IGNORED

Wico Joystick question

Noah98

I bid on a 5200 Wico joystick and realized that it didn't come with the Y cable. If I win the auction, how hard might it be to find one? Are they pricey?

Also, can the joystick be used with other systems since it has a standard 9 pin connector? Would it work with a 7800 or Colecovision with both buttons? It's such a unique joystick, but I'm not sure what to do with it if I can't get a Y cable!

You may want to message the seller and see if they can look around for it if they're simply just an average every day person. You can describe it to them or send them a picture and maybe they can dig through their junk drawer, garage or wherever they may have it. If there one of these resellers they probably don't have it.

Yeah, that cable is pretty hard to find by itself. Your best bets are either making your own as bohoki suggests, or tracking down the Wico 5200 keypad, which will let you use that joystick without a Y-cable, and with a very nice keypad as well. Sadly, that keypad is kind of rare too, but it probably comes up more often by itself than the Y-cable.

I don't think that stick will work with anything other than a 5200 as it is an analog stick and wouldn't give the digital output that a 2600/7800/Colecovision would be looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

Wico's seems like are getting a little bit rare. I have seen them go from $35 to over 100. I suggest making a saved search with eBay. Every time one gets listed, they mail you. Personally, I'd stay as close to $50 for the whole set. Y-Cable should not be bought for more than $25. Bohoki makes a fine product though!

Good luck.

I'm in same boat I broke my custom y cable bohoki made. I found a 15 pin Y cable on ebay many years ago ebay I believe. Not all 15 pin cables are wired all pins active. But I found one that was. So I Can use the wico even if no y cable. I use the broken cale with missing Y part so its basicallly a 9 to 15 pin converter. And that in to in one end and the other end a good controller with keypad or my masterplay colne.

$13

Dude! Thirteen dollars?! It would have been worth the trouble of making a cable. Like Bo said, it's not hard... they're just straight connections. Now if you were to make an adapter for a gameport joystick, that'd be a little different... I think you have to add some capacitors too.

• 2 weeks later...