IGNORED

HUNGER SHARK (Atari 2600) Shipped!

neotokeo2001

Yes, Neo, please post a list of everything you've released, especially boxed. If there's something I've missed, I'll have to start searching...

I am working on a list of cartridge and manual only. It will take a while as their are a lot of low run cartridges out there.

Here is a list of boxed releases. I am sure that I am missing something so please post pictures or other info in this topic:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240864-neo-games-boxed-release-list-need-help/

Think I'm starting to get this figured out. New High Score today. Did this with a Sega Genesis controller, but I actually found it harder to use than the Atari joystick...so I may be able to beat this next attempt:

hungershark_hs07252015.jpg

Here are some tips:

- Stay in the middle of the screen as much as possible. That will allow you to eat more humans and have time to react to the mine.

- Squids are your friend, use them just as your energy is about to run out.

- After using a squid, swim to the top of the screen. That will allow you to see your sharks fin and know where you are located. Use that knowledge to pick off a few high swimming humans and also to snag a treasure chest if it appears.

- Stay at the bottom of the screen when the Coast Guard appears. More time to avoid danger.

If anyone else has some tips, please post them.

I would think that the game would be easier with a joystick over a game pad. It would be faster to be able to use diagonals.

There's a steep increase in the missile speed of the coast guard after 20000-25000 points. You gotta sit at the bottom and wait until the missile is just past the tip of your nose, and charge left immediately. The majority of deaths when I had a good score run were due to the coast guard. The mines are easier to avoid if you stay off the bottom, even at higher levels. Also I usually end up with more squids stockpiled than I ever use. If you activate the squid right as the coast guard appears, you're pretty much screwed because you can't see your shark of the missiles.

Edited by stardust4ever

Well, now that is interesting.
I wish their website had a developer centric FAQ though, the marketing talk tells me nothing about what I'd face to develop.
I'm assuming that it's a linux based system ultimately, since I'm seeing some recent computer releases in there. I could make a proper Hunger Shark port with enhanced (or 16 bit typical or whatever they're going for) in like, a weekend. Would need to know more though.

For those that have not taken a picture yet.

Post a picture of your copy of HUNGER SHARK in it's new home and a random winner will be chosen for a free copy of Twist'r-Shark coming late this Summer.

(Post it in this topic) All entries will be given a number and drawn at random in a few weeks. You don't have to open boxed copies to take a picture, and you can stage the picture anywhere.

Edited by neotokeo2001

For those that have not taken a picture yet.

Post a picture of your copy of HUNGER SHARK in it's new home and a random winner will be chosen for a free copy of Twist'r-Shark coming late this Summer.

(Post it in this topic) All entries will be given a number and drawn at random in a few weeks. You don't have to open boxed copies to take a picture, and you can stage the picture anywhere.

If we posted multiple pics in this thread, does that increase our odds of winning? ;)

Here is the official entries for the TWIST'R-SHARK drawing so far. I will give it more time for the International people.

01- atari181
02- bfstats
03- Christopher Leach
04- classiccollector
05- CubeOfTheDead
06- Hyperboy
07- jttheninja
08- KaeruYojimbo
09- Marco Miccolli
10- mattbox
11- RetroFiends
12- rhcocker
13- Sapicco
14- ScottyDont00
15- sramirez2008
16- stardust4ever
17- TrekMD

post-3832-0-62968000-1438538385_thumb.jpg

Sapicco

Edited by neotokeo2001
  • Like 2

I have thought about moving the Twist'r-Shark release back to a later release date. I want to make sure I can do the game justice with the extras. So far we have a mini-comic that will be included with all copies of the game (Illustrated by Clark Otto Jr.) and of course the standard art cards and other extras that I can find for the deluxe boxed copies. I am going to get the Art cards signed by the artist.

I am designing a card game for the deluxe release as well.

I am going to try to get INVADER X (Demon Attack hack) released before Twist'r-Shark.

• Like 1

Here is the official entries for the TWIST'R-SHARK drawing so far. I will give it more time for the International people.

01- atari181
02- bfstats
03- Christopher Leach
04- classiccollector

05- cubelindo
06- CubeOfTheDead
07- Hyperboy
08- jttheninja
09- KaeruYojimbo
10- Marco Miccolli
11- mattbox
12- RetroFiends
13- rhcocker
14- Sapicco
15- ScottyDont00
16- sramirez2008
17- stardust4ever
18- TrekMD

Those are a set of Namco's dotgraphs that I had at hand

It's a 3D scene of Xevious, Galaxians, Mappy, Rally-X, Dig-Dug and Tower of Druaga with sound. In fact you can rearrange the 3D models.

Not shark related, but I'm moving to a new home so I have everything packed! :(

• Like 1

Those are a set of Namco's dotgraphs that I had at hand

It's a 3D scene of Xevious, Galaxians, Mappy, Rally-X, Dig-Dug and Tower of Druaga with sound. In fact you can rearrange the 3D models.

Not shark related, but I'm moving to a new home so I have everything packed! :(

still available? and from where? I've never seen them before...........

• Like 1