IGNORED

Thank you Jeff Minter. All hail the Yak. King of the Webs.

CyranoJ

Just looked up TxK(Tempest 10,000? :D) on his site, and wow it looks good! I've got to get me a PSvita!

http://minotaurproject.co.uk/txk/index.php#videos

Also just downloaded his gridrunner for android - everything else is for ios/osx lol, i guess i have to get an iphone for all the others.

Going to try to get Gridrunner Revolution & Space Giraffe for the PC too.(i don't have the 360 lol)

http://minotaurproject.co.uk/grintro2.php

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 2

A third Jeff Minter game on the Jag!!(three right?), it doesn't get better than that! Awesome things happening around here lately! :D

When I get this finished, everyone send Jeff 5GBP for Llamatron. 24 years later, I'm sure he'll crack up laughing.

• Like 9

I have this vision of a specially crafted twin joystick jagpad to play this game... Much like you need the rotary to play Tempest .

Oh it crossed my mind as well... imagine some poundstretcher discount store being raided of its £3.99 unsaleable junk and a new jaguar peripheral, complete with certificate of authenticity, holographic sticker, collectible trading card and to top it all - shrinkwrapped box - appearing on eBay for £300.00 buy-it-now or best offer.

• Like 1

Good to hear the progress on this.

I was looking at the first message again, which I probably skimmed at work, and saw you got the go ahead from Jeff Minter himself? Wow... that alone is a score! :D-

Ok, first up, I had someone ask, and got this:

attachicon.gifminter.png

Good to hear the progress on this.

I was looking at the first message again, which I probably skimmed at work, and saw you got the go ahead from Jeff Minter himself? Wow... that alone is a score! :D-

Kind of, but I don't see the point when there's no permission from any of the other game authors/software companies/whatever... sort of shouts "hey, we actually are allowed to do this this this one, unlike all the others..."

Weirder still was the way RGCD requested the permission... luckily those tweets have been zapped into nonexistence, because that was all kinds of comedy.

Oh. My. God.

We're finally getting to the point where I need a skunk or something.

Will give this some serious playing in emulation now. :D

Thanks for doing this, CJ. I love Robotron like no other golden age arcade game, and Llamatron is one of the very few home computer exclusives I really, really needed to have on a console. Now it's a Jaguar console exclusive thanks to you and the man of hooves!

When I get this finished, everyone send Jeff 5GBP for Llamatron. 24 years later, I'm sure he'll crack up laughing.

I wonder if the adress is still current?

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 1

The first game I bought was by Llamasoft (AMC on the C64). When he did his Space Invaders hack (Beast Invaders), I asked him if he could send me the rom, which he promptly did. His mobile games are also really good.

Any chance for Revenge of the Mutant Camels on Jaguar? Not as good as Llamatron, but still a fun game on the ST/E :)

OK, this one has sound but still needs a bit of work. Progress, though!

attachicon.gifLlamatron.ABS

I barely have time to play your games before a newer better version is out. Re-downloaded Gauntlet more times than I can count...

I'm going to tweet Jeff a photo of this loaded up on the Jag tonight if thats cool with you. I'll check back in before doing so..

• Like 2

I barely have time to play your games before a newer better version is out. Re-downloaded Gauntlet more times than I can count...

I'm going to tweet Jeff a photo of this loaded up on the Jag tonight if thats cool with you. I'll check back in before doing so..

I've linked Jeff to this thread, just post it here for everyone ;)

• Like 3