IGNORED

Hyper Fighting hombebrew game for the Nintendo Virtual Boy

Wait, you'd get copyright strikes for having Street Fighter II sound effects in a YouTube video? That is some shit. That place has gone to hell in a handbasket.

It varies from game to game, but generally it's something that really only effects major publisher's games. I particularly have constant problems with games by Nintendo, Capcom and Konami, although not all of my videos with their games have been flagged. It's dumb, but it happens.

Some Youtubers told on their channels, that they cannot show Sega footage any more and there was one video where somebody said he got issues for showing a still picture (!) of a Zelda character. So it seems to get worse. So there are companies out there that don´t want free advetising for their proucts and brands for whatever weird reason.

I once found a super boring channel on Youtube where somebody only talked about the latest retro gaming news without showing anything, no product, no footage, nothing. Maybe that is the future? :-D

Edited by vectrexroli
  • Like 1

I don't do YouTube because of this. I had fun at first but the restrictions got tighter and tighter, to the point where I just couldn't make videos to my satisfaction. Now all you get are dummies screaming into a microphone. Whoever called television a vast wasteland would have been dumbstruck by the sheer idiocy of online video decades later.

I don't do YouTube because of this. I had fun at first but the restrictions got tighter and tighter, to the point where I just couldn't make videos to my satisfaction. Now all you get are dummies screaming into a microphone. Whoever called television a vast wasteland would have been dumbstruck by the sheer idiocy of online video decades later.

But I have to say that on the other hand I still see more interesting content on Youtube than on TV. I worked in a project in my day job where I had some test TV screens runnings all day long with typical sattelite TV stations and I was shocked about the stupid programs that were playing there during the day. I was not used to that as we don´t have TV at home. At least on Youtube I have still the choice what to watch and when to watch that. ;-)

Edited by vectrexroli
  • Like 1

Wait, you'd get copyright strikes for having Street Fighter II sound effects in a YouTube video? That is some shit. That place has gone to hell in a handbasket.

YouTube has gone to shit ever since Google bought them. I don't understand how some videos get cleared but I tried to post a 1 min slideshow with some background music from my iTunes library and it got muted (or taken down, I can't remember). Meanwhile there's tons of full songs and albums and movies still up there. Classic Game Room seems to be able to review games again, why are others getting screwed just for showing a game in the background?

It's ridiculous.

I don't have the slightest scruples any more about torrenting stuff. Fuck this copyright-Nazi shit. I'm fighting back.

Edited by BillyHW
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...