Flashback Raspberry Pi

209 replies to this topic

#201 Duglor OFFLINE  

Duglor

Space Invader

• 27 posts

Posted Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:52 PM

Hi.

The atari2600 and colecovision will sometimes freeze while playing. I don't know why it does this. To resume the game in Atari2600 is to press button 7 and for Colecovision, buttons 0andor 9 and sometimes that will reset the game as well. This doesn't always happen, sometimes the game just resumes.

When i hit f1 while in the the tg16 emulator . Quick menu controller config  says that controller 1 and 2 are mapped to pce controllers. There is no option to change this to retropad /gamepad. That's probably why the tg16 doesn't work at all with the intellivison controllers. It only works with the keyboard.

I'm using the coleco turbo hacked rom. thanks for that.

So that's what's going on.  The intellivision emulation is flawless. Thanks Todd.  Mr. Me, I wish someone as clever as yourself lived near me in Los Angeles. I could just bring the thing over to him/her and hope they can update the thing to retropie 4 and customize it for my controllers. But lacking that, I hope you/me/we/us can figure how to fix these minor problems. I thank you very much even if we do not.

sincerely, Douglas duglor@gmail.com

-Doug

#202 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

Stargunner

• 1,980 posts

Posted Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:23 AM

If keypad 7 or another single keypad button pauses the Atari 2600 emulator then the unexpected pauses might be from a hardware issue with the controller itself. Didn't know flashback controllers also had that problem. If that is the case maybe you could reconfigure pause to be one of the combo buttons. Or use a regular USB gamepad. The same might be happening with coleco vision not sure. With Turbografx16, have you tried configuring the controller with the Retroarch setup? That might take care of msx as well. A new Retropie version might make it easier to setup Retroarch controllers but probably wont solve your problems. If you get another sd card you can try the latest retropie without touching your current setup.

#203 Duglor OFFLINE  

Duglor

Space Invader

• 27 posts

Posted Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:15 AM

Ok....i had troubles with this and it was repaired by someone else. I think. Everything works with the keyboard..but the flashback intellivision controllers/gamepads are not recognized. Gamepads not detected.  Could something have gotten disconnected inside the flashback? I don't understand. The flashback intv controllers are not working with the intellivision emulation. I currently have the system set up for atari 2600, colecovision, intellivision and atari 7800. I almost always play the intellivision emulation.

Be well everyone. I hope someone can figure this out. The Intellivision controllers do not work with anything now. They are not detected.

-Doug

it also doesn't recognize the intv controllers with the atari 7800  emulation retroarch menu. Just the keyboard again.

Edited by Duglor, Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:16 AM.

#204 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

Stargunner

• 1,980 posts

Posted Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:57 AM

Unplug any other usb game controllers. Exit to the command line (f4). And test the usb/port adapter with the following.

jstest /dev/input/js0

Edit:
What was repaired?

Edited by mr_me, Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:10 AM.

#205 Duglor OFFLINE  

Duglor

Space Invader

• 27 posts

Posted Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:22 AM

It's fixed. I had to open up the bottom and reconnect the loose usb end that went to the controllers.

all is dandy :D

Thanks again for the fast reply Mr. Me.

#206 classicist OFFLINE  

classicist

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:44 PM

Byte Knight upgraded an Intellivision Flashback for me and I can’t overstate how impressed I am with both the design and execution.  I realized, however, that I prefer to play these games on original hardware.  Consequently, I would like to offer my Ultimate INTV Flashback for sale at $179.00, which equates to my cost of $30 for the Flashback plus $149.00 for the upgrade.  I will pay the cost of Priority Mail shipping to a US address.  Something this nice ought to belong to someone who will use it more frequently than I.  Please send me a PM if interested. 

#207 ColecoJoe OFFLINE  

ColecoJoe

Star Raider

• 64 posts

Posted Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:51 PM

I just got another Flashback from Byte Knight, this time an Intellivision Flashback and as usual, great service, very friendly and helpful AND super fast turnaround! If you're still on the fence, let me help you out and push you off :)

#208 zetastrike OFFLINE  

zetastrike

Moonsweeper

• 288 posts

Posted Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:15 PM

I got my Flashback from Byte Knight and it's awesome.  I sold my Intellivision earlier this year and now I can enjoy it again and then some.  

There is one thing, I accidentally reconfigured the button mapping for an original colecovision controller (my INTV FB also has the the CV emulator installed as well) and now I can't control anything with it.  Does anyone know how I can reconfigure it back to normal?

#209 Byte Knight OFFLINE  

Byte Knight

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,022 posts
  • Robinett Rules!

Posted Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:50 PM

There is one thing, I accidentally reconfigured the button mapping for an original colecovision controller (my INTV FB also has the the CV emulator installed as well) and now I can't control anything with it.  Does anyone know how I can reconfigure it back to normal?

PM sent with the fix!

#210 phyfutima OFFLINE  

phyfutima

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:27 PM

I got the Ultimate Intellivision FB second-hand from classicist, and it's great, the games play exactly how I remember them from my original Intellivision except now on a bigger, better TV! Thanks classicist, and of course Byte Knight. Also thanks Trade-N-Games for getting a bunch of original overlays to me for a good price.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users