IGNORED

Reds1F14 and Kratters31 are no more

peteym5

I wish to start to by apologizing for using fake accounts of Reds1F14 and KRATTERS31 on the Atariage forum. I am asking the administrator to delete these accounts because the attached email account has also been deleted. I hope I do not have to take up such matters in the future.

So I had been caught and had to disavow any knowledge of my activities. The email accounts will self destruct in 5 seconds.

Lets say I made a bad choice because of being bashed around of some threads for games I worked on. Some members kept rehashing the "Digital Downloads" thing many times over and we kept telling no. The game being sold on cartridge was the choice we made a long time ago. I know some times things get heated here and I sometimes want to tell some members what to go do with themselves. However I am going to try to be a better business person and try to keep things in a positive light.

If you remember the history of what happen last year of a game called Centron 3D, certain members on here were getting on there and really bashing the programmer around. All he was doing was just telling people about a new game he is about to release on disk. They were calling his stuff vaporware or the game did not exist. He got upset in response and the thread ended up being locked.

I do enjoy making these Atari 8-bit games for people to enjoy. You cannot call our stuff vaporware, our programs are already out there.

Edited by peteofborg
  • Like 2

I wonder why people feel bashed when they hear barking?

But, it is really not funny, to put several accounts on one forum... It's one way how to manipulate others.

Account a: I have to sell the best game for only 50 Bucks

Account b: Yeah, I bought the game and it's the best, I played yet

Account c: Truely worth the money

Innocent people would think, some customers may be satisfied and buy the game....

And about Centron 3D. The "Amiga" Version of that game points actually to "vapor" ware on the A8. It's that bad even by AGA usage. How would they have managed it on the A8?

• Like 2

Lets say I made a bad choice because of being bashed around of some threads for games I worked on. Some members kept rehashing the "Digital Downloads" thing many times over and we kept telling no. The game being sold on cartridge was the choice we made a long time ago. I know some times things get heated here and I sometimes want to tell some members what to go do with themselves. However I am going to try to be a better business person and try to keep things in a positive light.

It's good that you're being honest and are quite openly asking for accounts to be deleted.

As for digital downloads, a lot of people accept your position. Although we all *want* everything free, you also have the right to charge. I believe that even some of your critics say the same, but are just a bit disappointed.

And anyway, if you create a game which is a port from another system, we all have the right to also port the game and then give it away for free! :) (not that I think anyone will bother!)

Good luck.

Sigh Pete...

Now you really force me to respond again.

I don't know how many times I have to write this again, but here I go again. I was not bashing you at all. You were the one that did play a really questionable game with me.

Indeed I asked a for download version, and indeed I repeated that. But I had a good reason. The first reason was that you and Lance gave me the idea there was a chance, since you were all pointing to eachother (Lance actually emailed me that he couldn't do it, because the other members (you and kjmann) would have to agree about it too; you were writing in PM something like that too (you were not the only one to make a decision or something like that). So that made already two people pointing to eachother.

The only person -indeed- was clear about this from the beginning was KJMANN. But IMHO he has not the right to speak, because he is the one that made money with carts (games) he not even created himself.

Another reason I kept asking for the download was that I heard (from people I trust and know) that there were issues with venture in PAL land. I was seriously interested in the game, but I did not want to buy a game with very expensive (and not reliable) shipping, that was already proven buggy. First you stated there were no bugs at all (since you did not get any complaint about it). You increased my worries because you wrote that you did not test PAL games very well on real hardware, but only on emulator.

So my second reason to have a download: it would be easier to update, and it would save me a lot of shipping costs. This reason was completely ignored by you and your friends. You kept repeating that the game was tested a lot, and a few other things.

Then the discussion get more dirty. You started to use a fake account, you started to say very unkind things about people being pirates. You apologized then about the Piracy comment, and the fake account.

Then you (this is the game you played with me) started to give me the idea to let met beta test the game. I had to give you some kind of references, which I actually did. I played your game, since I still trusted you. And although you don't believe that, I am an honest and kind person, that wants to help people improving their stuff.

I was willing to pay you the full money for a download version. I was willing to sign official document that I would NEVER share the game in ANY form. I was willing to beta test your game and give you a very detailed report.

And then there was the BIG NO from kjmann. When I responded about that in the thread, there was suddenly your fake account to tell me what a jerk I was etc.

The reason I respond again, is because you again give people here the idea that you were FORCED to use FAKE ACCOUNTS because people were bashing you.

I haven't seen a lot of people that did agree with your statements, and I haven't seen a lot of bashing, except from your side and from KJMANN.

All the time I have been repeating that I do respect your work, and that in my eyes you are a good guy, but a victim of the 'group' you linked yourself to.

No bashing at all. There was a serious discussion yes. And indeed sometimes things got heated up yes. But I always motivated the reasons I posted, and I always simply responded to things you were posting (which were most of the time ignoring my serious motivations).

I hope you have the guts to read my post, and will try to understand my point of view. Perhaps when you put yourself in my shoes, you might understand that I have some reasons to be at least a little bit pissed of by YOUR attitude.

