IGNORED

Pure C and GodLib "Box" Sample

I have an Aranym configuration running TOS 4.04 and MultiTOS. I've got Pure C working and can "Make All" the "HELLO.PRJ" sample. Next order of business is to get Reservoir Gods' GodLib up and running. I've copied the library into the "INCLUDE" path under "GODLIB". But when I try to "Make All" the "BOX.PRJ" sample, Pure C appears to compile all the C stuff, but crashes back to GEM when it gets to the .S stuff. The following error is offered by MultiTOS:

AranymGodLibBoxCompileFail.bmp

I've tried booting Aranym with no "AUTO" folder execution, which means no MultiTOS, screen enhancer, or anything else that might be in the way, but the "Make All" still just bombs out. Any ideas?

Edited by pixelmischief

I noticed an object file for the GEMDOS library in my INCLUDE folder where one does not exist in the original library. So recopied the library back into INCLUDE and tried the compile again, this time using "Make" instead of "Make All". Now the process hangs at the assembly phase on GEMDOS_S.S.

post-23588-0-22564900-1422665892_thumb.jpg

Edited by pixelmischief

Still going to try Hatari, but...

- hatari_falcon.exe is an experimental version using a new cpu emulation
that adds better support for 68030 and DSP. In most cases, it should give
better results that hatari.exe if you want to run Falcon's programs. But it's
still work in progress, so some programs will not run correctly yet.

I thought you had the sample source attached to this thread? Now I don't see it. I am running hatari pure_c now if you want me to try the source.

OK. Go to the link below. There you will find the library and the BOX sample. Give it a shot. Would love to know what you get.

http://rg.atari.org/source.htm

I have a few huge projects with lots of assembler files in PureC. Using NAES here.

My biggest problem is 'C' itself, make all typically ends with an window full of error messages, but never a crash. :D

I use Hatari, but only for testing builds. Being stuck in SingleTOS is a work flow killer. I have aranym and hatari pointing at the same host filesystem directory. Hit 'make all' in aranym, then switch to hatari and refresh the directory and run the build. ;)

Originally I had PureC setup in hatari because the rumor was it would not run in MiNT, but I moved all my PureC dev to aranym after researching that and found it runs fine under MiNT. When I was using hatari it didn't crash either. I really have no clue what you could be doing wrong.

During my search for PureC, I found several archives and not one them original. It seems like every PureC archive you find is someone's used installation that they decided to just zip up. Perhaps you managed to get hold of a faulty archive of PureC itself?

Edited by lp060

During my search for PureC, I found several archives and not one them original. It seems like every PureC archive you find is someone's used installation that they decided to just zip up. Perhaps you managed to get hold of a faulty archive of PureC itself?

This is a good possibility. I don't remember now where I got the copy of PureC I am using, but I don't remember mounting disk images and performing an install.

Well it compiled fine for me. I used standard Hatari and used a regular windows folder as a pseudo-drive C. Used tos4.04 rom image. I put pure_c in the root and put the godlib into pure_c\include\ and box directory into root. I loaded the project box.prj and then make all. It compiled and then I chose 'run' and it showed a black box on the screen.

Here is the Pure_C I used http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/471719/Pure_C.7z

If it is a problem for me to put that link here, admin can let me know and I will remove it.

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame

Mr. Pink at Reservoir Gods has been kind enough to discuss the matter with me a bit. He has informed me of the following:

I've started to put the latest version of GodLib and a bunch of example code onto GitHub. You can find the code here:

https://github.com/ReservoirGods

The "GodLib" repository contains the latest version of GodLib, and should be copied into your PURE_C INCLUDE directory (or set a symbolic link here to it). The GODLIB.SPL repository contains some simple examples. The library is cross platform, and will compile on PC if you have visual studio. You will need the DirectX 9 SDK installed for it to work on PC. You don't have to use GIT to get all this code, GitHub provides links to ZIPs of all the sourcecode if that is easier to work with.

This link is requiring me to provide my email address to get a download link. I appreciate the help. TRULY, I do. But I'm not giving my email address away so that spambots all over the planet can inundate me with unwanted emails.

Crap, sorry, didn't think of that. Just picked the first file hosting result from google and pasted it in haha. Here is one that doesn't require your email. http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/605086/Pure-C-7z.html

Team!

I have Pure C with help files up and running in Aranym. I am able to include the Reservoir Gods library and build their "BOX.PRJ" sample.

Many, many thanks to everyone who helped me get this up. Mr. Pink and RG for the library and for publishing the latest iteration on GitHub. TheNameOfTheGame for a nice clean Pure C distro with English help files. Ip060 for testing configurations and reporting back. Henk of AHCC fame for working with me to understand why AHCC doesn't play nice with SpeedoGDOS and for offering an alternative, actively maintained C development environment and compiler/linker.

Here begins the next stage of my journey. I'll keep you posted.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Found this file on my hard drive. It is a Pure C Overview in English by Dan Wilga.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/615974/Pure-C-English-Overview-jlg1-1-pdf.html

and here is English documentation in the ST-Guide HYP file.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/615975/purec-english-hyp.html

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame