IGNORED

Atarimax flash usb programmer

chart45

ok for those who have problem to dump their new megacart and always getting a 1024k file.... i sent an email to steven Tucker and explain to him the prob

he answer me and send me a link to the new atarimax studio update.... there is now 1 more option to dump the cart

and it work for the goonies, tweenbee and super subroc 128k files

• Like 3

Thanks for taking the initiative to contact Steve about this overdump issues of MegaCart games and supplying the updated software. It was easy enough to cut the overdumps down to size with a Hex Editor, but glad this fix was made.

BTW, has anyone talked to Steve about the MaxFlash Cart with CV Adapter's issue with recognizing some 32K carts... specifically all the latest Homebrew releases made in the last year or so? I always get the "Rom header............." error with them and even so.e of the legacy carts when I was helping Ikrananka with his rom dump project. Thankfully the ADAM handled all the 32K carts that I had issues with.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

ok for those who have problem to dump their new megacart and always getting a 1024k file.... i sent an email to steven Tucker and explain to him the prob

he answer me and send me a link to the new atarimax studio update.... there is now 1 more option to dump the cart

and it work for the goonies, tweenbee and super subroc 128k files

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

BTW, has anyone talked to Steve about the MaxFlash Cart with CV Adapter's issue with recognizing some 32K carts... specifically all the latest Homebrew releases made in the last year or so? I always get the "Rom header............." error with them

I actually just emailed Steven about this very thing. I'll let you know what he comes back with.

Playing around with this a little more, I found that brute force actually worked! On some of the newer homebrew carts it seems the reader has a problem connecting so I jammed the two carts together as tight as I could and it worked! Not always on the first try, sometimes it took a few, but 100% of the carts I couldn't get to dump before worked just fine pressing them together as tight as possible while it dumped. Any idea why this is happening?

Edited by TPR

• 2 weeks later...

Update! Steven sent me a new programmer and adapter and all the carts I was having trouble with now work. Not exactly sure what the problem could have been as I was able to dump most carts without a problem, it was ONLY the more recent homebrews released within the year that gave me any trouble. Weird...

Update! Steven sent me a new programmer and adapter and all the carts I was having trouble with now work. Not exactly sure what the problem could have been as I was able to dump most carts without a problem, it was ONLY the more recent homebrews released within the year that gave me any trouble. Weird...

same programer and adapter or its an updated version?

• 8 months later...

I've been having issues with the last 4 carts I received from pixelboy. I'm trying to dump these carts to use on the atarimax. I consistently get a file size of 1024kb. It's not an issue with contact with the cart as I'm not getting that error. All my other carts including older ones from pixelboy dump fine. Well except for Goonies which loads but when the game begins it crashes. Anyone else having the same issue? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am also on the latest software downloaded from Steve's website and the same posted in this thread.

Rey

I've been having issues with the last 4 carts I received from pixelboy. I'm trying to dump these carts to use on the atarimax. I consistently get a file size of 1024kb. It's not an issue with contact with the cart as I'm not getting that error. All my other carts including older ones from pixelboy dump fine. Well except for Goonies which loads but when the game begins it crashes. Anyone else having the same issue? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am also on the latest software downloaded from Steve's website and the same posted in this thread.

Rey

I was able to get Knightmare, Stone of Wisdom, Spelunker, and Front Line to dump just fine. Boxxle, no luck still...

Thanks guys. Guess I'll shoot an email his way as well about this.

Good luck with that. I returned my MaxFlash this past summer as I was also having the same issues as well as with legacy carts and I'm pretty sure I got the same one back... or at the very least, the same problems.

Boxxle is not supported by the AtariMax products seeing as it uses a new Activision 32K PCB with 32K SaveRAM. Support will have to be added just like Lord of the Dungeon.

should we be able to dump the 32k games or did you try with the lord of the dungeon option i did nt try....

i hate when i cant dump the game cause its a game that i wont play since its in his box in a safe place.. dont have a choice 2 young kids... they alreAdy destroy my super subroc once but thanks to Luc he sell me a replacement box?

should we be able to dump the 32k games or did you try with the lord of the dungeon option i did nt try....

i hate when i cant dump the game cause its a game that i wont play since its in his box in a safe place.. dont have a choice 2 young kids... they alreAdy destroy my super subroc once but thanks to Luc he sell me a replacement box

I hope you took the whip out and whipped those kids good. ;)

Good luck with that. I returned my MaxFlash this past summer as I was also having the same issues as well as with legacy carts and I'm pretty sure I got the same one back... or at the very least, the same problems.

Same or similar issues here. I'm not mad or bitter with AtariMax. The device has—for some time now—been very lightly supported. I don't think Steven forsaw the boom that would take place in the homebrew community, and he couldn't have been expected to have pitch-perfect caliber with all the homebrew PCBs out there (MaxFlash works with all original releases with no problems). But if there were active support within his site and forums, I'd be much happier to be sure.

As far as I know, there are no Megacart PCBs with Eeprom used for any of the CV homebrews. There were a few releases with an Eeprom contained on the cartridge PCB, but these where by Team Pixelboy (The Black Onyx and Boxxle using the Activision PCB) and CollectorVision (Lord of the Dungeon).

An Eeprom basically allows for game data to be saved even after turning off the system and then restored the next time you play the game.

• 7 months later...

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of the Maxflash Studio Software which is now at v2.9. I see that Steve has now added support for dumping "Activision banked cartridges (64kB)" as well as an interestingly named new feature, "Start Connection Assistance LED". I've asked Steve what this feature does over in the AtariMax forums but thought I'd also ask the question here in case someone knows.

• Like 1

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of the Maxflash Studio Software which is now at v2.9. I see that Steve has now added support for dumping "Activision banked cartridges (64kB)"

Interesting. Steve didn't contact me about this. Perhaps Albert actually knows more about this story...