Photo

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

4956 replies to this topic

#4301 FUBARofPittsburgh OFFLINE  

FUBARofPittsburgh

Chopper Commander

• 130 posts

Posted Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:47 PM

Even now, post-indiegogo, the only bits we hear are how they've refocused their company name and gotten their "board of directors" together. So they have all the useless talking heads of a major corporation, but no actual product or business plan. This is exactly the opposite of what they should be doing. At this stage, anyone on the team who can't produce hardware or software is a waste of space.

Yeah, this is the most backward project I have ever seen. Don't know why they are wasting their time pushing it?

#4302 toiletunes OFFLINE  

toiletunes

River Patroller

• 3,262 posts
  • Hater Brigader

Posted Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:39 PM

because they have molds and want money.

#4303 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 15,483 posts

Posted Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:38 PM

because they have molds and want money.

So they can continue nickle and dime Jaguar fans for pretty case mods if they want. Use the cart shells for any homebrew titles that exist, which can be counted on one hand most likely.

#4304 Keatah OFFLINE  

Keatah

Quadrunner

• 18,710 posts

Posted Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:41 PM

It's simply the classic case of having something and trying to find a use for it. Sometimes landfill is the only option.

#4305 StopDrop&Retro OFFLINE  

StopDrop&Retro

Dragonstomper

• 902 posts
  • The RVGStorian

Posted Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:01 PM

Even now, post-indiegogo, the only bits we hear are how they've refocused their company name and gotten their "board of directors" together. So they have all the useless talking heads of a major corporation, but no actual product or business plan. This is exactly the opposite of what they should be doing. At this stage, anyone on the team who can't produce hardware or software is a waste of space.

Like everyone else here, I would absolutely love to be a fly on the wall at RVGS HQ (aka- Mike's garage). But staying silent until they have a working prototype to show off is the strategy they should have had from the beginning. If Mr. Herman is the guy that finally drilled that advice into Mike's thick skull then he's already earned his keep. I know it's strange to see them acting so sensibly for a change but keeping their plans to themselves until the time is right is the correct move.

I'm excited for RVGS 2.0. They should have their working prototype by then so I'm putting the onus on Mr. Herman to create a working sales pitch, a brilliant publicity/marketing strategy, and a pit to keep Mike in until the crowdfunding campaign is over.

#4306 Nathan Strum OFFLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 7,396 posts
  • Enjoying a sandwich

Posted Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:44 PM

Sometimes landfill is the only option.

Now there's an idea!

They should build up interest in the RetroVGS by starting a rumor that it's a long-lost system that was never released and was buried decades ago in a landfill somewhere in New Mexico. Then, they get a film crew to shoot a documentary about this big hunt to find it it, culminating in it finally being unburied with great drama. Then, they'll have this climactic moment in the film where they can pull this steaming pile of trash out of the landfill and say, "Behold! The RetroVGS!!" Then bag it all up, and sell it on eBay. Doesn't even have to work.

Boom. Done.

#4307 Raticon OFFLINE  

Raticon

Moonsweeper

• 363 posts
  • The ball in PONG

Posted Tue Dec 1, 2015 5:39 PM

Well, i saw that "Atari: Game Over"-movie when they dug up the games in Alamogordo and the Mayor was asked "Will you bury any more games here?" and replied something like "Sure, come here and we'll bury your game".

It would be a kind of poetic tragedy/comedy if the remains from RVGS got buried there in the end, dont you think?

#4308 Keatah OFFLINE  

Keatah

Quadrunner

• 18,710 posts

Posted Tue Dec 1, 2015 5:49 PM

..and in the future they could go on endless quests for the elusive prototype.

#4309 Gentlegamer OFFLINE  

Gentlegamer

Dragonstomper

• 840 posts

Posted Tue Dec 1, 2015 11:56 PM

Well, i saw that "Atari: Game Over"-movie when they dug up the games in Alamogordo and the Mayor was asked "Will you bury any more games here?" and replied something like "Sure, come here and we'll bury your game".

It would be a kind of poetic tragedy/comedy if the remains from RVGS got buried there in the end, dont you think?

ku-medium.gif

#4310 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 10,325 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Fri Dec 4, 2015 6:39 PM

Any updates from the RetroVGS team? I mean, besides this
http://www.urbandict...term=collectard

#4311 StopDrop&Retro OFFLINE  

StopDrop&Retro

Dragonstomper

• 902 posts
  • The RVGStorian

Posted Fri Dec 4, 2015 7:31 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Classic.

But yeah, radio silence so far. Probably the quiet before the storm....

Edited by StopDrop&Retro, Fri Dec 4, 2015 7:31 PM.

