IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 6 = Pitfall!

JacobZu7zu7

post-40055-0-84527400-1425265078_thumb.png

I swear I've got a suitcase somewhere containing nothing but copies of this game -- and damn if I couldn't find a single one. Stella to the rescue. Score above is a 5k boost that's a result of going to the left, which at first is like trying to drive in England without encountering a head-on collision. Never went undgerground -- lifelong fear of enormous white scorpions and a score about 50k less.

Funny, my band wrote a song about Pitfall called "Rock 'n Roll Explosion." No one knows the subject matter is a 32-year-old video game.

• Like 3

Finally back from the hospital, first time since Monday... I did play one game when it was first announced to be Pitfall, but didn't record my score because, really, who would have thought internal organs would start exploding around here ?!?

Anywho, I turned it on when I got home, and lo, you begin with 2000 points! So I just left Harry there, and I earned a participation point for the score of 2000!

I just don't have it in me to play right now...

Edited by DT Kofoed
  • Like 4

Hideous Winter around the US, but,

its a nice Winter here in FL, 67F degrees today. It seems more rainy and mild temps then usual, at least for my area...

and the leaves that fallen are starting to bloom back on a few trees in my yard :)

I'm about 4-5 hours northwest of voodoo...

Ah, Florida: the only state where the farther north you go, the more South you get ;)

• Like 1

Because based on my week-to-week standings, my total at the beginning of this week should be only 113, not 139.

Thanks Nathan!

fixed, that was my mistake. I guess I gave you a super-bonus for rd. 3 :ponder:

a spreadsheet would definitely help!

I'll get one going...

• Like 2

I just noticed you did take the same tunnel I mentioned! If I'd had more time I would have practiced those moves, dunking down the ladder to get past the barrels faster, that's awesome :grin:

as smooth as your run was, it makes me wonder - how the crap did the 5th ghost do it almost a minute faster !!? could there be a shorter route?

I gotta say y'all, I totally enjoyed Pitfall! this week, moreso than I ever did before. I've always enjoyed games with a puzzle element, as well as mapping out dungeons & what-not, so it was cool to find out this old game had great new challenges!

• Like 4

as smooth as your run was, it makes me wonder - how the crap did the 5th ghost do it almost a minute faster !!? could there be a shorter route?

I gotta say y'all, I totally enjoyed Pitfall! this week, moreso than I ever did before. I've always enjoyed games with a puzzle element, as well as mapping out dungeons & what-not, so it was cool to find out this old game had great new challenges!

That occurred to me as well.....there must be a shorter route if the 5th ghost did it a minute faster!!

I must confess, when I first saw that Pitfall was the game of the week, I was disappointed (still waiting for that elusive first shooter of the season :-D ). But it turned out to be anything but boring. I had a blast playing this week, and even surprised myself by using a dreaded map. Thanks, guys

• Like 4

Thanks Nathan!

fixed, that was my mistake. I guess I gave you a super-bonus for rd. 3 :ponder:

a spreadsheet would definitely help!

I'll get one going...

Good catch Nathan!

I should start a spreadsheet too BAZ, then we can compare ranking tables to make sure it's fully accurate! :)

• Like 2

Awesome scores everyone! :thumbsup: Many of you reached the 2 high scoring bonuses! :-o ;-)

Also a PERSONAL BEST for the MODERATOR !

and probably the first time I ever reached 100ks on the 2600 version. I spent the early minutes looking for a few underground routes, I came up with 2 or 3 before the 17:00 min mark. Reset a few times, then did the run and went down a few ladders, then I just headed left the rest of the way.... :grin:

My time this week was brief, BUT... this was the most fun I had doing a Pitfall run, and relaxing compared to Mr. Do. lol.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That occurred to me as well.....there must be a shorter route if the 5th ghost did it a minute faster!!

I must confess, when I first saw that Pitfall was the game of the week, I was disappointed (still waiting for that elusive first shooter of the season :-D ). But it turned out to be anything but boring. I had a blast playing this week, and even surprised myself by using a dreaded map. Thanks, guys

shooters have arrived ;)

• Like 1

shooters have arrived ;)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: