IGNORED

Anyone interested in Gyruss coin-op?

Atari8bitCarts

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE the music in that game! It's excellent. One of the few arcade to NES ports that wasn't screwed up! My wife is extremely good at that game. We got a Games Family 60 in 1 that has it, although the original is always best! Good fortune with that sale.

Gyruss isn't that rare. I've seen a few over the last few years here in Florida.

It is a great game however and I miss the bootleg one I had and sold a few months ago.

ok, send me some links. I can't find it anywhere under that amount. If you find it at all. I love when people say they know of something found cheaper but don't add the information or links.

I really don't care how much it is worth, but I do care on facts. It appears a hard one to find, especially in good shape. I expected to see many on eBay, nope. I searched google, nope.

That's why I said hard to come by. It's a great game. And a nice cabinet that is slightly different than the rest. I was hoping to find someone close that loved it.

I love DK, so I always had one, in one shape or another.

If you're curious about collector prices, Jon Jamshid maintains a nice list. These aren't retail, and it doesn't mean you can't find someone that'll pay more, but it's what well connected, well informed collectors will typically pay. Condition is obviously everything, but Jon has a typical, working example at $350.

http://www.arcade-classics.com/exidy_arcade_price_guide.html

If you're curious about collector prices, Jon Jamshid maintains a nice list. These aren't retail, and it doesn't mean you can't find someone that'll pay more, but it's what well connected, well informed collectors will typically pay. Condition is obviously everything, but Jon has a typical, working example at $350.

http://www.arcade-classics.com/exidy_arcade_price_guide.html

Thanx, a good starting place.

The price of a game is really dependent upon the market, and with collectibles how bad they want it, as compared to how many are available.

eBay today, none. eBay a month ago, none. I really expected to see dozens.

A few arcade forums, none for sale. That I could find. Owners that wouldn't give them up.

EBay: I see one not working went for 199.00. Another sold off eBay for somewhere around 400.00. Another was listed for 2,200 but ended.

If someone wants it, just PM me and tell me what is a fair price then. I can get some pictures for them. It's been in a basement of my sister in law, and as far as I can she might be the second owner. It's become available since I converted (partial restore) her Ms. Pacman into a 60 in 1 with trackball addition.

Thanx again.

ok, send me some links. I can't find it anywhere under that amount. If you find it at all. I love when people say they know of something found cheaper but don't add the information or links.

I really don't care how much it is worth, but I do care on facts. It appears a hard one to find, especially in good shape. I expected to see many on eBay, nope. I searched google, nope.

That's why I said hard to come by. It's a great game. And a nice cabinet that is slightly different than the rest. I was hoping to find someone close that loved it.

I never mentioned a price as you are free to ask whatever you want. I was just saying that Gyruss is a fairly common game, one we see for sale in Florida every few months. That doesn't detract from the game, its a damn fun game and some day I'll probably buy another one.. only that its not something I would classify as overly rare. It's not a Wacko or even a Sinistar in that regards.

Good luck with your sale.

I never mentioned a price as you are free to ask whatever you want. I was just saying that Gyruss is a fairly common game, one we see for sale in Florida every few months. That doesn't detract from the game, its a damn fun game and some day I'll probably buy another one.. only that its not something I would classify as overly rare. It's not a Wacko or even a Sinistar in that regards.

Good luck with your sale.

yea sure I understand.

I really expected to see ads for them everywhere (or at least more than 2 in the country), and was surprised to see some of the arcade forums (the few that hit top on google search) asking for them, or stating they wouldn't sell the one they had. :)

I agree with you, it seems most everyone gets a cab. cheaper than me. And they post that they did. Funny thing is, unless you are VERY lucky the prices are no where near what people posting are getting them for. I live Warren and I scour every KLOV, Craigslist, and E-Bay listing that is within roughly 500 miles of me and almost never do these sweet deals come up.

I agree with you, it seems most everyone gets a cab. cheaper than me. And they post that they did. Funny thing is, unless you are VERY lucky the prices are no where near what people posting are getting them for. I live Warren and I scour every KLOV, Craigslist, and E-Bay listing that is within roughly 500 miles of me and almost never do these sweet deals come up.

