IGNORED

whats your rarest 2600 game you have?

segasaturn

I don't own any R10 cartridges, though I do have the box for Atari's rerelease of BMX Airmaster.

I have a couple of R9's, specifically Glib and Q*Bert's Qubes. I actually got Glib for relatively cheap, as it came in a bundle of cartridges from eBay. This was a while ago, but it was still well into the era of side deals and auctions closed due to an "error in listing". I was quite surprised, happily so, that I didn't get sniped or sidestepped.

hard to say. Possibly some of boxed Panda games, as well as some rare xonox boxed items. I also have some rare homebrew NWCGE exclusives.

On a side note, I once owned a magicard(10 years ago), but traded it for a Stadium Events, sealed Cheetahmen II, among some other things. Total investment was $100 :)

Edited by swlovinist
  • Like 1

Probably my Sunmark Magicard repro (bare board type), with repro manual, cassette interface diagram, and keyboard controller overlays. Or my copy of Princess Rescue.

For original releases, my rarest carts are probably Boing! and Smurfs Save The Day. I don't think I have anything higher than an R8.

While I have quite a number of 2600 games in my collection, my rarest aren't that rare. But I do have a loose Crazy Climber, Chase the Chuck Wagon, and Atari Video Cube carts. I also have my two Parker Bros. wip protos of Gyruss and Star Wars the Arcade Game for 2600.

• Like 1

I think I picked mine up yesterday. I usually only get stuff I want to play, rather than “collectables”. But there was one thing that was so crazy, so awesome, that I had to have it. I just never thought I’d stumble across it in person: Chuck Norris’ Superkicks.

I unironically loved both Chuck Norris and Mr. T when I was a little kid. (Remember the Karate Kommandos?) So the idea of a "Chuck Norris + Atari" video game is a perfect storm of childhood nostalgia. But I figured it was one of those I’d either order online or give up on.
I found it mislabelled in a stack of 5200 games because of its big weird casing. I was surprised when I looked it up in the AA rarity guide that it was a “5” (Rare). The game’s pretty awful, but as an artifact, I can’t beat it with anything in my collection.
My only other “5” is Private Eye, which I didn’t know was rare when I got it. I just got it because it was supposed to be fun (and it really, really is).
Is a weird Joust with a typo label (but NOT the misprint labelled in the rarity guide) all that rare? A 1986 with “Atar” on the silver label (not “Atari”), but a standard, not-PAL end label. It's not listed in the AA Rarity Guide, so I dunno how many of this particular variation are floating around.
Everybody else’s posts are a wild read, BTW. Thanks for sharing.
Edited by mikey.shake