IGNORED

COLLECTORVISION - Official Thread for PRINCESS QUEST

Rev

Did everyone that's recieved their copies already get an email confirmation it was shipped? I haven't seen anything yet on my end

No body got any confirmation. Yes I start shipping on Friday a few orders and plan on shipping during the next 2 weeks :)

I still didn't get the boxes for the CBS version, so this is also coming!! Thank you all!!

• Like 1

Holy toledo, Oscar and crew have done it again!

Pleasant surprise popped up in the mailbox Saturday. Had a "quick" go at it before work Sunday morning and lemme tell you, this game does not disappoint! Appreciate that it's not quite as relentless as the Colecovision version and that's a good thing especially when you consider the not_so_tactile side button action of an Intellivision controller. ;)

Upon my very first try, got up to level 3 (yes, it's a very long level!) and finished with a score of 51,870.

• Like 1

I was going to touch on the Intellivision missing these types of platformer games and it still is when you think of the Mario games. Perhaps the Princess Quest engine could be tweaked into something more like Princess Rescue Quest. Instead of collecting coins though, could be C&D orders. :lol:

• Like 3

I finally got this game.

This is one tough game. I made it to level 4, the cave level. That Lightning Armor still likes to take my lives away. I was thinking that the crosses in the Colecovision were the key to make the golden armor appear to make this boss fight easier. Instead, the armor appeared earlier in the level in this version.

Level 4 is pretty difficult when everything takes many hits to kill with the initial weapon. It's very easy to die in this game, and I think some of the obstructable like water droplet were too fast to dodge. At least I can stop and take out enemies til their delicious bloody heart restores some of my health.

Now my finger and thumb must recover, and I'll try again. *dips them into a mini spa.* Great game though.

• Like 3

I received my copy. Everything looks great. Thanks for putting this game out. My one critique is I wish the box was made of thicker card stock. It is so fragile. Also those notches on the flap of the box make it impossible to open without bending the top all up. Maybe this can be addressed in newer game releases.

Received mine yesterday. Great job on this--both the game and packaging.

I like the Colecovision version a hair better, but this conversion is as close as I believe one can get for the Intellivision and it is yet another game that pushes the system to new limits.

Have made it to the third level twice now, but not to the third boss. I like this level best in the game so far but I'm starting to get the nagging suspicion there's no end to it. Seems longer than the first two combined.

You need enough faith to see third boss ;) i.e. crosses, pause the game to see how many you have.

And that second boss...yeeeeeesh. I have only been able to kill it using a special weapon picked up about halfway through that level. Even then, my "fire" finger wants to cramp up after killing it.

And what is the deal with some areas that look to be impossible to get to? There is one area on the second level that looks to be especially intriguing as it is isolated at the top of the screen and has a bit of ladder hanging down. There are also some straggly red lines hanging from it (vines?) but you can't seem to climb those. Am I missing something here or are these just window decoration?

No way to reach some of these, just candy for eyes ;)

• Like 1

I received my copy. Everything looks great. Thanks for putting this game out. My one critique is I wish the box was made of thicker card stock. It is so fragile. Also those notches on the flap of the box make it impossible to open without bending the top all up. Maybe this can be addressed in newer game releases.

I use a thin metal object to carefully unhook the tabs at the top. Blunt edge of a small knife works, or one of the metal slot covers from the back of a PC. (Gee, why would one of those be on my desk?)

• Like 2

I received my two copies of Princess Quest today, along with my two copies of Flapee Bird. They were all shipped in one box. This is different from Sydney Hunter and Space Raid, which were shipped separately. I like this shipping method better. The game boxes look great, by the way. Especially Princess Quest. :)

• Like 1