With arcade games it all depends on your area. I know I've heard from people in the Pacific Northwest before and pickings are slim for whatever reason. It probably has something to do with the density of the Coin-Op business in your region in the 80s and 90s. That's why say I wouldn't pay more than $200ish for a Centipede whilst other parts of the country would consider one at twice that a bargain.

We're lucky in Florida because obviously tourism is one of our major industries. Hence there were probably more arcade machines down here than most states and even after the arcades dried up there are still a large number floating around which keeps supply high.

Unfortunately as time progresses games are going to be scarcer and scarcer across the board as what few ops are left have already sold out all the games sitting in storage and retired.

Edited by number six

With arcade games it all depends on your area. I know I've heard from people in the Pacific Northwest before and pickings are slim for whatever reason. It probably has something to do with the density of the Coin-Op business in your region in the 80s and 90s. That's why say I wouldn't pay more than $200ish for a Centipede whilst other parts of the country would consider one at twice that a bargain.

We're lucky in Florida because obviously tourism is one of our major industries. Hence there were probably more arcade machines down here than most states and even after the arcades dried up there are still a large number floating around which keeps supply high.

Unfortunately as time progresses games are going to be scarcer and scarcer across the board as what few ops are left have already sold out all the games sitting in storage and retired.

No one is saying that "finds" aren't out there.

But that isn't the norm.

$200 for an "in great condition, working" coin-op is a "find".

Most that are mentioned in this post as $100's coin-op's don't exist without them being in poor condition.

Anyone can find one cheap when they don't work, have water damage, screen broke, cabinet a mess, etc..

Or have a relative in need of getting it out of their basement for space. :)

Show me a $200 or less Centipede in good working condition, regardless of location. And not to mention that is a common coin-op to boot.

No one is saying that "finds" aren't out there.

But that isn't the norm.

$200 for an "in great condition, working" coin-op is a "find".

Most that are mentioned in this post as $100's coin-op's don't exist without them being in poor condition.

Anyone can find one cheap when they don't work, have water damage, screen broke, cabinet a mess, etc..

Or have a relative in need of getting it out of their basement for space. :)

Show me a $200 or less Centipede in good working condition, regardless of location. And not to mention that is a common coin-op to boot.

Not necessarily. I've owned Centipedes that were in relatively nice shape (not mint but not bad by a stretch) that worked fine that I paid $200ish for. Last one I had was a cocktail that I sold for $250 when I got a Teamplay for about $300ish. I'm not saying that's representative across the country.. good luck finding one for that price in say more rural parts of the midwest. Once again it's supply and demand.

And I've got plenty of arcade machines that were $100 in decent working shape. That obviously may not be true of every area but I can vouch that at least for Florida its very possible to get working games cheap if you keep your eyes open and aren't too picky on titles.

Not necessarily. I've owned Centipedes that were in relatively nice shape (not mint but not bad by a stretch) that worked fine that I paid $200ish for. Last one I had was a cocktail that I sold for $250 when I got a Teamplay for about $300ish. I'm not saying that's representative across the country.. good luck finding one for that price in say more rural parts of the midwest. Once again it's supply and demand.

And I've got plenty of arcade machines that were $100 in decent working shape. That obviously may not be true of every area but I can vouch that at least for Florida its very possible to get working games cheap if you keep your eyes open and aren't too picky on titles.

Are these advertised games (the ones for $100) or the "$200ish" Centipede cabs, that I assume are working? If so, please link these deals, I want to see this with my own eyes.

Are these advertised games (the ones for $100) or the "$200ish" Centipede cabs, that I assume are working? If so, please link these deals, I want to see this with my own eyes.

