IGNORED

At work today...

Muzz73

I saw a 32" Sony Trinitron CRT TV in a recycle crate, knowing fully well that it is in perfect working order and is being replaced by an LCD. I imagined any of my A8's hooked up to it and that monster staring back across the desk at me and wanted to cry. I can't take it home, or I'll get fired. Dang... :mad:

Can someone please cheer me up? :(

I saw a 32" Sony Trinitron CRT TV in a recycle crate, knowing fully well that it is in perfect working order and is being replaced by an LCD. I imagined any of my A8's hooked up to it and that monster staring back across the desk at me and wanted to cry. I can't take it home, or I'll get fired. Dang... :mad:

Why fired?? They hate the world? Think it needs more junk?

I have some 14 inchs CRT tv,s and found that 14 inch is enough for Atari 8-bits, the key is to have a setup so that the Tv screen is placed high enough so that the screen comes just in front of your eyes and sit not to far away, comparable to a CRT computer monitor setup. I Must say i love using the CRT TV with the Atari 8-Bits. And the 14 inch CRT's are now getting more rare where i live so i take good care of the ones i have. :)

I am not sure if this will make you cheer-up but here we go :P

post-15627-0-46962000-1424933619_thumb.jpg

Edited by atari8warez
  • Like 1

I had a 14" Trinitron hooked to my Atari 800, still miss that little treasure of a TV, pulling the volume control out to turn it on etc.. I feel your pain...

Sorry I can't cheer you up but at least you are not alone..So sad you can't liberate these things....Mind you my wife would have words if I did :)

• Like 1

Stupid question but have you tried asking ;)

I once found a bunch of 10x1.44 MB floppies in a store room cupboard in a job a few years ago. It had been tasked with inventorying the whole stock-room and boxing the stuff up for an office move. I asked if I could have the boxes of floppies which had been sitting there for twenty years completely forgotten about and which were obviously either going to be tossed out or left sitting in a different cupboard for another twenty years (there were c. thirty boxes) and the boss said no. Fortunately I still somehow have ten boxes of those floppies in my cupboard at home. ;)

• Like 1

I haven't specifically asked about that TV, but I have asked about things that have gone in there before and it's a strict company policy. :(

On second glance, it looks like it might be a 27", which makes it even more desirable to me. :_(

I'll make do with my 1701. Life is still pretty darned good, just sad to see such a beautiful thing go to waste!

I had gotten a high end CRT monitor free from work some years ago. I forget the brand, but I know it had a Sony Trinitron tube, which was flat both vertically and horizontally! The only other Trinitron tubes I had ever seen before were flat vertically only. It had your typical DB15 VGA input and also BNC style (4 connectors). There was nothing wrong with it, other than it was big and quite heavy. It had been used in the radiology department and they were getting rid of it in favor of flat panel technology. I don't work there any more, but the rule with taking stuff back then was to run it by the manager for an okay 1st, even if it was in the trash. Before that, it was fair game if it was in the trash. Who knows by now, they may have adopted a not at all policy.

It will probably make some of you sick, but after I used it for quite a while, I gave that thing away because it took up sooo much desk space. Sometimes I wonder if I should have tried to see if there were any interested buyers. Would probably have to have been CL though for local, since shipping would have been substantial.

Edited by fujidude

I have often found that big companies are so hamstrung by their rules that they desire throwing away everything rather than letting someone else have it. The grocery store company I work for has a big 'conflict of interest' rule we have to follow. I can't even ask for one of the inflatable displays the vendors use as it is basically 'illegal', though they admit to giving the things away all the time. Beer items are controlled by the state, so that's different. Basically, if they can't make any money from it and think you might, they get all butt-hurt about it.

Edited by simbalion
  • Like 1