IGNORED

In the words of Homer J Simpson.... DoH!

CyranoJ

• 2 weeks later...

It's good, spinner control is sublime, locked to 50/60Hz as the original - excellent... but... can we have spinner fine-tune on the keypad or something? I'm not 100% happy with the speed of the bat movement with the CR.

Seems the rotary was working with before the fine tuning option was added. I tried that one and might be the rotary type I have (which works best at around 1 or 2 on Kobiashi Maru) but barely clicks along.

Will try the previous rotary and the jagpad version.

Let's see the low rotary version was spot on but not QUITE fast enough.

The medium rotary version was too fast and jittery.

The Jag Pad version was basically spot on for D-Pad, but I version didn't get the refinements of things like the opening screen like the later rotary versions got.

But cool. Almost made it past the first level with the Jag-pad version.

Let's see the low rotary version was spot on but not QUITE fast enough.

The medium rotary version was too fast and jittery.

The Jag Pad version was basically spot on for D-Pad, but I version didn't get the refinements of things like the opening screen like the later rotary versions got.

But cool. Almost made it past the first level with the Jag-pad version.

Remember, Doc, some of those older versions were running way too fast. The game was designed to run at 50Hz, if you're using the older builds they'll be too fast for a start. Add in 60Hz refresh and it becomes sort of unplayable, at least not the fun it should be.

• Like 1

I tried the last version here (usually the most refined and also with the option to change sensibility here) but Ï found out, that it would not want to work with my rotary (nick persjin rotary). I could not move the paddle to the left and to the right it would move but not how it should. I tries keypad 1 and 3 but it would not change anything about the odd behaviour. Just for the information, the rotary worked flawless with tempest. Will have to try Kobayashi Mary one of these days.

Yeah that is just fine for me just thought I would share my experience. And anyway I would take IK+ over arkanoid anyday.:-) (Have some very nice memories with international karate. A neigbhour came over with his IK disk for our Commodore 64 and then when he left, we would leave the machine running so we could play the game on for hours. Haha never occured to me as a kid, that we could copy the game maybe or something but that was special. ;-))

• Like 1

• 8 years later...