IGNORED

An 80-column MENU program

atrax27407

For those of you using a RAMdisk, there is now an English version of the 80-column MENU program on the SNUG web site. "Disk Directory" displays up to three columns of programs and "Display File" is also in 80-columns. MENU also adds another page of program options. Go to the SNUG site, HRD16 card, and download HRDM739e.

According to the SNUG site, .P99 is a TIFILES header. Also, Harald says that there is NO SGCPU specific code. It should work fine with an 80-column card, and 32K. A clock is not mandatory but it is nice.

I have mine installed on a system with: AVPC Card (80-column), SNUG HSGPL Card, Horizon RAMdisk, 1 Meg SAMS Card (32K on board), a 3-MEG SNUG HRD16, TI RS232. and a SNUG BWG Disk Controller. It works just fine!

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect that the program also requires the Snug version of the Ramdisk, as it resets to the title screen on my system with a Horizon 4000.

It probably checks for the Snug Ramdisk in a similar manner in which the HRD Save program does, as that also resets to the title screen.

It would be nice to have versions of both that run on the original Horizons.

Gazoo

He's using an F18A. I suspect the program requires the additional VDP memory of the 9938/9958.

It probably checks for the Snug Ramdisk in a similar manner in which the HRD Save program does, as that also resets to the title screen.

Some, but not all programs written for the 9938/58's work with the F18A, so I'm not sure if VDP memory is the limitation in this case. It would be nice if we could disable the checking feature, if it exists, to verify if the program could be re-tasked for the majority of modern day TI'ers with F18A's.

Some, but not all programs written for the 9938/58's work with the F18A, so I'm not sure if VDP memory is the limitation in this case. It would be nice if we could disable the checking feature, if it exists, to verify if the program could be re-tasked for the majority of modern day TI'ers with F18A's.

Logic tells us that there is indeed a checking feature. I tested it on my Snug system, which has an AVPC (like Atrax does), along with SGCPU and HSGPL cards. The difference is the type of Ramdisk in our systems. Atrax has a Snug HRD and I have a Horizon 4000.

Gazoo

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the update. I was wondering about this and if anything would ever come of it. The TI has evolved past the point, with the F18A, where an 80 column menu system with more selections per screen is NEEDED. With the future release of the Myarc clone, it'll be crucial (IMHO).

Just keep in mind that many of the tried and true productivity (and other) software packages were created 20+ years ago. In rare cases we have compilable source code; in most cases, the source code is unavailable.

The desired outcome will usually require a newly written program or a disassembled/patched update. And of course, if there are no existing or new programmers with the desire to make changes, the status quo remains.

Those of us actively programming have limits on what we can (or want to) re-create. Sadly, even my own personal projects seem to spawn their own rabbit holes these days... ;)