IGNORED

gone

Austin

I think it's a good game, but $80 worth? I think there are better shooters on the DC and Saturn in the same price range that I'll enjoy more. Sturmwind to me has a bunch of design quirks typical of Euro shooting games I don't really care for, like boring enemy patterns/layouts and foreground objects that blend with the backgrounds. It also has some odd music design choices, like starting out with a trance track, then going to something chiptune in style on the second level that doesn't really fit with the game at all. I'd rather play Giga Wing, Mars Matrix, Ikaruga, or something like that and I'd rather have those in my (now small) DC collection. :)

Maybe someone that feels those are too hard will be up for trading for Sturmwind? We'll see.

Edited by Austin

Sturwind can be summed up like this...

If you like the Gradius series, you will LOVE it!

If you do not like Gradius, you will admire the efforts of a small developer but politely trade it for something else ;)

Just my opinion, for a homebrew though, this game is very good.

I thought the LE was out of print? I got $150 for mine on ebay?

• Like 1

Sturwind can be summed up like this...

If you like the Gradius series, you will LOVE it!

If you do not like Gradius, you will admire the efforts of a small developer but politely trade it for something else ;)

Just my opinion, for a homebrew though, this game is very good.

I thought the LE was out of print? I got $150 for mine on ebay?

Yeah, the prices are dumb on eBay but the store on the Red Spot Games website (publisher) says it is in-stock.

• Like 1

That's crazy. Are people buying it on ebay for that amount? "A fool and his money..."

For those who love Gradius, as CC said, it's a great buy. This was one of my few pre-orders in the past decade.

Yeah, I pre ordered both the regular and the limited edition. Saw that the LE's were fetching a lot of coin so I kept my regular and popped the LE on Ebay. This was right around the time the game was released though so maybe they ended up having more stock/etc..

Edited by Crazy Climber

No Krakor plushie?

Nope.. The Krakor doesn't come with the standard LE pack. It seems for a little while there on eBay though they were bundling it with LE packs as a bonus, but not any longer from what I can tell. It is listed separately for 25 Euro on the Red Spot Games website but is sold out at the moment.

Edited by Austin

Bump for adding Knuckles Chaotix (32X, CIB), Ninja Ryukenden (Famicom, cart only), and Excitebike (NES, cart only). I am considering listing my copy of Redux: Dark Matters, but I'm not sure. Potentially Trizeal as well if anyone is interested in it.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1

I added Konami Arcade Advance for the GBA and REDUX: Dark Matters for the Dreamcast. Thinking about listing my Last Hope: Pink Bullets for the Dreamcast. If anyone's interested, let me know.

**Edit: I went ahead and added Pink Bullets. I'll try to get some photos of these later today. They are all in excellent condition, each originally bought new/sealed within the last year.

Edited by Austin

• 3 weeks later...