IGNORED

Weird color issues with Atari 2600 Jr.

moodorf

For some weird reason I keep having a very specific very strange color issue with my recently-acquired Atari 2600. For some reason distortions in greens and brown colors are appearing. for example 2wohwgj.jpgfor some weird reason the alligator in Frogger is shit brown. hmmmm......

also in Robot tank......

esw8kk.jpg

it looks like I'm driving around in a muddy field....wtf....

There are a couple other games that this thing affects from time to time, but it only seems to affect the colors in games that contain a very specific color of green....

I'm not sure if it's just that my TV is getting old--cause it is a bit old--or if it's something else. Anyone experienced anything like this? I'm using the RF switchbox that came with it.

Usually very dark green becomes brown with RF, from my experience. NES's dark green do become brown. If you have Milon's Secret Castle, or Gauntlet. The background tiles in the first room in Milon's Secret Castle is brown on screen, but in emulator, it shows dark green. And the chest in Gauntlet are dark green, but display in brown color. Similar with the Colecovision, when pink is orange,dark red is more brownish on CRT TV. The colors are formed by voltage of the TV beam if I understood correctly.