IGNORED

Imagic Wing War

PeBo

OK so I get that this title was completed and set for release, but that it never made it to cartridge (correct??)

I have a disk based copy that is the prototype (has the multi-colour dragon with no animation). That version is incomplete, and as such is unplayable (you eventually get to levels that are just corrupted graphics).

I also have a standard Classic99 C/G romset which seems to be the completed software (with the animated black dragon).

Anyway, I am really impressed by this last piece of Imagic software for the 99 (except for Fathom, all Imagic TI games are absolutely outstanding), and would love to try the final "release" on my actual 4A, so I'm wondering if the final version exists as a disk rip or a v9t9 file, or if I'm stuck playing the roms under an emulator.

You do have the additional option of taking those ROM/GROM files and installing them on an UberGROM board. Then you'd have an old-school Wing War cartridge of your very own. This type of thing was actually one of my original use-cases for the UberGROM board.

Edited by Ksarul

I hope to have that skillset someday, but alas I currently remain eprom-burning knowledge-challenged (although I am amassing quite the collection of "disposable" cartridges for the sole purpose of eventually harvesting the cases for such a time as I am moderately less stupid..

Once I've had a chance to test Tursi's UberGROM loader (my primary hobby computer bit it this weekend, Im waiting on some parts to get back in operation) it will be a lot easier, as then any of us building UberGROMs can build standardized cartridges (though the works of cartridge art that Gazoo did with his software suites will still be above-and-beyond actions). I'm still learning that skillset myself--so I understand your learning curve issue :) :) :)

Well as a graphic-designer by training/original trade, I'd be more than happy to lend an assist in that regard...

After all isn't the very definition of "community" the ability to recognize and make use of each others' skillsets??

Now if only someone could get a hold of some Joust or Stargate roms as well, some sweatshop-coders' visions could actually see the light of day 30 years later

Once I've had a chance to test Tursi's UberGROM loader (my primary hobby computer bit it this weekend, Im waiting on some parts to get back in operation) it will be a lot easier, as then any of us building UberGROMs can build standardized cartridges (though the works of cartridge art that Gazoo did with his software suites will still be above-and-beyond actions). I'm still learning that skillset myself--so I understand your learning curve issue :) :) :)

If anyone wants 1284p and 29f040 files to make an ubergrom cart copy of a standard cart, I can create them relatively easily. Just let me know the cart you want or better yet send me a grom/rom dump and I'll put it in the proper format.

Gazoo

If you do that, I'll ask that you please only distribute the AVR side code that I released. I know at one point you talked about modifying it to disable the powerup routine - that's in there for a reason and can be disabled with a configuration switch in the EEPROM (which, importantly, can be undone). For your cart, that was single use, it's fine, but for standard carts, please don't disable functionality.