IGNORED

So any idea what this might be?

PeBo

Here's an ebay auction.

Yes, I know it's a 99/4A (duh!) but the seller states that it includes a homebrew toggle on the left side. (see attached thumb).

I'm thinking of buying this console as a test bed unit (Canadian seller = nearly free shipping and no import fees!) but would like to know what Frankenwork might have been done to it, before I...well before I do some Frankenwork to it.

Any ideas about what this toggle might have been installed for? It's nowhere near the motherboard....could it be a alpha lock toggle?

post-40994-0-28804000-1421616739_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeBo

Since this topic already asks the question "What is it?" I figured I'd post it here.

Yet another item dug up from going thru my cart pile. The device below I acquired from a former member of the VAST Users Group here in Phoenix, J.R. Klabunde. Jan was an exceedingly intelligent individual and usually spoke way above my level of understanding. He even wrote an article or two for the defunct Arizona 99 UG - which really wasn't a users group but a private business of sorts that sold newsletters and other TI stuff. You can read one of Jans articles on the WHT, under Arizona users group Feb-Mar 1984 - "The Secret Assembler"

Anyway, I got this thing from Jan and I thought it was a non battery backed supercart, but I'll be damned if I can remember. The SPDT switch is toast so I'll have to replace it. Anybody have any ideas on this thingie?

conTInuing,

-Ralph...

post-39776-0-63083700-1421791000_thumb.jpg

post-39776-0-32983700-1421791020_thumb.jpg

post-39776-0-14235900-1421791038_thumb.jpg

post-39776-0-04648500-1421791055_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

it looks too wide to fit in the cart port. Looks like it sits on the side port. My guess is a simple 32k.

4 x Hitachi HM6116LP-3, so definitely a RAM expansion of some design.

If this one fits on the side port, we could do with someone re-engineering and selling something like this via AtariAge as a companion for the new multi-carts. Needing a PEB/nanoPEB plugged in just to use them can be a PITA when your Ti-99 isn't permanently set up.

it looks too wide to fit in the cart port. Looks like it sits on the side port. My guess is a simple 32k.

I think you might be misjudging the scale. This thing has 18 fingers on the connector (like the cartridge port), the side port needs 22.

*edit* per side, that is...

Edited by TheMole
  • Like 1

Maybe it transforms the TI into a Commodore 64.

In the Swedish children's TV series Kenny Starfighter (1997), the hero had a TI-99/4A that when he powered it on, was greeted with a Commodore 64 display, of course in some made-up computer system that was not supposed to be either, but it baffled me about who had casted the show must have come across a TI, thought it looked niftier on TV than a C64 but the pretended super computer was easier to do with C64 style graphics.