#4312 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 15,483 posts

Posted Sat Dec 5, 2015 2:46 AM

Any updates from the RetroVGS team? I mean, besides this
http://www.urbandict...term=collectard

Your post reminded me, there was a website http://www.collectard.com/ which appears to be down right now. Such a pity. I started a thread about it on nintendoage that did not end well.

http://nintendoage.c...threadid=155238

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Classic.

But yeah, radio silence so far. Probably the quiet before the storm....
Don't give up hope. Diarrhea of the mouth is not cured easily.

#4313 roland p OFFLINE  

roland p

River Patroller

• 2,395 posts
  • $23

Posted Sat Dec 5, 2015 8:58 AM

Maybe they've learned and keep silent until they have something substantial to show.

#4314 PlaysWithWolves OFFLINE  

PlaysWithWolves

Dragonstomper

• 833 posts

Posted Sun Dec 6, 2015 1:07 PM

Mike Kennedy was a guest on the latest JagBar.  Apart from a certain translucent shell on the bar, there's nothing RVGS-related.  BTB promises a full interview is yet to come, as they covered "everything from clear jag tooling to swap meet finds to the new gaming system".

#4315 InnovaX5 OFFLINE  

InnovaX5

Chopper Commander

• 172 posts

Posted Sun Dec 6, 2015 10:38 PM

All I hear is Cheer's Theme song playing when I click start for the video that Playswithwolves linked.

#4316 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 15,483 posts

Posted Sun Dec 6, 2015 11:16 PM

^^Nice product placement in the background. :D

I love pinball games...  ;-)

#4317 bretthorror OFFLINE  

bretthorror

Stargunner

• 1,410 posts

Posted Sun Dec 6, 2015 11:56 PM

As a drunkard myself, I'm kinda pissed that Mike can be a gamer and drink and have a valid opinion but the rest of use are just shitfaced dumb. :(

#4318 PlaysWithWolves OFFLINE  

PlaysWithWolves

Dragonstomper

• 833 posts

Posted Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:32 PM

I'm sure this surprises no one, but it seems they're sticking with the Jaguar case.

At least, that's what I'm presuming based on this post:  

Hey Everyone!

We are preparing to tool up again for some of our new console prototypes so I thought now would also be a good time, since the tooling will be installed and set, to see if any of you are interested in another color run of Jag console shells.  I think Translucent Red would look great.  Note:  We will not ever produce our new console in this color so it will be unique only to the Jaguar.  Another idea is to just use the T-Red top shell installed on the existing black bottom shell.  I think the contrast black and red would look cool and would be an easy retrofit.

Pricing is the same as the  clear translucent run:

$45 USA.  $56 CANADA. $64 INTERNATIONAL.  If you want multiples, please email me for a quote with combined shipping -- socalmike@gamegavel.com

Paypal to:  admin@gamegavel.com  We will make sure to ship in the order purchased.

The injection molder is quoting me 5 week delivery with the holidays so these would be mailing out around mid-January. 

These will include the clear translucent button, light pipe and spring.

- Mike

#4319 some_canuck OFFLINE  

some_canuck

Star Raider

• 87 posts

Posted Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:49 PM

tools

#4320 StopDrop&Retro OFFLINE  

StopDrop&Retro

Dragonstomper

• 902 posts
  • The RVGStorian

Posted Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:53 PM

lol, they never learn. The red top/black bottom color scheme must be the Nostalgia S.H.I.T. Commemorative Edition.

#4321 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 15,483 posts

Posted Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:03 AM

lol, they never learn. The red top/black bottom color scheme must be the Nostalgia S.H.I.T. Commemorative Edition.

My Super Retro Trio is red/black.

#4322 toiletunes OFFLINE  

toiletunes

River Patroller

• 3,262 posts
  • Hater Brigader

Posted Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:34 AM

Hey everyone! We are preparing to tool again... Note: We will not ever produce our new console... I think the contrast black and red would look cool and be an easy profit...

#4323 ninja_gaiden2015 OFFLINE  

ninja_gaiden2015

Chopper Commander

• 108 posts

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:08 AM

..... so retro vgs is now a ColecoVision??

12391452_918099551592649_905106875818576

http://www.retrovgs.com/

"the ability play brand-new games in the 8-, 16- and 32-bit styles"

who needs an FGPA when you can just buy a cheap ARM and make your game emulate a style.

Strange things are happening: the ghosts of Jaguar, Colecovision & wii haunt this machine

ht

#4324 Nathan Strum OFFLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 7,396 posts
  • Enjoying a sandwich

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:24 AM

..... so retro vgs is now a ColecoVision??

12391452_918099551592649_905106875818576

Wow. I don't even know where to start making fun of that.

#4325 IrishNerdLife OFFLINE  

IrishNerdLife

Space Invader

• 27 posts

Posted Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:28 AM

Oh God. So now they're dragging the Coleco name into this mess!! Coleco name on an Atari shell with a crap Wii controller. The RetroVGS is a like a black hole that just keeps sucking things in.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users