IGNORED

Poll: Atari 7800 vs. NES (Ms. Pac-Man)

thetallguy24

Atari 7800 vs. NES (Ms. Pac-Man)  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite version of Ms. Pac-Man?

• 7800 (Original version)
    • 7800 (Pac-Man Collection version)
    • NES (Tengen version)
    • NES (Namco version)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Have to say Original 7800 version. Never cared for the way Namco handled Pacman or Ms Pacman on the NES. And I have the Genesis version, which seems to be the same as the Tengen NES (simultaneous 2-play is a blast! and THE reason to own the NES-Tengen or Genesis version), but I never liked the scrolling on these. Haven't looked into the PMC, I'll have to do that.

• Like 1

I don't know which one it is, but the only reason I liked the NES Ms. Pac Man was because of two player simultaneous play. But the Genesis version does the same thing and looks vastly better. Even though the Genny's graphics are redone to look 2.5D it still looks closer to Ms Pac than the NES one does. The look of both Pac Man and Ms. Pac Man on the NES just bugs me.

So, if I want two player simultaneous, Genesis version. But for anything else, 7800 Pac-Man Collection.

The original 7800 is good, but I think I prefer PMC better.

I always hated the Genesis and NES versions. I really, really, really do not like scrolling for my Pac games. I want to see the full board like I do in the arcades, how hard is that? They could do it for Pac-Man, so why not Ms. Pac-Man?

First off, I own all of these. Secondly, I don't think it's fair to pit modern homebrews against classic period releases. As for the joystick vs gamepad arguement, it's moot. Players can chose any controller they want, pad or joystick. I can play NES using an Advantage joystick, or my own custom creation, or I can play the 7800 using a modified NES pad.

So I voted Tengen Pacman NES. It's got the most options to any classic version of Ms Pacman, and the 16-bit ports for the Genesis and SNES are based on this version.

But the PMP Pacman Collection is awesome. There's also a Crazy Otto hack, too!

7800 Pac-Man Collection is my favorite.

Also I love 7800 Ms. Pac-Man 320, I think is a great absence in this poll since it is possible to vote for the NES Tengen version. ;)

How do I go about getting a cart of ms pacman 320?.....I've never seen it in the AtariAge store.....also, I assume that a pokey or hokey chip is used for the sound......And the graphics look great.....I need this.

How do I go about getting a cart of ms pacman 320?.....I've never seen it in the AtariAge store.....also, I assume that a pokey or hokey chip is used for the sound......And the graphics look great.....I need this.

I need games like BBCC to SCAA to Pac320. Have to keep our eyes out. Also froggie and flappy bird!! Oh and someday toki hopefully. And..like 5 other wip unreleased games whenever they are done. From Kens tetris game to Bobs defender and halloween game. There are tons of games to keep the 7800 alive!! Probable way more now than being released back in the day.

• Like 1

I need games like BBCC to SCAA to Pac320. Have to keep our eyes out. Also froggie and flappy bird!! Oh and someday toki hopefully. And..like 5 other wip unreleased games whenever they are done. From Kens tetris game to Bobs defender and halloween game. There are tons of games to keep the 7800 alive!! Probable way more now than being released back in the day.

Whoops forgot Pactron hopefully with joystick coupler!!!

If I'm limited to original retail releases only, it's 7800 Ms. Pac-Man for me. Having the game scroll vertically changes it quite a bit in my strategy and planning. I find the sound effects in the NES Tengen port reminds me more of the Arcade game Crush Roller/Make Trax than Arcade Ms. Pac-Man. The NES Namco port...Double Y's...Yikes and Yuck.

If including all releases under the 7800 and NES, then, it's Ms. Pac-Man under 7800 Pac-Man Collection for me.

If over-looking the change in gameplay to include screen scrolling, then it's 7800 Ms. Pac-Man 320.

• Like 1

Ms. Pac-Man is reason enough to own the 7800, and I prefer the original to the PMC version because it seems a bit faster, though I LOVE the Plus mode. Anyway, I hold a strong distaste for the Tengen NES, Genesis, and SNES versions with their screen scrolling. If it ain't Jr., don't scroll my Pac-Man!!

I guess for me all of Tengen's bells and whistles (multiplayer, tons and tons of different screens, different game modes) outweigh the scrolling thing for me.

The 7800 version is probably a better "pure" Ms. Pac-Man, but the somewhat muted colors and pinkish reds are kind of turn-offs. Still a great game, though.

I never count homebrews in these "vs." discussions, since it simply isn't a fair fight.

I never even heard of Ms. Pac-Man 320 before this thread. Where/when did that come from?