IGNORED

problem with connectors

messy

Until recently i thought i knew what all the various cables and connectors were however I recently got a nintendo colour tv game and attempting to find out what adapter i need has me pulling my hair out because people keep referring to to things with different names!!!

So this is the TV socket I need to connect to (some people running around calling it coax)

post-40348-0-30781900-1422473545_thumb.jpg

This is the connector that will fit in it

post-40348-0-47636400-1422473620_thumb.jpg

This is the cable (RCA?) attached to the game (cannot be replaced)

post-40348-0-08908100-1422473675_thumb.jpg

Every kind/forum/video says get a RCA to f type coax adaptor

This is a f type coax adapter, it clearly isnt right

post-40348-0-61449100-1422473746_thumb.jpg

Anyone have any idea where i can get an adapter that will work?

The top two cable images look like each end of a standard (at least for the UK) RF lead for connecting video output from one device to the tuner input for your TV/Display, I think the second image with the protruding pin goes should go to the system and the other end to your TV/display but it has been a while since I have used an RF connection so it may be the other way around.

The image above that you have tentatively called RCA, generally it appears to be referred to as that (or cinch) in the US, in the UK it is generally referred to a phono but that are all the came thing and are the commonly use connector the for audio and composite video.

However, in regard to Hi-Fi audio systems "phono" specifically referes to a pair of L/R audio inputs to a power amp for the signal from a record deck, as the output signal level from there is much smaller than the regular line out of say a CD player the phono input will have a pre-amp on the front end to boost the signal from the record deck up to line level.

I agree with tpugmire that the bottom image is of a BNC connector.

Every kind/forum/video says get a RCA to f type coax adaptor

That only applies in USA, where the F-connector is used for antenna plug/socket.

In Europe the IEC connector is the standard (F type is used for SAT TV instead), so you need an RCA to IEC adapter. If you can't find one you can easily build it yourself by using a female RCA, a male IEC and a short piece of coax cable.

Note that if your console is from Japan, you need a TV which is capable of tuning an analog NTSC-J channel, else you may only get a B&W picture or no picture at-all (and also lack of sound if the console doesn't have a built-in speaker).

The one in the last picture is a BNC connector, as noticed by tpugmire and Stephen Moss.

Trying to identify the connector on the back of your TV Game, it looks like it's not any of the connectors you've posted below it.

My thinking is either it's a broken part from the cable that's stuck in the actual connector behind it (though I assume you would have figured that out by now),

or more likely it's a proprietary connector very close to a male RCA phono jack. Can't tell the size of the connector to be sure. But if that's the case you'd need a female RCA connector on your cable.

I'm sure you could fudge together a cable, though. Pretty much guarantee the center pin is your signal, and the outer ring is ground.