IGNORED

OT: Micro Men

Vorticon

He wasn't a supreme bastard but he did have a ferocious temper. It is said that he was very loyal to his employees and went out of his way to look after them. He had a very carefully managed public image as a boffin that designed the ZX range of computers but he actually had nothing to do with them. He actually hated computers. He saw them purely as a means to bring in money to develop the pocket TV and the C5. Later on he became obsessed with silicon wafer development.

Good luck to Clive, he may have came across as the supreme egomaniac/geek-but he was never short of models half his age hanging off of his arm.

Not bad for an ugly bald old git ;)

I recall they were only a few hundred dollars. I tried doing a quick search to find one of the old advertisements, but instead was surprised by the number of home computers had CP/M back in the day. I used CP/M on my Commodore 128D for the Small-C and COBOL compilers, at least. Rather enjoyable. There is more information on the Commodore CP/M cartridge here, including inside pictures of the expansion.

Risking moving further OT, since the CP/M module occupies the cartridge port, I wonder if it occupies both I/O banks or if it would be possible to combine a REU (RAM Expansion Unit) with the module. Probably would not know what to do with the extra RAM, anyway.

Hey don't dis the 'strads and the beebs man! That would've got you slapped at school back in the 80s ;-)

I did get slapped a few times in school in the 80s! :)

I own an amstrad and many different sinclair machines.

But never got a bbc micro or acorn box.

I was just trying to point out the TI99 also had cp/m board in fact two different ones, that added a processor to our system, all tho not as useful as the other versions like the commie (the eggshell with keys on it!) design!