27 members have voted

1. 1. ..and Play! Details and links on the post below

• Food Fight
    • Alley Cat
    • Ransack
    • Mr Robot and his Robot Factory
    • Bubble Trouble

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've picked a batch of games that everyone can play (hopefully) we'll bring out more big guns for the next poll. Remember the runner up game(s) go through to the next one. Add any suggestions for future rounds to the Welcome and Games List post :)

Any problems getting things to run? Just post for help.

Poll will close Sunday ~10am

Food Fight

Surviving from Poll 2 for another chance! Probably (probably play on intermediate?)

Fandal / atarimania

food_fight.png

Alley Cat

Amazing fun multi screen shenanigans and levels up micely :grin: you need master making the big leaps onto the high bins: run then push diagonal up!

Fandal / Atarimania

alley_cat.png

Ransack

Bouncing H-shooter from last years abbuc contest. Slick game with three difficulty levels. Each level has 7? sections so should be completable. Restart points and power-ups... and downs! You can also purchase the improved limited edition of Ransack from the new Atari 8-bit Pro© magazine details and video here ;)

Fandal / Screenshots video and info on Xuel's Blog

ransack!.png

Mr.Robot and his Robot Factory

A bit easy for seasoned players but we can have some tricky bonus action with screens from the HSC management as Goochman and trbb's screens were made into Mr Robot Plus by A8 supremo Fandal :-o

MisterKerr will definitely be voting for this one ;)

Fandal / Atarimania

mr_robot_and_his_robot_factory.pngmr_robot_plus.png

Bubble Trouble

We must be due a scrub up? Manic bath dodging action!

Fandal / Atarimania

bubble_trouble.png

It does look nice, and probably plays nice, but it also looks like another trigger mashing horizontal shooter! :sleep:

Not sure my old Comp Pro can take two shooter rounds in a row!

Ransack isn't crazy firing like DropZone it's more short blasts for each wave - you can pick your shots... most of the effort is avoiding the baddies and weaker power-ups. There should be a video form the abbuc contest somewhere... here

[i've added a link on the 1st post to Xuel's blog which has all the details]

I had a couple of new comp pros (from an Amiga site) but found the white plastic pole wears down to a concave shape (and makes bits everywhere) - this causes them to lock in directions too often. I suspect the old ones used better materials.

In corner one we have "Alley Cat" with eight votes and in corner two we have "Food Fight" with eight votes. Ladies and gentleman, currently we have a tie on our hands. Charlie Chuck, I know you can do it; show 'em how hungry you are! Go, "Food Fight," go!

(Unless something drastic changes, it looks like either "Alley Cat" or "Food Fight" will make it to the third round to be voted on again.)