IGNORED

Kings Quest is back! And... so is Sierra!

82-T/A

Haha - I can see a new Police Quest of today...

Cameras on each officer to protect yourself from the likes of DA's and criminal activists (redundant) will be the latest thing. Pop up vids showing what *really* happens when officers confront antagonists. Until then and all the while, avoiding high crime neighborhoods because you won't want your game to stall as you muddle through the mire that is the political red tape of law enforcement today. Sounds like a horse shit game to me! ;)

Haha - I can see a new Police Quest of today...

Cameras on each officer to protect yourself from the likes of DA's and criminal activists (redundant) will be the latest thing. Pop up vids showing what *really* happens when officers confront antagonists. Until then and all the while, avoiding high crime neighborhoods because you won't want your game to stall as you muddle through the mire that is the political red tape of law enforcement today. Sounds like a horse shit game to me! ;)

Hahah... when you put it that way. Maybe half your time could be spent filling out forms and going to court only for the defendant to get off each time on a technicality, no matter what you do!

I don't seem to recall the older King's Quest games looking so much like action platformers.

They weren't. They were like most of the rest of the classic Sierra games (Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest, etc.) that had you trudging through screens and screens of nothingness sometimes. Least that's how I remember them. :lol:

I don't seem to recall the older King's Quest games looking so much like action platformers.

There's a fine line. Only old farts who rarely have the time to play games anymore would buy a game like the original King's Quest.

KQ was somewhat of a platformer in many instances, but typically you had to ASK it to do it... like.. "JUMP OVER BOULDERS."

...and then it would do that for you....

I think they did a good job trying to capture that feeling, but still making it desireable to new kids.

space quest and leisure suite larry was my best

until the point and click i lost interest in those game i dont remember if it was the point and click or the story line but for sure ill give a try to the new king quest when he come out

Me too... it's a big undertaking for them to restart that brand (Sierra) and even put in the resources to get Kings Quest going again. Honestly, Kings Quest was my least favorite among the quest games (except KQ3 was awesome)... but I'll still buy it.

Ex-sierra and fans have carried the torch for a while now:

Leisure Suit Larry kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leisuresuitlarry/make-leisure-suit-larry-come-again

The two guys that did Spacequest had a successful kickstarter (I'm a backer on that one).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaceventure/two-guys-spaceventure-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/1097304?ref=backer_project_update

The awesome people at AGD have done King's Quest and QFG remakes for over a decade now.

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/kq3/about/overview.html

As long as Activision leaves these people alone then I don't mind them trying to 'resurrect Sierra' and King's Quest.

Looks like they asked The Odd Gentlemen to make King's Quest (a so called "indie" group now under a publisher umbrella for this game). We'll see how it turns out.

I'll be watching this closely. The old point and click adventures are a genre I had hoped would make a comeback. I realize it won't be exactly like that anymore as the current crop of ADHD gamers wouldn't play anything so slow and cerebral but I hope it's not just some lame platformer disguised as a traditional adventure game.

I'll be watching this closely. The old point and click adventures are a genre I had hoped would make a comeback. I realize it won't be exactly like that anymore as the current crop of ADHD gamers wouldn't play anything so slow and cerebral but I hope it's not just some lame platformer disguised as a traditional adventure game.

I remember enjoying the classic Sierra games at my friend's house, but if a new version is to be released that stays true to the originals but hopes to hold appeal beyond simple "nostalgia", then I'm not sure what that product would look like. Back in the 80s, the "slow" aspect that you mentioned was more than redeemed by means of graphics and colourful worlds that could be explored. Nowadays, graphics and open worlds are run-of-the-mill.

I used play Civil War Generals quite a bit. I don't even know if they make strategy games like that anymore. Top down, turn based just like a board game.

I was a big fan of CWG 2 -- which I think is a superior game. One of my favorite strategy games set in the Civil War. There was supposed to be a third game in the series but it got canceled.

Ex-sierra and fans have carried the torch for a while now:

Leisure Suit Larry kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leisuresuitlarry/make-leisure-suit-larry-come-again

The two guys that did Spacequest had a successful kickstarter (I'm a backer on that one).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaceventure/two-guys-spaceventure-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/1097304?ref=backer_project_update

The awesome people at AGD have done King's Quest and QFG remakes for over a decade now.

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/kq3/about/overview.html

As long as Activision leaves these people alone then I don't mind them trying to 'resurrect Sierra' and King's Quest.

Looks like they asked The Odd Gentlemen to make King's Quest (a so called "indie" group now under a publisher umbrella for this game). We'll see how it turns out.

Actually, I totally forgot about the Space Quest one...

I think I even gave $15 bucks towards it, but can't remember to be sure.

The two guys from Andromeda definitely made up what was so great about the Space Quest games... but... there's just something different about fan reproductions than originals.

I'm working with another guy right now to TRY to start up and write Starflight 3. It's the third or fourth restart / failure (if you will).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The trailer is, as they always are, very flashy and exciting. I'm divided on this one, I like the idea of King's Quest returning, as playing King's Quest with my dad is my earliest gaming memory. So while I'm reticent to see them take a new direction with the game, I think if they handle it well it could be a great reboot to the series. On the other hand, if they ham-handed it and made a generic action-platformer I would be bummed out.