but once you have it down it's fairly easy.

I recommend mapping out everything before you start programming for Objects, Nouns, Verbs, locations, Flags, etc..

Attached Files

Edited by Cschneider, Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:35 PM.

#10 robbrouse OFFLINE  

robbrouse

Space Invader

• 13 posts

Posted Wed Jul 6, 2016 6:18 PM

I don't remember there being 3 disk.  Who is the maker of this one?

#11 etownandy OFFLINE  

etownandy

Chopper Commander

• 190 posts

Posted Fri Jul 8, 2016 1:42 PM

According to the pdf (and my own hazy memory), Tex-Comp sold this.

#12 adamantyr OFFLINE  

adamantyr

Stargunner

• 1,192 posts

Posted Fri Jul 8, 2016 1:53 PM

Yes indeed, Tex-Comp did sell the editor back in the days of catalogs... in fact, they were the only distributor of it. My understanding is that the actual editor was created by a fellow in Germany and Tex-Comp got exclusive rights to distribute the software.

And not to bring drama into it, but the owner of Tex-Comp (or one of them) was very, ahem, protective of his stuff and has attacked people in the past for posting it up for download. Enough that for a long time you couldn't find it openly available. I had my own run-in with the fellow some years ago on the Yahoo 99'ers group...

#13 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,235 posts

Posted Fri Jul 8, 2016 2:05 PM

I actually have the manual for it in German. . .as a set of A4 printed sheets bound together with string through the binder holes. I'd have to double-check, but I believe they were original direct prints on a dot matrix printer too.

#14 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• 1,958 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:35 PM

I don't remember there being 3 disk.  Who is the maker of this one?

TexComp

#15 robbrouse OFFLINE  

robbrouse

Space Invader

• 13 posts

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:14 PM

Very odd.  Mine is a solo disk.  Any idea what the other two are.  I have have a manual bounded together... 

#16 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,912 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:10 PM

I actually have the manual for it in German. . .as a set of A4 printed sheets bound together with string through the binder holes. I'd have to double-check, but I believe they were original direct prints on a dot matrix printer too.

I found this one in my piles :)

But I think this is different to yours ?

Attached File  IMG_8274-SMALL.jpg   71.96KB   3 downloads

#17 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,912 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:11 PM

...and i quickly made a PDF fromthis 2 disks (DOCS-1 and DOCS-2.dsk)

hope it is OK to do ?

Attached File  ADV-EDITOR-DOCS-1-2.pdf   169.34KB   22 downloads

#18 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,235 posts

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:24 PM

You have the same one I do, Schmitzi. Mine is just an original printout of the documentation. I believe my copy actually originated with Mr. Weiand. I was in indirect contact with him near the beginning of my time in Germany (through one of my friends that he knew).

Edited by Ksarul, Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:24 PM.

#19 mizapf OFFLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 2,623 posts

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:10 PM

For completeness' sake, I've got one of them, too. On the first page after the cardboard cover I found a handwritten text: "#D003/0985"

#20 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,912 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:19 PM

Maybe my one is a copy, don´t know. Found something like "Rev.0" and loose corrections as inlay....

And I found my original "DiskInfo" from Christopher Winter, "#0009"

#21 FSword7 OFFLINE  

FSword7

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:48 PM

Finally! I now found Adventure Editor on this forum! I was looking for it very long time! I downloaded them into my system. Thanks!

#22 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• 1,958 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Fri Dec 1, 2017 2:41 PM

Finally! I now found Adventure Editor on this forum! I was looking for it very long time! I downloaded them into my system. Thanks!

I purchased it when it was new and finally got around to figuring it out a couple of years ago.  Once you have the APL figured out it all falls in place.  It took a bit for it to click with me.  I recommend starting out with a very small adventure to get your brain wrapped around the syntax.  Then when you move to a bigger one map it all out first with rooms, objects, treasures, secrets, etc..

You can download mine from the FTP site.

#23 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• 789 posts
  • Status? I don't need no stinkin' status!

Posted Tue Dec 5, 2017 7:17 AM

Uploaded a pdf - Adventure Editor Supplement. It is in the DISK DOC TO PDF thread.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users