IGNORED

List of games that don't work on the ATGames Genesis Ultimate portable

Inky

Man, I haven't looked at much on the ATGames portable for a while. I was bedridden for a few months a while back, and bored out of my skull. Now I'm back to work. Still bored, but no time now. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me the pin-out for the A/V TV out Jack? I want to make my own cable for a few bucks, but not sure which is video, ground and audio. Thanks!

Nevermind, I just found out you can use a standard stereo headphone jack to RCA and it works fine. Video quality is not great on my TV, and I think there is a slight delay on the controls. Still a pretty nifty device.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

i just got one of the ebay sd card gopher units and it is not very good compared to my retrogen which uses carts this one uses .bin on sd and it has a strange frame skippyness

so far it doesnt work with

championship bowling

championship pro am

gaiares

crystal's pony tales

frogger works fine

the pinball games really show the jumpynes

Edited by bohoki

• 4 weeks later...

i just got one of the ebay sd card gopher units and it is not very good compared to my retrogen which uses carts this one uses .bin on sd and it has a strange frame skippyness

championship bowling

championship pro am

gaiares

crystal's pony tales

frogger works fine

of those only championship pro am did not work for me.

i find that a lot of the multi hacked games do not work. action 52 did work though.

frogger worked fine.

im working on compiling a list on a excel document via open office and will post here once im done, although will take awhile..

• 1 month later...

For me a major drawback is that it won't work with projectors. The frustrating thing is the first one will work with projectors, but it is cartridge only, no SD. So if you have a $200 multicart that wont move in the cartridge port, cool. The later models have a tv button that blocks the video signal out, not only on projectors, but some tvs. The latest 2015 model has a slightly bigger screen, looks way better.how many will i have to buy, as they start to get things right, only one new change per model? Its really frustrating trying to figure a way to use the a/v out, but shot down every time. Then, i test the first model, and it automatically works with every tv and projector ive tried but no SD slot.

championship bowling

championship pro am

gaiares

crystal's pony tales

frogger works fine

You may have got one of the cheap Chinese clones. Yes, there is a clone of a clone! Check the menu screen. Does it say Firecore? The shitty ones say Firecord or something similar. I got ripped off on Alibaba. Bought 20 of the things!!!!

I just dug mine out...it really is a nice little thing for what it is, despite the slow sound emulation. (Been playing a LOT of Joust on the way to and from work.)

Just wondering....are there similar handheld versions of other systems readily available??? (That is, that will allow you to run ROMs off a card?)

• 9 months later...

I have been testing out the entire library of genesis games out on the 2016 white 80 built in with mortal kombat model.

So far from what I have tested these games don't work:

1. ANY 32x games (doom 32x, esc...)(I tested them all yes)

2. ANY Sega CD games(Can not load the format)

3. ANY Sega master system D: (had a attachment works in plenty of emulators, but not this one)

4. ANY Gamegear Games D: (can not load gg format)

5. MOST roms not .BIN (But can load some for ODD reasons it is selective)

6. Ninja Gaiden

7. Bubba n Sticks

8. Buck Roggers

9. Centurion - Defender of Rome

10. D&D - Warriors of the Eternal Sun

11. Double Clutch (Music plays that is it)

12. Double Dragon III / Double Dragon 3

13. Dragon Slayer

14. F-22 Interceptor / F22 Interceptor

15. Frogger

16. Granada

17. Greatest Heavyweights of the Ring

Games that boot to title screen but gameplay doesn't work normally:

1. Animaniacs (Opening crashes, Passwords do work)

2. Brams Stoker's Dracula

3. Chuck's Excellent Art Tool Animator

4. Clay Fighter ( D; )

5. Combat Aces (Beta requires teleplay or something like that)

6. Contra Hardcorp (Plays but levels don't play right, you teleport back and forth between random places and background doesn't match collision)

7. Fatal Fury 2 - error in line 1111 emulator 4 4 4 4 4

8. Funnyworld-Balloon Boy - Has some odd DRM that prevents game from being played

9. Final Zone - title screen glitched and gameplay crashes on player damaged

10. Game Genie ( For obvious reason this isn't a cartilage system, the menu system works how ever)

11. Gauntlet 4 (freezes on title)

12. Gauntlet Arcade Version ( Freezes on title)

13. Golden 20in1 Menu (Bare Knuckle-Rambo 3-Tetris) - crashes on starting any games

14. Harry Potter (Start button on main menu doesn't work no buttons do)

15. King of Fighters '98

16. Mulan

17. Pocket Monsters 2

I have only gotten up to H in the testing and I am posting it to my site,

The difference between not working entirely and just the title screen is games with passwords can potentionally work if you use a level select code to get to the first or second level skipping cutscenes that may cause crash. Like
Animaniacs does.

How ever I did exclude most sports titles how ever, even with that I have 666 roms to test, (no it's not a joke, it just ended up with that number of roms after removing most of the sports titles)

Part of the issue is where you get your roms from as well though.

Edited by undeadbobop
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So far everything I've thrown at it has worked,with the exception of the ones I mentioned. I did download a bulk set of Genesis roms from one site, so maybe these are just good copies?

Can I ask where you found the bulk set of ROMs? I'm looking for the same.

• 3 weeks later...

How about Bubsy and Bubsy 2 ?

So after picking up a Atgames system and testing out a bunch of Bubsy images, I have narrowed down a collection that work pretty well (Bubsy 1, Bubsy 2, and games where Bubsy is hacked into Sonic 2 and Streets of Rage 2).

I also created files that play all eight of the mod tracks from the Jaguar Bubsy game to play on the Genesis.

And all this in a game directory for the Sega Portable complete with modified menu file with pictures to match the files.

You can download all this here:

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/234/entry-13614-cruizin-the-sega-gopher-march-2017-jaguar-bubsy-music-now-playable-on-genesis/

• Like 1

I have both the ATgames Genesis portable and Atgames Genesis console. I ended up giving up on them in total frustration.. While I haven't tossed them out, I'm pretty close with all the howling they made me do. :lol:

When it comes to playing the roms on a console, this is the way to go for me. Just getting a regular original console + a flashcart.

post-31-0-46697400-1485035292_thumb.jpg

And yes we all have emulators. I also can play all the roms on my Rpi3, as well as my Xbox console, and as well as my PC, and on my PSP as well. We all know about that, and do it. And it's not really the same. To me a flashcart on the original console is that total "sweet spot". All the awesomeness of the real thing, with the convenience of roms. :)

• 1 year later...

I have tested 3259 ROMs on the ATGames Genesis Ultimate Portable

I have found that 1592 of them representing 809 unique titles are in a condition where they boot correctly.

I don't know if anyone's interested in the list and I'm not sure the best way to distribute it.

I have attached a list of game titles that work, but some of them have multiple ROM files that do.

If there is interest, I would be willing to create and host a site where users can give feedback about game functionality.

titles.txt

• Like 1

I thought the compatibility was a lot higher than that. Do you have a list of the non-working titles?

A collaborative spreadsheet like Google Docs or Office Online would be a good way to share this information, I think.

I have a database that I built for easily testing the ROMs, and if there is a community for it, I can easily make a webapp for submitting changes.

(Spreadsheets are a bad choice because there is a many-to-one relationship between ROMs and titles)