IGNORED

NEW Super Sketch peripheral

goldenrod

The controller is hardwired to the cartridge, so there is no easy way to make new games/apps for use with the Sketch Pad. Also, these things are so rare and valuable that no one is going to separate the Sketch Pad from the Super Sketch cartridge... that would be roughly a $500 to $1000 mistake depending on if you have one loose or CIB.

The only viable option would be for support to be added to one of the ColecoVision or ADAM emulators and then someone could develop a new game/app for use with it and sell the rom image.

I used a supersketch 32 years ago when a friend had one. It was quite amazing at the time but even then I couldn't believe you couldn't save the picture you just spent forever drawing.

I see it as a mouse device.

I would think a hack of the supersketch software might be good so:

1) you could save the damn picture when you are done

2) use it with the roller controller which is a similar pointing device that is much more common

The controller is hardwired to the cartridge, so there is no easy way to make new games/apps for use with the Sketch Pad. Also, these things are so rare and valuable that no one is going to separate the Sketch Pad from the Super Sketch cartridge... that would be roughly a $500 to $1000 mistake depending on if you have one loose or CIB.

The only viable option would be for support to be added to one of the ColecoVision or ADAM emulators and then someone could develop a new game/app for use with it and sell the rom image.

Ah...there you go -thanks. I know so little about the Super Sketch that I had no idea it was hard wired to the cart. It would be quite an endeavor but I wonder if there's a way to make a new Super Sketch device hardwired to a cart, which could piggyback additional carts onto it -like a cart that plugs onto another cart- to play additional games. The peripheral and drivers would be in the main cart and the separate games would connect through it. I'm CERTAIN it would not be financially feasible but one can dream, can't they?! :)

A pass-thru cart that the Sketch Pad would attach to would have been the ideal setup and then Practical Peripherals could have released Sketch Master on a separate cart as well as left themselves the option to develop other apps/games for use with the Sketch Pad. As it stands, it's just a novelty item that is very sought after by collectors and will never be anything more.

Funny thing is in the retrogaming community, sometime dreams do come true so you can never say never.

Ah...there you go -thanks. I know so little about the Super Sketch that I had no idea it was hard wired to the cart. It would be quite an endeavor but I wonder if there's a way to make a new Super Sketch device hardwired to a cart, which could piggyback additional carts onto it -like a cart that plugs onto another cart- to play additional games. The peripheral and drivers would be in the main cart and the separate games would connect through it. I'm CERTAIN it would not be financially feasible but one can dream, can't they?! :)

That's a great idea. Anyone have one to lend out?

Nope, but I'll sell you my CIB for $750 and then you can butcher it up however you want!!!

Deal.

What's your paypal?

And then the box & instructions manual would be available for sale to whomever here offers the most so I can get a "rebate".

I just need/want the loose cart. My intention is to open it up and install a female connector on the cart, and a male plug on the sketch pad cable.

(like say the style used by headphones) and then that way it will be a quick-disconnect style and the cart will be "normal" so I can add it to my collection.

In the process of doing this, I will be more then happy to contribute to this project by dumping the rom data, helping with testing, etc.

Um, ah, hmm, $750, well, hum, $750, nah, maybe, $750, can't - won't - should, $750, don't, won't, $750, hold, stop, $750!!! ... I.... just....can't....sell...it, $750, REALLY?, so tempting to accept, damn... wish I had two.

BTW, the cartridge has been dumped as the rom image is widely available.

• 1 year later...