Like I told you in another thread, I'm not bugging you ever again. I don't consider this post as bugging you, but as a chance to explain you why things went the way they went.

Greetz

M.

It's good that you're being honest and are quite openly asking for accounts to be deleted.

As for digital downloads, a lot of people accept your position. Although we all *want* everything free, you also have the right to charge. I believe that even some of your critics say the same, but are just a bit disappointed.

And anyway, if you create a game which is a port from another system, we all have the right to also port the game and then give it away for free! :) (not that I think anyone will bother!)

Good luck.

The point is I never asked for something to be free. I was willing to pay the FULL money for less product (no cart, no box or whatever).

And I wanted a product that could be easily updated, because it was known BUGGY.

The point is I never asked for something to be free. I was willing to pay the FULL money for less product (no cart, no box or whatever).

And I wanted a product that could be easily updated, because it was known BUGGY.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you in my comment, just the general gist that was going on at the time.

• Like 1

The shit-bagging that went on over Centron3D was 100% deserved.

He carried on as if he was the only person in the world developing for Atari, he treated people here as if they were just dipshit collectors with little technical knowledge.

He made claims about his graphical mode and I and others uncovered the truth and revealed it not to be the marvel some thought it to be.

Bottom line - we called him on his bullshit and he just went psychotic about it. The Atari scene is better off without him.

• Like 3

A lot of people didn't want the games for free and were looking to pay for digital downloads in the same way they can for the C64, Spectrum and indeed other platforms which, in this age of emulators and flash cartridges, is a reasonable request. Refusing that request is fair enough as well, but when your given reason essentially comes across as "no because you're all filthy pirates" (i'm paraphrasing somewhat, obviously) it's going to upset people.

RPC Games' attitude towards their potential customers was what caused the negative response, so not even producing YouTube videos of a working game when it was supposedly close to completion was just icing on the cake.

• Like 1

A personalised copy (download) prevents also that people buy a cart dump it for own use and then sell the cart on ebay ehile they keep their own dump.

Just a warning.

my comment here is not bashing but a contribution to this subject. You can take your benefit.

Lets not turn this into something other than pete apologizing for using multiple accounts. No names were called out or finger pointing done. The digital download discussion is a non-starter with Petes games at this time - there are numerous other threads where this has been discussed and can be rehashed there.

• Like 2

Bollocks. No fingers pointed? He just directly pointed the finger at critics of the Centron 3D debacle, and I was among them. Not much of an apology, then. More like a feeble attempt to justify flouting forum rules. Presumably RPC's disgraced chief exec has become a martyr figure for those determined to follow in his footsteps.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 2

Pete, do not use the digital downloads as an excuse for your behaviour, your partner Sal was an absolute a$$hole in his treatment of people and you have not shall we say been sin free so please do not use what was primarily seen as MY beef re the digital downloads, as I said then and now, digital downloads have proved to have been a very good way to distribute software on various platforms while still earning the programmers money.

To take that and then accuse pretty much all of us of being possible pirates was your choice, you created the shit storm so please don't hide behind the digital download banner as why you created fake accounts.

As for Centron, if you wish to use him as your pin up boy then its no wonder you got so much grief, Pete and his various created guises (oh, you copied that to, copied, NOT PIRATED mind!) caused the crap he got, if you cannot see that then you are potentially as deluded as he was.

You started off with an apology which was appreciated and then started went back to trying to stick it to people..Clever...NOT..

• Like 2

Lets not turn this into something other than pete apologizing for using multiple accounts. No names were called out or finger pointing done. The digital download discussion is a non-starter with Petes games at this time - there are numerous other threads where this has been discussed and can be rehashed there.

Can be... but he justifies his own behavior. When I read his startpost very well, It is just like he hadn't a choice. And because of what? Because people were bashing him?

My responses are very ontopic in that light.

There will be no further comments from me on this thread. I apologized for using multiple accounts and now the accounts are banned on AtariAge. I am trying to get my original account restored. There will not be any digitial or pay per download copies of my Atari 8-bit games.

Appears to be some profanity and name calling continuing into this thread, and I am reporting it to the moderators. I am not going to dragged down to their level by quoting their comments.

Appears to be some profanity and name calling continuing into this thread, and I am reporting it to the moderators. I am not going to dragged down to their level by quoting their comments.

Ah, so it's come full circle and now you're the keeper of AtariAge's purity.

If anyone wants guaranteed cash for 8-bit development then do a Kickstarter or something. Don't become Mr. PSA on the forums. It won't win you any new fans. Personally, I sold carts to people who wanted the physical object and released the file to everyone else. I'm happier letting people actually play my game.

• Like 1

Never called you a thing Pete and I didn't ask for digital downloads either, at least get it right before trying to get me banned..

As I've said to you in private, I wish you all the best and you have every right to voice about Atari stuff on here but please don't call people pirates when you have no proof and even worse had had orders for your games from them.

Just keep doing what you do best and make the games and leave the muddled PR to someone else..

Thank you...

• Like 1