IGNORED

whats your rarest 2600 game you have?

segasaturn

I haven't really been looking for the rarest games, partly because of associated costs. I have several games that are rarity 4 in the database, but I'm going to call "Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes" my rarest game, mostly because of the absurdity of the title!

Rares:

Bumper Bash loose. R9 according to AA.

Sealed Princess Rescue (I also have a loose "player's copy")

Custer's CIB, Beat 'em CIB.

Uncommons:

Tapper

Frogger II

Chuck Norris/Artillary Duel double Ender

Beefsteak Tomatoes

Name this Game (wierd octopus monster)

Towering Inferno

Plaque Attack

Pigs in Space

And probably a few others...

• 2 weeks later...

I had Pepsi Invaders in my collection for literally years without knowing what I had. After discovering it, I sold it last September to a very nice local Atari enthusiast.

Wow, what a find! Tell us nosey folks how much you sold it for!

Edit: my rarest is either Tooth Protectors or Spider Maze

Edited by glazball

My rarest game is Atari video cube, which is cib, and rated a 7 on AA. I thought my xonox double ender Artillery duel/cuck norris might be rarer, but it's only listed as a 5, and I just got a loose cart.

How about the starpath supercharger? It's not listed in atari's guide, I have it boxed, and the first seven games boxed.

I never know how accurate the rarity scale is. It's been posted for many years now and I don't know if Albert actually modifies it. Certain titles have shown up in moderate quantity that used to be considered rare due to warehouse finds, and also Ebay listings. I wish someone would track some of the rarest games being posted for sale for say a period of at least 1 year to see how many do show up on the market. That being said, many of the major collectors, including myself, have many R9 and R10 games, loose, if not with boxes or sealed. I see some super high prices being asked for games that should not be commanding such. Of course, these are asking prices and I don't see sales at these high prices. Either the collectors don't have the money for them, or are waiting for some better deals to come along.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Rare and uncommon : Pepsi Invaders, Swordquest-Waterworld, Crazy Climber, Quadrun, Gravitar, Rubik's Cube, Elevator Action, Saboteur, Snow White, Donald Duck's Speedboat...
And again, Frogger II, SW-Arcade, Tapper and some other...

It's since 5 or 6 years I did not buy something else :_(

VCScarts_up.jpg

• Like 2

Probably my Sunmark Magicard repro (bare board type), with repro manual, cassette interface diagram, and keyboard controller overlays. Or my copy of Princess Rescue.

For original releases, my rarest carts are probably Boing! and Smurfs Save The Day. I don't think I have anything higher than an R8.

I recently added Robin Hood and Cannon Man to my collection, both loose. Robin Hood is rated at R8, and Cannon Man is only R6, but I'm happy to have the rarest Sears text label cartridge now. :)

It is likely my copy of Sharknado that was a prototype for the game that was never released under that title. I also have a Princess Rescue CiB, but those probably aren't what this question is really about.

I think my rarest title from the original library is a loose copy of Track and Field. I don't really collect boxes, so I don't have many of those which really lowers the rarity quite a bit. I also have a loose Demolition Herby with a color label but the label is not in good shape at all.

Boing: Xonox Style - Loose
Crazy Climber: Loose
Polaris: Green Label - Loose
Espial: Boxed w/Instructions
Pengo: Silver Label - Loose
Spy Hunter: Grip Case - Loose
Tapper: Grip Case - Loose

Bump 'n' Jump: Silver Label - Boxed w/Instructions
London Blitz: Loose w/Manual
Pete Rose Baseball: Boxed w/Instructions
Snoopy and the Red Baron: Loose w/Manual
Space Shuttle: Std. Cart w/Manual and Original Overlays