IGNORED

HSC12 Round 1: Jr Pac-Man

Wow 50 posts already great going EVERYONE :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'll put a new table up in the morning :)

I finally have a score that I'm not ashamed to post (it took long enough):

It isn't much, but it's something to start off with just in case I don't get much time to play the Jr. Pac-Man. I was hoping to break 30,000 points before I posted a score, but I keep getting close and not making it. At least I've gotten to the third board. That was a chore for me.

I'm playing on my real 130XE NTSC machine. I haven't been paying attention to how many points I'm scoring on the first person (okay, on the first Jr.). I guess I need to start doing that. This is the most I've played Jr. Pac-Man. I like it; it's much harder than I expected. It's quite fun, and I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of it. I can't wait until I get to eat my first Root Beer. It's worth 5,000 points. Wow!

It's nice to post a score here again. My goal is to post a score for every round this year, even if it's just a quick round or two. It seems that every point counts in the end. Playing every round should be worth a bonus point or something. Or how about bonus points for people who live in my town? Or on my street? Or in my house? Do I get points for begging?

nice try :D

like I've said before it's more fun to post scores as you go (for others anyway) that way we have some lower scores posted early on ;)

I was pleased Jr won the poll as it's a great game for the 1st round; even though it's tough everyone knows what to do and it works! :)

It's nice to see new faces in the HSC and nice to have loads of competition at the top of the score board

What's that?! Competition at the top of the scoreboard you say...

post-19705-0-60936000-1423268407_thumb.jpg

That's another thing why the HSC records are different to those posted elsewhere - I was playing with 8BIT 1337's 75K score in the back of my mind, ok in the front of my mind and it significantly adds to the pressure... on that board the ghosts just blip you can eat 1 maybe 2 if you are lucky I had to focus on the trains and at the end every last dot on a death run... serious adrenaline rush and pressure :thumbsup:

p.s. I think the real top end competition is yet to arrive his name starts with S we are not worthy :D

on the same subject anyone heard from Captain Classic?

The poll for Round 2 will start early next week so if you've not listed your favourite games on the Games List please do. Also second other suggestions that you like; the most popular games will make the polls sooner :)

With a week to go we're getting close to the HSC record number of players for a round :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Latest Tables

Jr Pac-Man

1st trbb(p) 76,450 12pts #
2nd 8Bit 1337 (n) 75,330 11pts *
3rd SHiNjide (p) 61,860 10pts

4th SIO2 (n) 58,490 9pts $
5th McKong (p) 58,370 9pts
6th pixelmischief (p) 53,480 9pts
7th Tickled_Pink (p) 48,410 8pts
8th Goochman (n) 43,530 8pts
9th powersoft (p) 38,690 8pts
10th Joey Z (n) 38,380 7pts
11th JK40001 (p) 36,490 7pts
12th krupkaj (p) 34,320 7pts
13th jetset (n) 32,450 6pts
14th roadrunner (n) 31,500 6pts
15th playermissile (n) 30,960 6pts
16th ballyalley (n) 29,390 5pts
17th Benighted (p) 29,170 5pts
18th NIKON (p) 28,810 5pts
19th LidLikesIntellivision 26,160 4pts
20th GornThrifting (p) 25,860 4pts
21st adam242 (n) 23,510 4pts
22nd airsoftmodels (n) 23,280 3pts
23rd Benighted (n) 23,220 3pts
24th Sikor (p) 22,080 2pts
25th jblenkle (n) 18,230 2pts
26th bluecat (p) 9,240 1pts

---------------------------------------------

Bonus points for

# HSC record

* top NTSC score

$ 1st Man Bonus point

will be added at the end of the round.

(you can now see how the scoring works: each additional place 13th onwards creates another 4th place/9pt score etc)

Highest Score on the first life
1st SIO2 (n) 41,190
2nd SHiNjide (p) 33,340
3rd Tickled_Pink (p) 27,650
4th Joey Z (n) 26,230
5th therealbountybob (p) 20,940
6th NIKON (p) 15,260
7th adam242 (n) 13,580
8th playermissile (n) 13,190
9th bluecat (p) 4,380
10th 8Bit 1337 (n) 3,300

Please do not edit scores in posts before this one or I'll miss them ;)

[or it seemes I may just miss them anyway!!!]

Edited by therealbountybob
corrected!

I don't know how to post screenshots.

yes sorry I missed your scores from the tables - there is always at least one mistake each round. Once I have my spreadsheet with all the new players listed it should be easier for me to spot names with blank scores :)

(updated above)

screenshots are optional but if you want to take them on altirra it's Alt-F10 on atari800win+4.1 it's F10...

when posting click on 'More Reply Options' then 'Choose Files' you can click 'add to post' to insert them into the message body otherwise they appear at the bottom of the post :)

• Like 1

Fun game, and NTSC to boot. All right!

What, no links to follow? Well, then, let's see what I can dig up. Here are some fun links for the Atari 8-Bit conversion of the Atari 5200 prototype:

5) The Video Game Critic's Review (Reviewed May 26, 2003):

http://videogamecritic.com/5200fl.htm#rev517

Enjoy the links!

Nice website with and there is an 8-bit Atari Computer Section too :thumbsup:

[finally a review of Venture] :)

Might put the poll on later today I really can't wait much longer :D

I have a score in the 30k area, nut i was worried my emulator was broken. The very first level the ghosts would move 3-4 steps and pause, then move 3-4 ateps and pause.

I was trying to verify that I wasn't running full speed, but Atari800 is reporting 60hz at 100% speed, so that must just be the way the game plays.

Yeah, I noticed that too (on NTSC also). Maybe it was my imagination but they seemed to speed up before the level ended. Or maybe I just got used to the stutter-steps...

I have a score in the 30k area, nut i was worried my emulator was broken. The very first level the ghosts would move 3-4 steps and pause, then move 3-4 ateps and pause.

I was trying to verify that I wasn't running full speed, but Atari800 is reporting 60hz at 100% speed, so that must just be the way the game plays.

I think that's normal. Ghosts start out slow--which means those stutter movements....then they ramp up to full speed.

How long is the pause? I'm using Altirra and it does the same but it's more of a judder than a pause.