IGNORED

Text Adventure tech question 64K F0

Atari Charles

I am co-working on a text adventure that will be 32k F4 (Atari 32K). This won't require any specialty hardware as it can be hard to get and is expensive. So if we decide, to increase space, go to F0 (Megaboy 64K), are these boards and eproms easily and cheaply available? If so where? Also does it require any special chips, ocilators, etc?

I think we should be able to fit the text in 32k, but if not then possibly would look to go to 64k.

The text adventure will easily fit on a 64k chip without any deletion of text, which is nice.

I learned a very costly lesson with Tigervision 32k carts [Tron Guy Picture Cart and Digital Photo Album], so I want to avoid the pain and use hardware easily and cheaply available.

So any feedback would be appreciated.

Here is the info for the 64k F0(Megaboy)

F0 (Megaboy)
-----

This was used on one game, "megaboy".. Some kind of educational cartridge. It supports
64K of ROM making it the biggest single production game made during the original run
of the 2600.

Bankswitching is very simple. There's 16 4K banks, and accessing 1FF0 causes the bank
number to increment.

This means that you must keep accessing 1FF0 until the bank you want is selected. Each
bank is numbered by means of one of the ROM locations, and the code simply keeps accessing
1FF0 until the bank it is looking for comes up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...