IGNORED

Atari Jaguar 2nd Collection for trade

Rick Dangerous

Hey Everyone,

I've bought a few big Jaguar lots lately to fill in the blanks in my collections and have found myself with a pretty solid second collection that I don't need, but would like to go to a good home. Here is whats included:

1. Atari Jaguar (Like new condition, all hookups, box with medium wear)

2. 2 Controllers (Like new condition, in boxes)

3. Games (All in boxes with manuals and overlays, except when noted)

-Iron Soldier

-Wolfenstein 3D

-Doom

-Rayman (no box)

-NBA Jam

-Power Drive Rally

-Raiden

-Flashback

-SuperBurnout

-AlienVsPredator

-Theme Park (no box or manual, label shows medium wear (no rips, just slight fade))

-Cybermorph (1mb, Label has slight wear, no box/manual)

-Trevor McFur

-Val D'isere Skiing and Snowboarding

-Kasumi Ninja (No headband)

-Trow Aikman Football

-Bubsy

-Supercross 3D (No Manual)

Most of these are in great shape. I'm not parting anything out at this point, I'd like to sell as one. Everything has been recently cleaned and tested by me.

What I'm looking for, in order of priority:

1. Equivalent Value Sega Saturn Collection (and/or Games)

2. Solid Game Gear and/or Nomad Collection

3. Cash offer

I estimate the value of this collection to be around $700. I think that's a pretty reasonable estimate of what you might pay on epay, if not more. I'm open to all offers and trade ideas. Definitely not feeling greedy.

Like i mentioned, will upload pics asap. Feel free to PM me with questions and offers. Thanks.

post-38373-0-75625300-1422769333_thumb.jpg

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 2

Pics added. You can see there is slight wear to the game boxes, and medium wear to the jaguar box. The games however are in like new condition, with the exception of the loose Cybermorph (slight mottling(actiplaque!)) and Theme Park (light fading.)

The controller boxes also have light-medium wear, which doesn't reflect the condition of the controllers, which are brand new.

Come on guys, I complain about the prices of these games all the time but even I know what this collection is worth.

Perhaps selling them individually at a average BIN price over the course of 6 months or so, but as a lot, you'll get no more than 500 on a good day. I see them sell for less than that in general.

Wow...not the response I was expecting. Lol. I'm not saying I want an offer of $700...i'm just saying that's what you might pay if you were to try to track down all these items individually on epay. I'm open to any reasonable offer; really i'd rather trade for stuff I listed!

But..to anyone that scoffs at $700... MANY of those games out of the (18 total included) are going for solid coin these days.. many of those $300-400 lots only include one of these, and often times no box or manual.

Wold3D/Doom, Rayman, NBA Jam, Powerdrive Rally, AvP...those are all quality titles, especially with box manuals and overlays.

I can't speak to what many of you paid for when you bought your Jag collections..but $300-$400 would be giving that away to some re-seller and $700 certainly isn't a stretch (not that that's what i'm looking for.)

I've spent a ridiculous amount of coin on Jaguar stuff this past year and as I said in my original post, i'm not greedy, i'm ready to give someone an AA discount. At the same time i'm not a charity, and i'm not going to give this stuff away. Check out these two lots right now..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-CD-System-with-19-Games-3-controllers-100-Working-and-Tested-/221655146327?pt=Video_Games&hash=item339bad1f57

Jag CD, Some good titles, but no boxes or manuals

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-System-14-games-Wolfenstein-Iron-Soldier-Alien-vs-Predator-210-/111501730278?pt=Video_Games&hash=item19f60561e6

Jag box, some good titles, but no boxes or manuals.

I don't really want or need the cash, for a reasonable offer this can go to an AA member for an AA deal, but i'd rather someone PM me with a list of Sega Saturn titles they want to trade :)

• Like 2

Come on guys, I complain about the prices of these games all the time but even I know what this collection is worth.

Fuck all… really?

It's funny to see the responses from newer collectors vs. people who bought their jag stuff back in the day.

If you knew what it cost me to put together my Jag collection...you would cry. Anyone who's started collecting for Jaguar in the past two years knows what i'm talking about.

Like I said, I'm not greedy, make me a reasonable offer :)

It's funny to see the responses from newer collectors vs. people who bought their jag stuff back in the day.

If you knew what it cost me to put together my Jag collection...you would cry. Anyone who's started collecting for Jaguar in the past two years knows what i'm talking about.

Like I said, I'm not greedy, make me a reasonable offer :)

Good luck! And please remember the golden rule of thumb:

What you have is worth all the gold in the world.

And what someone else has, is worth absolutely nothing. ;)

All this conjecture has made me curious. If no one makes me an offer for trade or cash in two weeks i'm going to throw it one epay no reserve, just to see what it does wind up at...lol.

I'm a firm believer letting the market determine the value vs. letting stuff sit around at high bins..