Here's Centipedes at our local auctions the last few years:

2012 Auction Davie - centipede - $200

2011 Auction Odessa - Centipede $150

2010 Auction Orlando - Centipede Caberet $200

2009 Auction Orlando - Centipede $225

2009 Auction Orlando - Centipede $150

2008 Auction Orlando - Centipede $250

Source: http://arcadeflorida.com/index.php/component/search/?searchword=centipede&searchphrase=all&Itemid=473

Here's a few games I bought last year (as in 2014)

Double Dragon ($125) : http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t467/numsixof1/Games%20for%20Sale/0720141057_zpsc4ee20bb.jpg

World Series Baseball ($100) : http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t467/numsixof1/Games%20for%20Sale/0720141055c_zps8a34b34e.jpg

Double Dragon 2 ($150) : http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/numsixof1/media/Games%20for%20Sale/0720141057g_zps22f058b9.jpg.html?sort=3&o=16

Commando ($150) : http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/numsixof1/media/Games%20for%20Sale/0724141840_zps19d9daa1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

Arkanoid ($175) : http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/numsixof1/media/Games%20for%20Sale/0724141843_zps34f9b0d7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

Golden Tee ($100): http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/numsixof1/media/Games%20for%20Sale/0724141843_zps34f9b0d7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

I needed games for a rental deal so i went on a buying spree, this is only some of the games I got.

.. i could go on but its kinda pointless.

Once again this isn't to say these are typical in all areas but I've been doing this for 20 years and i've never had a problem finding games for $100-$200. Back in the 90s you could get games pretty reliably for under $100 at auction, but that was a long time ago.

Here's Centipedes at our local auctions the last few years:

2012 Auction Davie - centipede - $200

2011 Auction Odessa - Centipede $150

2010 Auction Orlando - Centipede Caberet $200

2009 Auction Orlando - Centipede $225

2009 Auction Orlando - Centipede $150

2008 Auction Orlando - Centipede $250

Source: http://arcadeflorida.com/index.php/component/search/?searchword=centipede&searchphrase=all&Itemid=473

Here's a few games I bought last year (as in 2014)

Double Dragon ($125) : http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t467/numsixof1/Games%20for%20Sale/0720141057_zpsc4ee20bb.jpg

World Series Baseball ($100) : http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t467/numsixof1/Games%20for%20Sale/0720141055c_zps8a34b34e.jpg

Double Dragon 2 ($150) : http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/numsixof1/media/Games%20for%20Sale/0720141057g_zps22f058b9.jpg.html?sort=3&o=16

Commando ($150) : http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/numsixof1/media/Games%20for%20Sale/0724141840_zps19d9daa1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

Arkanoid ($175) : http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/numsixof1/media/Games%20for%20Sale/0724141843_zps34f9b0d7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

Golden Tee ($100): http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/numsixof1/media/Games%20for%20Sale/0724141843_zps34f9b0d7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

I needed games for a rental deal so i went on a buying spree, this is only some of the games I got.

.. i could go on but its kinda pointless.

Once again this isn't to say these are typical in all areas but I've been doing this for 20 years and i've never had a problem finding games for $100-$200. Back in the 90s you could get games pretty reliably for under $100 at auction, but that was a long time ago.

Well I guess cabs in Florida are cheap and I am jealous. Thanks for the links.

Edited by Mxyzptlk

These links don't list condition. And when I try to hit those links I get bombarded by popups and viruses. There are no prices listed, just "for sale".

Did I miss something.

And the most recent is 2012?

And Centipede is very common. I have access to a small cabinet one (same person with Gyruss), in average or less condition. Centipede's have issues, trackball's aren't cheap to replace, burnt in monitors, cigarette burns (those were the coin-op days :) ).

These links don't list condition. And when I try to hit those links I get bombarded by popups and viruses. There are no prices listed, just "for sale".

Did I miss something.

And the most recent is 2012?

And Centipede is very common. I have access to a small cabinet one (same person with Gyruss), in average or less condition. Centipede's have issues, trackball's aren't cheap to replace, burnt in monitors, cigarette burns (those were the coin-op days :) ).

Those links are games I purchased.. as in those are games I bought (for the prices listed). I sold most of them back off for about the same price, so kinda proves points both ways. The site is photobucket probably the #1 image sharing site on the 'net, if you are seeing virus pop-ups better check your PC.

You can buy an entire new trackball for about $45, if the ball and optos are OK chances are you just need the bearings which aren't very expensive. You can also get about any art you want for Centipede on the cheap. Its not an expensive game to maintain or restore really.