Photo

Black Lamp

34 replies to this topic

#26 Tweety OFFLINE  

Tweety

Moonsweeper

• 414 posts

Posted Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:59 PM

I now use an old Dual G4 PowerPC Mac with OSX10.5.8, my dual G5 PPC Mac had an hard disc crash last week.

I'm trying to get hold of an newer computer iMac, but money is always short :) maybe in a few month.

Hoping that Cyrano Jones has an website with these conversions, then I'll have a lot to download when a new computer arrives.

But still, nothing beats it by playing it on the Jag machine itself.

#27 sh3-rg OFFLINE  

sh3-rg

River Patroller

• 3,397 posts
  • doge + tie = dothemath

Posted Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:11 PM

I now use an old Dual G4 PowerPC Mac with OSX10.5.8, my dual G5 PPC Mac had an hard disc crash last week.

I'm trying to get hold of an newer computer iMac, but money is always short :) maybe in a few month.

Hoping that Cyrano Jones has an website with these conversions, then I'll have a lot to download when a new computer arrives.

The D-Bug site links to all the AA threads where the binaries live:

http://dbug.kicks-as...2JAG/ST2JAG.php

#28 NeoGeoNinja OFFLINE  

NeoGeoNinja

Dragonstomper

• 825 posts

Posted Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:15 PM

No man. Apple Mac G5... just DON'T do it! They really were pants. So unreliable and they really didn't live up to the hype.

G4's were amazing for their time and, although the 'hardcore' Mac User groaned, 'going' Intel was the best thing Apple ever did.

Macs have become full on flying machines ever since.

But G5's were always grim.

Maybe one day, I can find someone technically inclined enough to convert my iMac G4 "lamp" into a modern Intel Mac? Now that would be cool :cool:

#29 Tweety OFFLINE  

Tweety

Moonsweeper

• 414 posts

Posted Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:59 PM

The D-Bug site links to all the AA threads where the binaries live:

http://dbug.kicks-as...2JAG/ST2JAG.php

Alright, I will keep that in mind. :thumbsup:

Maybe one day, I can find someone technically inclined enough to convert my iMac G4 "lamp" into a modern Intel Mac? Now that would be cool :cool:

I heard that there are people that build an Mac Mini into the "lamp"  maybe that's an idea?

#30 Gunstar OFFLINE  

Gunstar

Gunstar

• 10,249 posts

Posted Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:11 PM

funny, i never played this game on an ST, i have the Atari 8-bit version, and after trying this out on the Jag, I find the 8-bit version to be graphically superior over-all!

#31 Felyx OFFLINE  

Felyx

Dragonstomper

• 626 posts
  • Location:Angers, France, Europe, planet Earth, Solar System, Universe

Posted Sun Mar 1, 2015 8:33 AM

Awaited for a long time, please find below some deco:

DVD box art:

5Xln.jpg

CD cover: f3nN.jpg

#32 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 4,602 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Sun Mar 1, 2015 2:59 PM

Thanks Felyx. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

#33 Felyx OFFLINE  

Felyx

Dragonstomper

• 626 posts
  • Location:Angers, France, Europe, planet Earth, Solar System, Universe

Posted Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:00 AM

Thanks Travis

Note that the CD cover has a very unique feature: this is the only one where you can see Cyrano caressed by a jester  :D

#34 NeoGeoNinja OFFLINE  

NeoGeoNinja

Dragonstomper

• 825 posts

Posted Wed Mar 4, 2015 6:31 PM

funny, i never played this game on an ST, i have the Atari 8-bit version, and after trying this out on the Jag, I find the 8-bit version to be graphically superior over-all!

Sorry to be a kill-joy, but this version looks horrendous by comparison... imo.

#35 Gunstar OFFLINE  

Gunstar

Gunstar

• 10,249 posts

Posted Thu Mar 5, 2015 8:59 AM

Sorry to be a kill-joy, but this version looks horrendous by comparison... imo.

I know that the 8-bit graphics are a bit busy and ugly when in the interior screens of the game, but when you get to the outside levels with the walls, fences, trees and buildings it looks much better to me than the ST version. Also little things, like the lamps themselves look better, the characters looks about the same, though slightly more defined in the ST version due to higher res graphics, but that's why I said "better over all."

But everyone has an opinion about "art", but as an artist I will stick to my own judgments on what looks "horrendous,"

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users