Photo

New Atari 8-bit scans and video

60 replies to this topic

#51 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 3,958 posts

Posted Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:35 PM

Kiss was on cartridge and MAE was on disk yes or no? never mind it's probably in the scans...

it is and wow...

There is quite a list of places that had the software and cartridges so would it sounds possible to find them again... You've seen the stuff turn up before.. and if you do contact people and explain the whole history/archival importance you, will probably be successful chasing it down in the end...

Edited by _The Doctor__, Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:40 PM.

#52 MrFish OFFLINE  

MrFish

River Patroller

• 4,771 posts

Posted Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:40 PM

Yes, you can get info on all their stuff here: Atarimania - Eastern House

#53 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 3,958 posts

Posted Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:51 PM

someone posted some tapes in the other thread

#54 MrFish OFFLINE  

MrFish

River Patroller

• 4,771 posts

Posted Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:03 PM

Yep (all noted on Atarimania), I'm the one that bumped that thread bro; I'd like to see those puppies preserved.

#55 Savetz OFFLINE  

Savetz

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 944 posts

Posted Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:32 PM

I am working to find dissertations and theses that involve Atari computers.

Here's what I have so far:

An Infrared Link Between Two Computers (Atari 800) with code. Interview coming.

Introduction To BASIC Programming: A Student Workbook For The Atari it's basically a primer on Atari BASIC

Teaching Of Computer Literacy Through The Use Of ATARI PILOT basically a primer on Atari PILOT

Array Representation Methods In APL interpreter (on Atari 800) I don't understand this, but lots of assembly code!

Computer Generated Surface Design And Structural Weave describes Macomber weaving software that I did an interview about. 

Color Vision Tests Calibrated Color Monitor and Microcomputer includes some BASIC code for color vision testing.

6502 related stuff that's not Atari-specific:

A Multi Tasking Operating System For Microcomputers he wrote an OS called QUAD3 that you've never heard of

An SLA Realization Of The 6502 Microprocessor

Purchase Of Home Computers: Children's Participation In The Decision Process And Families' Subsequent Product Satisfaction

More to come, I think.

#56 Savetz OFFLINE  

Savetz

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 944 posts

Posted Mon Mar 5, 2018 7:43 PM

Another great scan has come from Harry Stewart:

Atari 810 Disk Peripheral Device Description dated 12/15/80.  Harry Stewart is the author of this document. 

Get it from https://archive.org/...viceDescription

Screenshot 2018-03-05 at 5.41.44 PM.png

#57 Savetz OFFLINE  

Savetz

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 944 posts

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:04 PM

Another scan from your friend and mine, Harry Stewart:

Atari Speech Handler External Reference Specification, for using Votrax SC-01 speech synthesis chip in Atari 1400XL and Atari 1450XLD computers. 1983. 

#58 Savetz OFFLINE  

Savetz

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 944 posts

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:48 PM

More great stuff from Harry!

Presenting The Atari 1200

Harry Stewart told me: "Here is the outline for an internal presentation of the Atari 1200 to ???   The first two pages are the outline of the entire presentation, and the following pages contain the material that I presented.  From the looks of the material the audience must have been technical, rather than management.  The presenters were Paul Laughton, Scott Scheiman, and myself."

Functional Requirement Specification for a DOS 3 Disk Cleanup Utility.

Harry Stewart told me: "Here is a scan of a study regarding the possible addition of CP/M compatibility to Atari machines.  I don’t know/remember if there is a relationship between this and the later Sweet Pea development."

"Back in the day I wrote a demo program for Atari PILOT that I called Hollywood Squares.  It drew random size squares, at random locations, using random colors, and came up with some stunning combinations occasionally.  I don’t have a copy of the original, but I did try to recreate it last year from memory.  I have attached the program listing, a sample screen shot, and an .atr file that includes the program file, which is named TEMP4."

#59 Savetz OFFLINE  

Savetz

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 944 posts

Posted Thu May 17, 2018 6:28 PM

Here's the source code for Buck Rogers, from our new old friend Charlie Kulas. Who's going to be the hero to convert it to text?

Someone please check my work. make sure everything is legible. This is going to a museum soonish, so I want to be sure the scans are right while I have access.

Attached File  Buck Rogers.pdf   41.03MB   16 downloads

Screenshot 2018-05-17 at 5.26.03 PM.png

(I will also upload this to Internet Archive, but am having technical issues at the moment.)

#60 Savetz OFFLINE  

Savetz

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 944 posts

Posted Thu May 17, 2018 6:31 PM

Here's the source code for Up'N Down, from Charlie Kulas. I believe this is a pre-production version of the game. I have a later version as well, which I haven't scanned yet.

Who's going to be the hero to convert it to text?

Someone please check my work. make sure everything is legible. This is going to a museum soonish, so I want to be sure the scans are right while I have access.

Attached File  UpNDown.pdf   32.1MB   13 downloads

Screenshot 2018-05-17 at 5.30.15 PM.png

(I will also upload this to Internet Archive, but am having technical issues at the moment.)

#61 Bill Lange OFFLINE  

Bill Lange

Dragonstomper

• 885 posts

Posted Thu May 17, 2018 8:14 PM

I uploaded the following manuals to the Internet Archive today:

The Newsroom Clipart Volume 1

The Newsroom Clipart Volume 2

The Newsroom Clipart Volume 3

The Newsroom In Detail - The Complete Guide To Creating A Newspaper

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users