Atari Jaguar ?? Can't see tray but will estimate at $150

2 boxed controllers $15 each

-Iron Soldier $15

-Wolfenstein 3D $50

-Doom $50

-Rayman (no box) $50

-NBA Jam $50

-Power Drive Rally $50

-Raiden $30

-Flashback $60

-SuperBurnout $30

-AlienVsPredator $50

-Theme Park (no box or manual, label shows medium wear (no rips, just slight fade)) $5

-Cybermorph (1mb, Label has slight wear, no box/manual) Goes w/boxed system $ no extra value

-Trevor McFur $40

-Val D'isere Skiing and Snowboarding $30

-Kasumi Ninja (No headband) $20

-Troy Aikman Football $30

-Bubsy $30

-Supercross 3D (No Manual) $20

I get $790 average price, shipping already taken out.

Subtract an extra 10% for ebay fees and $700 is spot on in my opinion. $700 shipped is more than reasonable.

I can easily see this costing $50+ insured to ship.

If It was mine I would be hard pressed to sell less than $700 and def. not for less than $650 if I wanted to move it quick.

• Like 1

At first I scoffed at the expected price range too, but then I went to eBay and starting looking at closed auctions. The prices have really gone up, even for the common items. When I bought my first Jaguar a dozen years ago, I paid $90 for a complete boxed console with cables and two controllers, and 9 carts, most boxed, including Atari Karts. Now you'd be hard pressed to get just Atari Karts for $90.

For a console with cables and a couple of controllers, you'd be lucky to get one for $100.

A few of those games, such as Rayman or NBA Jam, can easily cost you for than $50 for just the loose cart.

I wouldn't pay $700 for this collection, but it's definitely worth the high end of 3-digits, especially if sold in pieces on eBay. People complain about eBay prices, but really, where else can you buy some of these items these days?

I suppose it's good news for me - my collection is much larger, so I guess someday it'll bring me a minor fortune.

• Like 3

At first I scoffed at the expected price range too, but then I went to eBay and starting looking at closed auctions. The prices have really gone up, even for the common items. When I bought my first Jaguar a dozen years ago, I paid $90 for a complete boxed console with cables and two controllers, and 9 carts, most boxed, including Atari Karts. Now you'd be hard pressed to get just Atari Karts for $90.

For a console with cables and a couple of controllers, you'd be lucky to get one for $100.

A few of those games, such as Rayman or NBA Jam, can easily cost you for than $50 for just the loose cart.

I wouldn't pay $700 for this collection, but it's definitely worth the high end of 3-digits, especially if sold in pieces on eBay. People complain about eBay prices, but really, where else can you buy some of these items these days?

I suppose it's good news for me - my collection is much larger, so I guess someday it'll bring me a minor fortune.

Thank you for taking a look and doing some research.

I promise i'm not a price gouging asshole and i'd give anyone on AA a great price.

• Like 2

I'm getting ready to build a custom made arcade machine for my Jaguar with buttons on the front for the keypad and a sweet paint job!! RAYMAN!! You could expect a little griff for all that together, yup! Try fleaBay!! It's cool to peddle at the forum, but bidders may actually get close to five hundred if you started high enough there!?! I think arcade controllers (like Neo Geo) would have changed the Jaguars view in the public eye and made the games WAY more playable! Loyalists would have helped too, as it was MADE IN THE USA!! We just jump on whatever the next crap future brick system they slide on a slime trail our direction now!!

I'm pretty good at most of the Jag games as is, but fighting games with all those dragon punch curves on the pad and button combos really need a solid, switch driven stick! When I get done, I'll post picst of my Jag cab!

I think $700 is not too much for all of that, but without all the boxes and on a forum of chuckleheads is asking for 'it'..

(the golden rule of thumb!! Where you only beat someone with a golden rod the width of your thumb!!) :twisted:

Solid state is always a pretty good investment! I avoid spinny things! All spinny things must die!!

A Saturn has a spinny thing that will die (and a battery that will die), the PS and pretty much all new systems are all just a twisted concoction of spinny things that will die!!

The Dreamcast was awesome, BUT!!!! One spinny thing for the disk (it must die), one spinny thing for the fan (will clog and die), the disk is a spinny thing (it will scratch up and die!!)! The Jag will entertain for a LOOOONG TIME!!

I watch movies on a Sony Video Scope projector T.V. from 1981 that still works GREAT! Most modern televisions have a lamp that (like spinny things) MUST DIE!!

Buy Atari, avoid spinny things (Jag CD... :skull: ), but other than that..solid!

(I still want a Jag CD, though! For the CD light show (that must die), and the few games that it has!! And I play and enjoy my CDi (my 2600s, Genesis', NES, SNES, Jaguar, Master System, XE, C64, Coco3, Coco 1, 7800, Super Grafx, Amigas, and clones will outlast them both!)

..nice lot!

• Like 1

job!! RAYMAN!! yup! fleaBay!! there!?! playable! USA!! now!! stick! cab! thumb!! thumb!! investment! things! die!! die!! BUT!!!! die!!)! TIME!! GREAT! DIE!! solid! though! has!! both! lot!

You're sure a big fan of the exclamation mark.